Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 14:21   #1
BHPian

review - bull audio cs650.75 6.5" component speakers

my friend just got installed a very basic system i.e.
pioneer 4050 and bull audio component cs 650

pioneer 4050-* Direct AUX-in by 3.5mm plug (front)
* USB direct connection: USB 2.0
* iPod direct connection (with optional CD-IU50)
* Advanced Sound Retriever
* EEQ
* 3-band parametric equalizer
* Rotary Commander
* Direct Sub Drive
* 3 RCA pre-outs (front + rear + subwoofer) Hi Volt
* Remote Control

bull audio cs 650.75 6.5" component-
-powderd coated basket
-pp cone
-50 watt rms
-20 mm silk dome neo magnet tweeter, flush and anle mount
-crossover with tweeter attenuation and reversible overload protection
-frequency responce 55-22000hz
-sensitivity - 89db 1w/m
-crossover frequency - 5500hz

the install was done at driven and i was very impressed by their professional behavior and installation.
the mid-woofer was mounted on the door with mdf spacer rings and the tweeter was mounted on the black plastic part

listning session -
my friend had some valentines day cd full of love songs and we started with the first track Bryan Adams - i am ready - everything on the unit was set to default

the moment we turned on the unit both of felt the presence of soft dome tweeter - sweet and warm highs, as the track proceeded the flute came into play and there was music all around. very good channel separation and it never felt like there was any need of time alignment.the front stage was very wide and over the dash. the speakers disappeared in the flow of music.
this was my friend's first car stereo and the first word he said was -
"WOW"

track- second - Roxette - Pretty woman soundtrack - It must have been love.
the opening of the track is with drums, the components amazed both of us!! even without any external amp, running only from head unit the drum beats were deep and punchy- just the way i like it
midrange was sweet and the bell ringsin the songs were crystal clear.i was very impressed with the imaging of these components.

we tried amny other tracks (mp3's) from rock to rap and all i want to add is these are the best component speakers i had heard for rs 4500 which beats many many speakers double its price including mine.

in the end it was all about customer satisfaction and he was more than happy.
Old 31st May 2008, 16:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

hmm, nice.Thanks for the review!
4.5k is a great price for something with silk tweeters and sounds this good

Nothing in the rear ? and do post pics of the install. We all have been waiting

Last edited by greenhorn : 31st May 2008 at 16:27.
Old 31st May 2008, 16:35   #3
BHPian

the sound got equally spread in the car cabin ( due to height of car and high sound stage ), there was no need of rear speakers at all !
i don't have any pics of the installs as it was very basic install - only front comps+ unit.

i missed one thing - the car is SANTRO XING

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd June 2008 at 12:50.
Old 31st May 2008, 16:38   #4
BHPian

Wonderful experience. Even more because the owner is happy with his purchase. That feeling is hard to beat. Congrats
Old 31st May 2008, 17:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amangujral06 View Post
the sound got equally spread in the car cabin ( due to height of car and high sound stage ), there was no need of rear speakers at all !
i don't have any pics of the installs as it was very basic install - only front comps+ unit.
You must be the first person on T - Bhp to have seen them (except for the distributors themselves ) . We're all waiting to see how they look in the flesh, what all they come with etc
Old 1st June 2008, 12:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well, I've seen and heard Bull Audio.. they appeared & sounded another cheapo chinese brand.

Last edited by panky12345 : 1st June 2008 at 12:05.
Old 1st June 2008, 16:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Well, I've seen and heard Bull Audio.. they appeared & sounded another cheapo chinese brand.
hmmm what does china have to do with cheapo? My visits to China have always shown the average working class to be much more dedicated towards work. More than ANY Indian labour class I've seen doing similar work at par wages.

Baaki, in any case, I've always used JBL as my choice of speaker over Sony, pioneer and all. My shopkeeper tells me they are also made in China and we got 607c components 2 days ago for 4500 and GT5 sub for 3K for install in Manikjeet's car and are very much pleased with JBL. So I dont think being made in China is a bad thing cuz we only save money in the end.

@Aman Gujral nice setup there man. Pics will be appreciated.

BTW why no amp for components ?

Last edited by abhibh : 1st June 2008 at 16:14.
Old 1st June 2008, 16:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Phaji where did you get to listen to them
Old 1st June 2008, 18:34   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
@Aman Gujral nice setup there man. Pics will be appreciated.

BTW why no amp for components ?
no pics as of now. will try to post in few days.

those comps were pretty loud even with the head unit..pioneer volume goes till 60 i guess and we never felt the need to go over 45! therefore no amp added.
Old 1st June 2008, 18:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
hmmm what does china have to do with cheapo? My visits to China have always shown the average working class to be much more dedicated towards work. More than ANY Indian labour class I've seen doing similar work at par wages.

Baaki, in any case, I've always used JBL as my choice of speaker over Sony, pioneer and all. My shopkeeper tells me they are also made in China and we got 607c components 2 days ago for 4500 and GT5 sub for 3K for install in Manikjeet's car and are very much pleased with JBL. So I dont think being made in China is a bad thing cuz we only save money in the end.
Hmm Abhi I think Panky was trying to say this type.

6.5" COMPONENTS

Not JBL as it has some standard on which chinese manufacture made them.

No offense to any one.

Cheers
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

abibh, i think you misunderstood bro. by cheapo chinese, i meant "fake alpine" types. i'm not against china or chinese people by any means.
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
abibh, i think you misunderstood bro. by cheapo chinese, i meant "fake alpine" types. i'm not against china or chinese people by any means.
we all like chinese,specially the chic.fried-rice is my fav. nowdays even chinese products coming with good quality control specs.Some of the products available are real VFM

congrats aman on the install,please post some pics soon matey..cheers

Last edited by ramie2400 : 2nd June 2008 at 12:02.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:50   #13
BHPian

Hello Aman. No issues if you don't have pics. I will be posting up a few in a few days time. Have missed a lot of action in this section of the forum. Kept myself mostly restricted to biking during these holidays.
Anyways, have spent the past few weeks touring and visiting friends in Delhi/Faridabad/Gurgaon. One fine day, when waiting for delivery of a spanking new R6 and 600rr from Mumbai, I had some free time and decided to check out Rainbow and Bull.
Since this thread relates to Bull, I'll tell you that even I was pleasantly surprised with these speakers. Features I liked were a Proper XO, Rubber surround, a proper 6.5" midbass, Swivel base on the tweeter. Extremely impressive feature list for that price band.
And the fact that the Rainbow team itself does quality control back in Germany had me sold completely on them. Now that is what I call commitment to quality.
Sk, Flying Bong etc. were also present and each one of them was suitably impressed with the performance, their own high profile systems, notwithstanding. Further motivation to buy the product.

Didn't have requisite cash then. Ordering a pair of them today evening. Hoping for the best :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm Abhi I think Panky was trying to say this type.

6.5" COMPONENTS

Not JBL as it has some standard on which chinese manufacture made them.

No offense to any one.

Cheers
Ah yes. The golden line as always. "No offense"

In any case, are you trying to say you have some spy pics on Rainbow's China supplier? Or the above link is to that supplier/someone like them? And what's on the "standard" thingie? The fact that all Quality control is back in Germany by the same team that does QC on the reputed Rainbow speakers is false?
No point beating around the bush, Raghvvinder. If you have seen/heard these, this is the review thread. Voice your opinions mate

Quote:
abibh, i think you misunderstood bro. by cheapo chinese, i meant "fake alpine" types.
Fake Alpine. Nice. Please point me to what all you noticed in the product that led to this opinion. Funny thing is, I couldn't see any Fake Alpine type thingie on them. If you let me know more, I will check it on my own set again, this time more carefully.

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 2nd June 2008 at 14:00.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

silk tweeters people . nothing else at this price point have them!
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Rajat aka Scaryskulls are you related with Bull Audio in anyway ?

Most Viewed