Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 12:35   #16
BHPian

That is a good one and some inspiration for me..
Old 13th June 2008, 13:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

clean install except for the poking skrews on the parcel tray??
My relatively new travel bag had a cut due to such a screw after pulling it out from the boot of my bro in law's car. Please put a smaller screw or a small nut and bolt. Will be firmer. the tweeter install looks like a stock clean install.
i am considering bull audio now.
Old 13th June 2008, 17:41   #18
Senior - BHPian

Having heard the install, I can certainly say it is a VFM product. Great install, great price point, great sound.

Though i am no authority about sound quality - I go by my ear so to say. The only thing I did miss was the subwoofer, not that the bass was deficient but maybe insufficient (for my liking), nice to know it is on its way !!

The product has a sure - shot future, that I can tell for sure.

Congrats Arush on taming the BULL

Cheers
Old 14th June 2008, 11:40   #19
BHPian

I did get to hear the install when I was there for my install. Must say - brilliant SQ at that price level. I did miss the sub and will be waiting for Arush to call me when its installed.
The build quality looks good and IMO this is a good VFM product. A collegue of mine who has been postponing his ICE upgrade (fund crunch)seems to have fallen in love with the set up - should be getting it installed soon in his Accent.
Old 18th June 2008, 11:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ashthedivx, shreyasma...

kutlee: thanks for the suggesstion, the pics were taken during the install, the screws have been taken care of. Im sure you wont be dissappointed if you opt for BULL.

Ricky: All of us know you cannot bear sound without a subwoofer, your wish shall be fulfilled soon, audition time shall be pretty soon!

Sheshagiri: Your input definitely means a lot. (Guys, believe me this dude here is a self learned audio enthusiast with a pretty fine ear for the good stuff). Looking forward to your friends accent.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:47   #21
BHPian

Bull Audio

Hmmm...I got a chance to listen to this install while the car was at Patel Auto, Gurgaon & thought I'd post my opinions:

1. Punchy midbass that is not boomy - high-passed at around 60Hz, the 6.5" compenents & 6X9s had me wondering if a sub was actually part of the setup
2. Smooth treble - I did not hear any harshness/sibilance on any of the music I listened to. Tweeter setting was set to "loud", a little more attenuation may be more to my personal taste...
3. Power handling - I got the impression that with adequate power, it is possible to enjoy these speakers at pretty loud levels without boom, muddiness or brightness. They did very well with 50 watts a side and may yield astonishing results with even more.
4. Midrange seemed reasonably balanced & articulate compared to frequency extremes and not laid-back (perhaps indicates that the midbass & tweeter blend well)
5. Detail/ imaging/ staging was decent, given the price, build quality is certainly better.

Overall sound is full-bodied (not tinny) & musical and can be enjoyed at all listening levels. A great VFM product IMHO.

Any cons? I think red looks best on Ferraris
Old 18th June 2008, 16:52   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Any cons? I think red looks best on Ferraris
I was thinking the red baskets remind me of Sony's XPLOD series cones!
Old 18th June 2008, 20:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i wish they had a more subtle color scheme too. But whatever bakes their cake i guess.
Old 18th June 2008, 22:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Yeah i wish they had a more subtle color scheme too. But whatever bakes their cake i guess.
Hey your the AUTOPSYCHE,Changing the color should not be a problem for you
Old 19th June 2008, 00:55   #25
BANNED

Nice review and write up Arush. Really appreciate it. I went to have demo of Bull Audio today and I came back very impressed. I wouldn't say that it's better than a Hertz energy setup but, it sounded better than the Dieci series for sure (which I like very much). The price is the main attraction of the products offered by this brand and Almost every piece I saw in the shop was taken up already.
Planning to get a small ICE setup done soon. I don't have a vehicle now!

The 6.5" compos are priced at 4.5k and 5.25" compos are priced 4.25k! Subs start from 4k and up. 4channel amp costs just 7k! These are some killer prices. Way to go, Gunnu and JB!! Keep it up.
Old 1st July 2008, 07:48   #26
BHPian

Hi all,
I have a Bull Audio setup in my Palio 1.6.

My review in brief:
I have the compos in stock location, meaning the tweeters sit in their strange location facing inwards below the ORVM levers. They were swiveled forward during the install, but I dont know which position they are in now. The rear coaxials were set up in the parcel tray, only because the stock locations cannot house 6x9s. All this mated with a Pio 5050.

At installation, I felt that the bass was not enough. So the whole thing was tuned towards a "more-bass" setting. And yes, at this setting the whole soundstage moves totally backward. So the fader goes to F6.

The sound quality is good for the price. It will definitely leave non-audiophiles with a wide grin. The amount of bass the setup can deliver is incredible. The Palio is totally silent with all windows up and the A/C in the lower settings, and the clarity at this level of listening is excellent. Just set the vol to low (12) and the music keeps filtering in between conversation in the car. At higher volumes, the mids seems to be lacking - for example if I am playing Audioslave, the harsh guitar riffs seem a bit muted. And the distortion is slightly noticeable. Now I dont whether it is due to the tuning, or due the inherent property of the speakers. And yes, I've tried with all the settings I can.

Overall, I am happy with the sound. It's a pity that my listening in the car is brief as my distances travelled are short.

What would I have done right?
If I had listened to navinji, I would have probably realized that, for my taste, the coaxes in the rear parcel tray do not work. Probably an amp with a sub with two front compos alone would do. But the Palio has a metal sheet at the back of the backseat, so I dont know how the whole thing would have played out.

When the wallet permits, I would probably try out the permutations.

The install was done at Driven - a great place.

-Anand
Old 1st July 2008, 10:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
What would I have done right?
If I had listened to navinji, I would have probably realized that, for my taste, the coaxes in the rear parcel tray do not work. Probably an amp with a sub with two front compos alone would do. But the Palio has a metal sheet at the back of the backseat, so I dont know how the whole thing would have played out.
Anand, you can still undo it... tell the guys at DRIVEN you want to return the rear speakers and get an amp instead. Being customer oriented, I'm sure they will accommodate your request.

Your components will work beautifully off an amp and one thing they definitely don't lack is vocals.

Cheers!
Old 1st July 2008, 11:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
In a Palio (like almost any hatch) a sub in the trunk will most positively be heard in the cabin.
Old 2nd July 2008, 02:22   #29

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I would advise you to remove the tweeters from the stock location and have them mounted on the dash or the A-pillar.Faced a similar problem in siena but rectified it by moving the tweeters on to the A-pillars.The problem is,though the rhs tweeter pod is focussed towards you,the LHS stock tweeter location faces the windshield.
And ya im sure DRIVEN will entertain your request .
Old 15th October 2008, 07:28   #30
BANNED

Shall I post a review?

Yes! I am in Delhi.
Summer has lost it's way and it's slowly pulling out. Winter is slowly pushing in. Very pleasant climate suitable and perfect to spend the evenings roaming around. Metro has made things easy for many. Shopping malls are full with people getting ready for the financial crisis by spending crazy amounts on whatever they can. Flea markets are alive and kicking. Indiagate is waiting eagerly to hear the thunders of F1. Dilli! It's special.

There's something more interesting for any ICE enthusiasts here. Lots of amazingly ICEd up cars. Bass bombs, musical symphonys... It's just wow! Wow!!

Yesterday's meet was a good opportunity to audition Autopsyche's wife's car. A very simple, clean sounding, straight forward ICE setup. Nothing big to claim nor any huge numerics.

HU: Alpine 9857
A tried and tested unit. Favoured by many. Clean sounding, 4v pre outs, ample controls and good features. Detailing and depth of sound is commendable. I felt home with this Alpine!
I don't have to go into more details as this is a very famous, raved HU thru out the world.
Score: 8/10

Amp: Bull Audio 4.200
Impressive! Amazing power and control over the speakers for it's money. Puts out clean and wonderful, warm sound. It gets a bit mixed/hollow in the mids section at very high volumes with some tracks. But that is expected in an amp of this price range. Amazing VFM for it's price. I would like to change the looks though!
Score: 7/10

Front speakers: Bull Audio 6.5" components
Words cannot do justice to these amazing piece of speakers. Amazing! I am yet to see any other speaker in this price range performing better. Very soft and detailed highs. Strong mids and mid bass. Good handling of lows. The sound just made me fall in love with these speakers once again. I want these! I want these!
The price is the most shocking factor of these components. 4.5k! I repeat, there's no better buy.
Score: 10/10

Rear speakers: Bull audio 6X9 ovals
Good speakers, perfect for rear if a sub is not under consideration. Nothing special to write about but does it's job well. The lows put out from these made me wonder if there's a sub hidden somewhere. It gave enough thump and smooth lows. Not loud or out of control. Nice.
Score: 7/10

Overall equipment Score: 8/10

Install:
Done under the supervision of the very famous ICE duo; Gunbir and Autophile (JB), no explanation is needed that the install is almost perfect. No wires spilled out, no parts poking out, no signs of poorly closed facia/door pads etc.. Looks very clean and sounds the same too.
Score: 10/10

Conclusion:
If somebody wants a clean sounding, no show system, this setup is a very big example. Eyes closed and ears open, this is simply the best money can buy in a budget below 25k (HU excluded).
Overall ICE Score: 9/10
Closed Thread

Most Viewed