Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:26   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
The way I found,if someone comes asking for polk they give them Boston ,if someone comes asking for Boston they give them polk , but they had been pushing Boston more than Polk.
lets all go there and ask for Dapic and Ultimate! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I certainly wouldn't let any guy who wanted to install pioneer 5 ways in the rear and two TS 20's in the front, in my shop ,
I would. I would advise him not to but hey if someone has the ears to listen to a pair of Pioneer 5 ways in the rear and 4 TS20s in the front and all powered by a single Sony 554 amp then so be it.

I have family members who buy Bose so if I cant even convince family what right do I have to expect to sell my ideas to others?

Besides I have learnt that my taste is very laid back. I suspect it might be beuase I often have rather extended listening sessions.
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:04   #47
BHPian

The first purchase I ever did from Emperor was a JVC mp3 headunit,pair of 2 way 6.5" pioneers and a pair of BOSS Tweeeeterrs man it was so awesome setup. The next time i went there to get K & N filters for my Bike,I waited there 30 minutes for one of the owners to show me the filter,but he didn't show it to me so I simply walked out of there and bought it from the next shop. Oh the price was 100 rupees cheaper too. That day I made up my mind never to set foot in that shop ever again.

However 2 weeks back me and another T-bhpian was doing our usual round of raiding the ICE shop and we went to their new shop on the Highway and man they were good, they showed us the stuff, they gave us an audition, they gave us discounts and what not. Really impressed with their new change of attitude.

But still last day we did a very good install at Galaxy for out Fellow Bhpian,only because we thought emperor would be reluctant to take up the same work and End Effects(Rayees) seemed too busy to attend to our calls,the install was far from perfect but got it done for the time being because no one else worthy enough to do it could be found.

Edit: - just learned that Rayees is planning another reopening of the shop with more bolt on BHP equipments like K & N filters, MSD Ignitions,Platinum Plugs, Free Flaws etc, also the shop is not open always only if there are customers for installation. I guess it's simply going down the drain.

Ultimate & Dapic ? they'll give us Somukoo and Dainty.

Last edited by muneemmk : 3rd March 2009 at 11:20.
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Edit: - just learned that Rayees is planning another reopening of the shop with more bolt on BHP equipments like K & N filters, MSD Ignitions,Platinum Plugs, Free Flaws etc, also the shop is not open always only if there are customers for installation. I guess it's simply going down the drain.

Ultimate & Dapic ? they'll give us Somukoo and Dainty.
i heard that End Effect is being taken over by a new management, and they may diversify into some non ice stuff. The've managed to get the distribution for FFe's from a certain person, and have sort of opened up another place for it. i too heard about the opening up when there is a customer part, looks like (one of) the final nails in the coffin to me.

Free flaws eh?? So this explains all the fumble ups he's been having lately!
Old 3rd March 2009, 14:28   #49
BHPian

Flaws Galore.

There are many such flaws to their credit , like installing a JL audio W6 sub in an SX4 and the car's alternator was not able to handle the load and the complete system would turn itself off in 5 minutes of playing at volumes close to 25,the guy couldn't figure it out and sent the customer off ,the customer took it to a different guy and they replaced the alternator(70Ah) to a safari's Alternator(120AH) and voila problem was solved. If someone is not able to troubleshoot his own install he's not for fit for doing it in the first place.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Is the sub THAT power hungry? I think LBM runs more power hungry equipment with just his stock Swift alternator ( think he has an upgraded battery and some caps though)

EDIT : here it is , check out newbie l_b_m in action
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...much-load.html

I think there must have been some other issue with the wiring, which probably got cured with the alternator, still the wrong way solution, but if it works , then good enough I guess

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd March 2009 at 15:37.
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

I don't think muneem is saying that the sub is that power hungry. He was pointing out the flaw in his work. I've heard that car, i must say, i feel bad for the owner. He has spent a lot of cash on it, and was pathetic to say the least.I heard that he took it somewhere else later.
Old 3rd March 2009, 16:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I don't think muneem is saying that the sub is that power hungry. He was pointing out the flaw in his work.
I dont think the sub is that power hungry either, And i know it was probably a wiring problem. Its just that I'm not sure if the solution the other installer did was the right one ( i think it just cured the symptoms instead of the cause)

Quote:
I've heard that car, i must say, i feel bad for the owner. He has spent a lot of cash on it, and was pathetic to say the least.
Heh, I can empathize
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:01   #53
BANNED

I've had some good long audition sessions in that SX4. The sound isn't worthy of much praise. I felt it to be very much a waste of high end equipment. Sincerely, no mincing of words here.
The car had a big electrical issue after the ICE install. The owner had to leave the car at EndEffect for some months. Yet, it wasn't rectified. I dunno what happened to the car after I left Cochin in November.

The only thing good was the ever smiling and welcoming attitude towards all the customers. If that has failed now, then there's nothing attractive to take me there.

To conclude, the NEW ICE STATION AT KOCHI has turned out to be a major disappointment. :(
Old 3rd March 2009, 18:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Is the sub THAT power hungry?
Nope, W6 is JL's SQ sub... it is quite a manageable load. The excess current draw may have been due to a bad wiring or gains set too high (clipping)
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

there is a shop opp modern bread by the name of general motors. found them quite good. my friend recently installed hertz compos
cost about 4200. i usually go to that place for ice needs
Old 3rd March 2009, 21:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
To conclude, the NEW ICE STATION AT KOCHI has turned out to be a major disappointment. :(
R.I.P, EndEffect. In the End the Effect wasnt what we had hoped for.
Old 3rd March 2009, 22:10   #57
BHPian

Don't know how much power it required the W6 was 15" there were 2 JL Amplifiers one Monoblock(400 watts) and the other a 4 channel , the rear fill were Soundstream's Massive Co-axials and the front were a pair of JL components which sounded very much unimpressive for the price. The problem was when the car is in Idealing and the A/C and the Headlight was turned on and the Volume was near 25(Alpine 9887HU), after five minutes of playing the whole system shuts down ,there was a capacitor installed and it showed that the Alternator was pumping out 13.4V at idle which started dropping to 12,11.5, 10 with each bass note and when it went under 10V the whole system would shut down and the ABS and ECU light would also come up on the dash.

Every one of these problem was solved with the installation of the Safari alternator.

Don't know how to do the math for the current draw and don't remember the exact model numbers of all the components used so I guess we'll stop here.
Old 9th April 2009, 22:28   #58
BHPian

Who in Kerala would you suggest me to go for the below mentioned ICE setup in my CR-V.

Hertz HSK 165 (Front)
Hertz HCX 165 (Back)
Audison SRx1 (Amp)
Audison SRx4 (Amp)
Image Dynamics iD8v3 (x 02 Sub)
Connection Audison (Cables)
harman / kardon drive play 2

(Inspired form an Autopsyche CR-V setup)

Conditions : I dont care if the installer behaves to me like I am a beggar, I just needs the installation to be neat and clean. None of the car components (plastics) to be damaged. And they it shouldn't be a problem for them if i come in for an after installation tune-up.

And about empire.
I have been going there in for most of my auto needs, those guys treat me decently. Most of the people who i see coming there goes around the shop asking for price of all the things in the shop, its kind of annoying for the owner guy, so he shows his attitude to them. On the other hand, if you go in and say, "I need this", he comes to his feet and talk naturally.
Old 9th April 2009, 22:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrohead View Post
Who in Kerala would you suggest me to go for the below mentioned ICE setup in my CR-V.

Hertz HSK 165 (Front)
Hertz HCX 165 (Back)
Audison SRx1 (Amp)
Audison SRx4 (Amp)
Image Dynamics iD8v3 (x 02 Sub)
Connection Audison (Cables)
harman / kardon drive play 2

(Inspired form an Autopsyche CR-V setup)

Conditions : I dont care if the installer behaves to me like I am a beggar, I just needs the installation to be neat and clean. None of the car components (plastics) to be damaged. And they it shouldn't be a problem for them if i come in for an after installation tune-up.

And about empire.
I have been going there in for most of my auto needs, those guys treat me decently. Most of the people who i see coming there goes around the shop asking for price of all the things in the shop, its kind of annoying for the owner guy, so he shows his attitude to them. On the other hand, if you go in and say, "I need this", he comes to his feet and talk naturally.
Interesting..coz you even posted whom you should meet for this

I doubt about the availability of Hertz though.
Old 9th April 2009, 23:30   #60
BANNED

If you have all these things already, then contact Zuhemi @ Emperor. If not, first try and get the equipment.

Some Audison amps were in stock @ emperor. Get in touch with Anish there. They're the distributors for ID, so no issues in finding the sub.

Discuss with the installer about your requirements before hand to avoid any disappointments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks