Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 10:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftron View Post
I can spend money if it's really worth.

That is a very wrong statement to post in the ICE section.

For about 15-18k you can get a monobloc and a sub in a sealed enclosure.
The best thing for you to do at this point is listen to both the bass tube and a sub in a sealed enclosure.
Personally I find that in a bass tube you can hear the bass more than feel it and its the oppossite in a sealed subwoofer.
Disclaimer : The above opinions are based on my listening experiences and I strongly advice you to audition both before taking a plunge.

Quote:
The screen that i am looking to buy is the Pioneer AVX-7650 which is about 25k here in Bangalore.
Dont you think replacing your existing HU with a JVC or pioneer 2 din touch screen HU would be a better and more economical (???) option. I heard the JVC AVX 800 (???) sells for about 25k. not too sure on the pio prices.
I dint mention alpine as it is waaay more expensive.
The JVC hu has more features than your existing pio one for sure; The most notable of which is time allignment.

Could you please post how much you paid for your pio HU ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th June 2008 at 11:59.
Old 11th June 2008, 11:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for asking but what exactly is DUB ?
DUB is a sister concern of AUDIOBAHN . you can contact Bass&Trouble for is products or visit hermitaudio.com
Old 11th June 2008, 11:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
DUB is a sister concern of AUDIOBAHN . you can contact Bass&Trouble for is products or visit hermitaudio.com
I do not think B&T's company handles AudioBahn or DUB audio products anymore. He can clarify.
Old 11th June 2008, 23:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post

That is a very wrong statement to post in the ICE section.

Could you please post how much you paid for your pio HU ?
Sorry cooldude1988765, i didnt mean to offend this section or anyone in here. I was merely referring that if i like something then i wouldnt mind spending some extra cash.

For the Pioneer HU i paid about 12K without B/W. I wanted to go for a unit with the B/W, but a very close friend asked me to contact this guy and get it without B/W and he if anything goes wrong he would personally get that replaced.
Old 12th June 2008, 08:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry cooldude1988765, i didnt mean to offend this section or anyone in here. I was merely referring that if i like something then i wouldnt mind spending some extra cash.
You sure din't offend anyone here. The ICE section of Tbhp is known to blow away budgets. People have started of with a 10k budget and have ended up spending 40-50k. All i was trying to do is warn you against that.
Old 12th June 2008, 09:28   #21
BHPian

If you are particularly looking for 8” tube then you can try RS8A-HP - Bazooka 8" or Bazooka NOS8-Blue. Bozooka has good looking tubes or you to go for Cerwin-Vega subwoofers and get custom designed box. I am very sure you will love the effect that you get from them.... hey you need to work out on the Vitamin M if you are going for the Cerwin-Vega! Regarding the screen... its better to outsource it, if you have the contact...
Old 12th June 2008, 11:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I do not think B&T's company handles AudioBahn or DUB audio products anymore. He can clarify.
DUB products are anyway discontinued by the brand themselves. And yes, you are right, our company does not represent the above products any more. Our best wishes are with whoever will be doing them henceforth. cheers:
Old 12th June 2008, 12:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
.... hey you need to work out on the Vitamin M if you are going for the Cerwin-Vega! Regarding the screen... its better to outsource it, if you have the contact...
I am already working on that Vinay, hey thanks for all the info bro, we should go to Auto Fusion sometime to check out a few demos first.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
You sure din't offend anyone here. The ICE section of Tbhp is known to blow away budgets. People have started of with a 10k budget and have ended up spending 40-50k. All i was trying to do is warn you against that.

Thats for damn sure, i was checking out LBM's GZ Plutonium, WOW thats a great setup, i cant even think of that setup. I am not looking for a really BIG competition type setup but i would say more in terms of what 'I' call mediocre

Hey by the way, i really appreciate you guys giving all your ideas.

As for the 7" 2 DIN HU, i was thinking of that but due budget constraints i thought of getting the whole thing done at one step at a time. So i went in for Single DIN HU and at the time of purchase i thought the Pio DVH-P5950MP was the best. I infact was thinking of getting it from Australia / Malaysia but fortunately for me someone had it in stock here.
Do you guys think i should probably change the HU??????
Old 12th June 2008, 20:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you guys think i should probably change the HU??????
I suggested it because you seem to be spending the same on a screen instead of a new HU. Plus you can get some money back by selling your existing HU.
Old 13th June 2008, 00:06   #26
BHPian

I will definitely give that a thought and this time around i will try getting a 2DIN

I am going to try looking at a few demos this weekend and keep you guys posted.

And yeah, i am thinking of getting headers and K&N Air filter installed too.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:39   #27
BHPian

Mods, would you be so kind enough to close this thread. I got the answers that i was looking for. Thanks everyone. :-)

Thread closed as requested, PM Support Staff if anybody would want to, add, discuss further or clarify at a later date.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th June 2008 at 23:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed