Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 10:12   #1
BANNED

Wagon R - replace blaunpunkt speakers with JBL GTO937

Hi People,

I am back with another query for the gurus, now being used to JBL speakers, i don't like the blaunpunkt used in my WagonR, plan to replace them with JBL GTO937.

Now my query is - i have a tray installed for now in the car, but it shakes at times and gives unwanted sounds while driving. What is the best way to install speakers at the rear of the WagonR.

Also, is it possible to put 4 speakers at the back? as i dont want to throw the blaunpunkt speakers?

As always, appreciate your support. Waiting your valuable suggestions.

Udit
Old 9th June 2008, 10:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

i dont think swapping the blau rears with JBL's would give you a very big change, especially for you sitting in the front. If i were you, I'd focus on the fronts. What DO you have in the fronts btw? if its the shaking, try to put a rubber lining on the tray where it rests. are you sure it's been fixed properly?
Old 9th June 2008, 11:04   #3
BANNED

At the front, i just have normal sony speakers. Don't remember the model number though. Yes, may be rubber lining can help.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
At the front, i just have normal sony speakers.
There you go, there's your culprit. Sony sucks dude

But then again, i dont know if there are many ice upgrade options for a wagon R. If you are willing to do some cutting to the doors , you may be able to get some decent components installed.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:20   #5
BANNED

Oh, i don't want to do any cuttings to the doors. Most i can is put speakers in box at the rear. Any other suggestions with my limitations?
Old 9th June 2008, 11:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

I agree with what greenhorn posted. Get better speakers for the front and change the tray in the rear to something that isnt so prone to rattling or moving around.What size speakers can Wagon R accomodate in front ?
Old 9th June 2008, 12:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Now my query is - i have a tray installed for now in the car, but it shakes at times and gives unwanted sounds while driving. What is the best way to install speakers at the rear of the WagonR.

Also, is it possible to put 4 speakers at the back? as i dont want to throw the blaunpunkt speakers?

Udit
What material is the tray made of? You need to have MDF board to sort the rattling issue.
4 speakers behind is not a good idea. It will be difficult to tune and moreover if you are driving you would want a front sound stage.

Go for good speakers upfront and change the tray to MDF if its not already done.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

4 inchers , unfortunately. if you can afford to spend 5k, there are some very nice 4" illusion comps to be had
Old 9th June 2008, 12:38   #9
BANNED

I do not know what MDF material is, what i currently have is metal one with cloth on top. Please let me know what MDF is. Oh cool, i can checkout illusion then. I will share the blaus model number with you guys, then may be you can suggest me better. I do not get bass out of blaus which i want.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:11   #10
BANNED

i have another query, what are front comps, are they different than speakers?
Old 9th June 2008, 15:24   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i have another query, what are front comps, are they different than speakers?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...-coaxials.html

There you go!
Old 9th June 2008, 16:04   #12
BHPian

i am just poking in!!! Just curious, is it a good idea to place speakers on MDF tray or in box??
Actually i broke my tray and iam looking for a change, so was just trying to check out the options!!
Sorry for trespassing the original thread!
Old 9th June 2008, 17:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
i am just poking in!!! Just curious, is it a good idea to place speakers on MDF tray or in box??
Actually i broke my tray and iam looking for a change, so was just trying to check out the options!!
Sorry for trespassing the original thread!
I am no guru but what I have read on the forum is that people prefer them to be mounted on the tray. But it then depends on your requirements. I have mounted them on the tray in my car but my dad prefers them in box in his car to save space! IMHO it sounds better when mounted on the tray.
Old 9th June 2008, 17:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Boxes, if not made well, will alter the sound produced by the ovals - especially the bass. Also, they will occupy floor area of the boot unless you figure out how to mount it higher up.

A good MDF parcel tray will free up the boot floor, and - by most experiences here - give decent acceptable sound with the IB mounting of the speakers. Being heavier than the original FRP parcel tray, they rattle substantially less.
Old 9th June 2008, 18:06   #15
BHPian

@deralte and @thirst4torque: thanks for the input guys. Actually i broke my MDF tray either it was of substandard quality or the speakers are lil heavy and i dont want to go for the stupid metal frame trays and moreover swift's boot is totaly rendered useless if you put a tray, i mean you can't even put a decent sized suitcase. But then if tray sounds better than i can compromise with the boot space and in case of any dire emergency i can remove the tray since i usually run the front compos and keep the rears lil low.
Will check out box at my installer's shop.
Thanks!

Most Viewed