Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2008, 00:46   #1
BHPian

Pioneer DEQ-P7650

I am looking for the DEQ-P7650 Multi Channel Processor. Any idea where i can source it from in Bangalore and how much it would cost?.
Old 14th June 2008, 11:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Too sophisticated to be available off-the-shelf at retail joints. You could enquire at National Market with Mishrimal and such shops. If they dont have it, they might get it for you.

Another unit that you could consider is the Alpine PXA. PM LBM for details and ask him where he got it from (quite likely Singapore).
Old 14th June 2008, 13:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Too sophisticated to be available off-the-shelf at retail joints. You could enquire at National Market with Mishrimal and such shops. If they dont have it, they might get it for you.

Another unit that you could consider is the Alpine PXA. PM LBM for details and ask him where he got it from (quite likely Singapore).
What is your requirement. Means what do you plan to do with it.

I got the PXA from delhi with B/W from authorized dealer.

The only product in my car which is without B/W is my HU. Rest all stuff is with B/W.
Old 15th June 2008, 12:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

I got the PXA from delhi with B/W from authorized dealer.

The only product in my car which is without B/W is my HU. Rest all stuff is with B/W.
LBM bhai, he is not asking for the PXA and he never asked what stuff you bought with b/w or gray. I think, both these product are poles apart in pricing and functions.

Swiftron, you could look up the processor on ebay us. quite a few of them are available IIRC. I don't know any source in india and i dont think it is available anymore off the shelf. a few years back, i bought the 9200 processor and it was available off the shelf.

IMHO, get the 9200. it has better features.

cheers
Old 15th June 2008, 13:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
Swiftron, you could look up the processor on ebay us. quite a few of them are available IIRC. I don't know any source in india and i dont think it is available anymore off the shelf. a few years back, i bought the 9200 processor and it was available off the shelf.

IMHO, get the 9200. it has better features.

cheers

Bhai bhai...you got all confused.

Please read again before posting. I did not recommended the PXA. DerAlte Ji recommended it. I only asked Swiftron what is his requirement.

As DerAlte ji said that I got it from singapore, but infact I got it from delhi from Elegent (Lajpat Nagar). Retails for 49k approx.

Now about the Pioneer processors.

The model Swiftron is asking is this one..

DEQ-P7650

Not this one as you suggested..

Pioneer DEQ-7600 Digital Signal Processor with EQ and Spectrum Analyzer at Crutchfield.com

Or this one...

Pioneer USA - Equalizers

I think he wants a 5.1 setup in car. These above are normal EQ`s. DerAlte was right to suggest the PXA. As add the DEQ-P7650 will require a Pioneer DVD HU. And in the case of PXA if the Controller is not used a DVD hu will be required. So both of them will cost nearly the same. But I think getting the 7650 will be a bit difficult. Also the DEQ-P9200 and the PXA-H701 both costs $500.

Alpine PXA-H701 Multichannel audio processor at Crutchfield.com

So again I would request to Swiftron to please tell what does he plan to do ?
Attached Thumbnails
Pioneer DEQ-P7650-deqp7650.jpg  

Pioneer DEQ-P7650-h130deq7600p.jpg  

Pioneer DEQ-P7650-35804deq_9200_med.jpg  

Last edited by DerAlte : 16th June 2008 at 10:51. Reason: Removed redundant parts
Old 15th June 2008, 15:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Bhai bhai...you got all confused.

Please read again before posting. I did not recommended the PXA. DerAlte Ji recommended it. I only asked Swiftron what is his requirement.

As DerAlte ji said that I got it from singapore, but infact I got it from delhi from Elegent (Lajpat Nagar). Retails for 49k approx. Also who are you to decide that Swiftron will not go for it. It is his choice he might go for it.

Now about the Pioneer processors.

The model Swiftron is asking is this one..

DEQ-P7650

Not this one as you suggested..

Pioneer DEQ-7600 Digital Signal Processor with EQ and Spectrum Analyzer at Crutchfield.com

Or this one...

Pioneer USA - Equalizers

I think he wants a 5.1 setup in car. These above are normal EQ`s. DerAlte was right to suggest the PXA. As add the DEQ-P7650 will require a Pioneer DVD HU. And in the case of PXA if the Controller is not used a DVD hu will be required. So both of them will cost nearly the same. But I think getting the 7650 will be a bit difficult. Also the DEQ-P9200 and the PXA-H701 both costs $500.

Alpine PXA-H701 Multichannel audio processor at Crutchfield.com

So again I would request to Swiftron to please tell what does he plan to do ?
And when did i say he should not buy the pxa? Even if i say he should not buy it or i force him not to buy the pxa, why would you have a problem with that?

i will say what ever i want without breaking any rules here(i try my best not to) im entitled to an opinion just like you are entitled to yours.

Re deralte's post, i thought you were quoting Swiftron. This happened because your reply started with "What is your requirement. Means what do you plan to do with it." Now obviously, you weren't asking Deralte so i assumed you were replying to swiftron.

Yes, i thought he wanted the deq-7600 processor. I mixed up the model numbers. My bad.

Swiftron,

please accept my apologies for the mess in this thread.

Re. the processor, i haven't used any of them. If i have to decide without auditioning any of them, i would go with the Alipine PXA(provided they are priced similarly and have the same basic functions) because i think Alpine makes better products than pioneer(IMHO)

cheers

Last edited by DerAlte : 16th June 2008 at 10:48. Reason: Removed redundant parts
Old 15th June 2008, 20:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a few years back, i bought the 9200 processor and it was available off the shelf.
Quote:
Re. the processor, i haven't used any of them.
Have you bought it or not ? Now I am confused
Old 16th June 2008, 00:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Clipto, LBM: Chill. The phrase should be "who are we to decide" - we must only advise. And in the process of advising, let us not flame each other.

Clipto: I am sure LBM wouldn't have meant what you had interpreted it to be
LBM: Swiftron's need is more important than what clipto did or said. Matter closed.
Old 16th June 2008, 03:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hi LBM,
I am have a DVH-P5950MP HU and GM-6300F PowerAMP, i was thinking of adding mid bass cones on the rear doors and this processor using optical cables so that i can play DTS cds. The regualar HU's can read cds but they dont have the capability decode the DTS content. Only this type of processor can. Want to make it 5.1 surround on my swiftie

Sorry for the delay was outta town for the last 2days
Attached Thumbnails
Pioneer DEQ-P7650-deqp7650.jpg  

Old 16th June 2008, 11:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi bro this type processor will be hard to find off-shelf. I would suggest to get in touch with a good installer (Blueraven) in your area and he can hook you up with the same.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:23   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hi bro this type processor will be hard to find off-shelf. I would suggest to get in touch with a good installer (Blueraven) in your area and he can hook you up with the same.
LBM, i am thinking of using a set of mid bass 6 1/2" for the read door, do you think it would sound good with 6 speakers inside. I have two components in the front without the tweeter and two 6x9's 3way on the tray. No sub

I was thinking of making this entire setup a 5.1 channel surround sound. i got some DTS audio cds which i really like. Do you think its a good choice.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftron View Post
LBM, i am thinking of using a set of mid bass 6 1/2" for the read door, do you think it would sound good with 6 speakers inside. I have two components in the front without the tweeter and two 6x9's 3way on the tray. No sub

I was thinking of making this entire setup a 5.1 channel surround sound. i got some DTS audio cds which i really like. Do you think its a good choice.
Not LBM but still butting in, sorry about that.

The only way to get reasonably good 5.1, especially when watching video, in a car like the Swift would be to use this arrangement. Program both pairs of speakers in the doors as fronts, and the 6x9s as rears. Use component speakers or good coaxes in the rear doors, dont go for just midbasses.

If you dont do this, you will not be able to hear the front channels properly when seated in the rear. Also make sure you place the center such that it is audible in both front and rear seating positions. You may have to increase/ decrease the center channel level depending on where you are sitting.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Yaar you are playing components without tweeters. Why ?

For a 5.1 you need to add a center speaker also. For the fronts the Front compo will be good. For the rear you can keep the ovals but I would suggest the rear doors as you will get better imaging when compared to oval. For rear you can use co-axial. And if budget allows you can add a sub at a later stage.
Old 17th June 2008, 00:32   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Not LBM but still butting in, sorry about that.

The only way to get reasonably good 5.1, especially when watching video, in a car like the Swift would be to use this arrangement. Program both pairs of speakers in the doors as fronts, and the 6x9s as rears. Use component speakers or good coaxes in the rear doors, dont go for just midbasses.

If you dont do this, you will not be able to hear the front channels properly when seated in the rear. Also make sure you place the center such that it is audible in both front and rear seating positions. You may have to increase/ decrease the center channel level depending on where you are sitting.
I really appreciate you guys for giving me a lot of valuable input.
I currently am using a Infinity 6020cs front components and Infinity 9623i rear ovals. Any suggestions on rear co-axials (preferably Infinity)
Old 17th June 2008, 00:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Yaar you are playing components without tweeters. Why ?

For a 5.1 you need to add a center speaker also. For the fronts the Front compo will be good. For the rear you can keep the ovals but I would suggest the rear doors as you will get better imaging when compared to oval. For rear you can use co-axial. And if budget allows you can add a sub at a later stage.

This may sound very silly but the installer wanted to drill holes in my new baby, i told him it either goes in there without drilling or it doesnt go in at all

I will think about the sub once i have made enough savings for a good set. But now i want to install the processor and the rear door co-ax.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks