Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2008, 18:58   #1
BHPian

Help regarding Basstube

Hey guys, I made a purchase for JBL 607 Components and a JBL 500W Basstube about 2 months back from Sprocket Hyd. The stock for the tube was expected in a week and I was a temporary replacement for it, a Dynaquest Tube (400W). Since that day, the shop guy was just postponing the delivery of the JBL tube saying that the stock is not available from the supplier. From a week, this waiting went into months. I did contact Sam and ask him regarding the stock and he says its available in hyd. So am duped. Now that shop guys leaves me with only 2 options, a refund of just 2.4k for the tube or I settle with the DynaQuest tube. I want your help as to what I must do now. How good is this Dynaquest tube? And what is the mrp of the JBL tube outside?

Regards,
Sagar.
Old 14th June 2008, 22:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Commiserations, O Sphinx who is Furious! You should be able to say how good the Dynaquest tube is, since YOU have listened to it for a few months.

Not clear from your description who said what to whom at the time of purchase. Promises are of no value from a shopkeeper. If you had ASSUMED that he will REPLACE it when the JBL comes, your fault, you have to take the loss either way. You could have paid him half the cost of the DQ tube as an incentive to replace, but that time is past now.

If however he had foisted the DQ on you, it is loss of faith (and you might have paid 4K for something that is worth 2K). Then perhaps numerical strength has to be on your side when you try to make him understand that he has erred.

Your choice to pursue it or not, since you entered the deal knowingly. Good luck.
Old 15th June 2008, 01:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Commiserations, O Sphinx who is Furious! You should be able to say how good the Dynaquest tube is, since YOU have listened to it for a few months.

Not clear from your description who said what to whom at the time of purchase. Promises are of no value from a shopkeeper. If you had ASSUMED that he will REPLACE it when the JBL comes, your fault, you have to take the loss either way. You could have paid him half the cost of the DQ tube as an incentive to replace, but that time is past now.

If however he had foisted the DQ on you, it is loss of faith (and you might have paid 4K for something that is worth 2K). Then perhaps numerical strength has to be on your side when you try to make him understand that he has erred.

Your choice to pursue it or not, since you entered the deal knowingly. Good luck.
Yup, admitted that the fault is on my side. Another tbhpian recommended me that place and helped get the stuff at a very neat price. And he (tbhpian) is apparantly too busy too help clear this issue since 2 months.

Well lets keep that aside, I generally want to know how good the dynaquest tubes are. Am a complete novice in the world of ICE. I like the bass but I feel its a bit too much. I wanted to know what is the mrp of both, the JBL and the DQ tubes. And how is the SQ of the DQ tube, acc to you gurus.
Old 15th June 2008, 23:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

DQ is not a widely used brand, so it will be difficult to find user experiences. The JBL tube MRP you can check on the rediff site where they retail them, or check at Sprocket. DQ is unlikely to be in the category that bothers about MRP.

I think the best would be to forget the bad experience, move on and enjoy your music without comparing with others. Turn down the sub amp gain, and tune your system. Dont worry, you can do it yourself, there are many threads here explaining how to do that.
Old 16th June 2008, 10:30   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
DQ is not a widely used brand, so it will be difficult to find user experiences. .
DQ products are made by Tru-Honour in China. Their products are strictly average. Very Boomy much like Sumoko. But the public (their target audience) loves the boom. Build quality of some of their (Pro series) stuff though is quite good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks