Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2008, 10:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

New ICE Station in Kochi

I'm sure this sounds really funny coming from me, a self-confessed ICE Idiot.

Those living in Kerala would know how difficult it is to get get a new install done or to have someone troubleshoot your existing install. There is only one really good guy around and he is both busy and, well, quirky. Maybe he's just choosy.

So when I had issues with one of my speakers and wiring, I was wondering who to take it to when A S H V I N, the man about town, told me about this new setup. Its called "End Effect" and is at Pvtm to the right of the Renaissance.

The good news is that he's quite okay with working on sundays, off hours, after hours, and any time really. Its YOUR convenience that they offer to work to, not the other way around. It could be because they're new and are trying to build up business, but I really appreciate the fact that I can walk in and talk to the chaps about my problems without hesitation - however small they may be. In my case, my Front Right speakers werent working and the Rear Rights were squeaking. Simple, really - but he took time off on a Sunday night (after the D R I V E) to listen to the issues and to look into it first thing today.

I'm sitting at the place right now as I type this out and the chaps are inspecting all my wiring since 9 in the morning.

Here's a pic:

New ICE Station in Kochi-san_0534-medium.jpg
Old 16th June 2008, 11:21   #2
BHPian

lol, so was that why you were opening and closing your rear doors during the drive?

We thought you were trying to throw someone out
Old 16th June 2008, 11:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good to see new good installer in whole of India.

Same thing happened on the meet when Steerji was at delhi meet auditioning my car. It so happened the PXA started acting so the fault was loose connector which was rectified the next day.
Old 16th June 2008, 13:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

why arent there any good places in tvm yet :(
Old 16th June 2008, 13:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
... new setup. Its called "End Effect" and is at Pvtm to the right of the Renaissance.

The good news is that he's quite okay with working on sundays, off hours, after hours, and any time really. Its YOUR convenience that they offer to work to, not the other way around. It could be because they're new and are trying to build up business, but I really appreciate the fact that I can walk in and talk to the chaps about my problems without hesitation - however small they may be....
This is really good news. The simple fact that they seem to give importance to the install is a really good thing (not the usual scene in Kochi, with the exception of that other place).

The convenience of timings (esp. Sunday) is also as important. Good location too!

I wish them all the best. If they start doing damping jobs and do those well, they will have enough business to keep them busy for a very loooooong time to come.
Old 16th June 2008, 14:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I wish them all the best. If they start doing damping jobs and do those well, they will have enough business to keep them busy for a very loooooong time to come.
They do damping, fibre work, boxes, the works.
Old 19th June 2008, 16:25   #7
BANNED

Wow!!

Visited the place with Steeroid, Ishaan, KpZen/Getz, A S H V I N etc.. To simply put it, the boys running this place are amazing. They have good knowledge, experience and a very nice down to earth attitude.

They aren't stuck up with any certain brands or so. They will get almost everything you want and will do any job from wiring, designing, fibre glassing, MDF, you name it.
Although the chief installer has lots of good installs to his name, he is open to listen to customers' suggestions, ideas etc... which is just about everything you need in an installer. Once they are upto the job, then they finish it with the utmost proffessionalism and don't squeeze any kind of adjustments/rubbish into their work. The result, as I have already seen in some vehicles here is just brilliant!

I would recommend everybody in Kerala to consider a look at this place before settling down to their dream choice of ICE installation.

Some pics:

New ICE Station in Kochi-dscn5667-medium.jpg
Having a casual chat while the TRUCK is being worked upon.

New ICE Station in Kochi-dscn5661-medium.jpg
A typical ICE shop! But well maintained.

New ICE Station in Kochi-dscn5660-medium.jpg
This man is always CONNECTED!

New ICE Station in Kochi-dscn5663-medium.jpg
Jiggy has some presence here too!!!!
Old 19th June 2008, 16:44   #8
BHPian

Good to hear abt end effect. Normally i had to go to emperor but most of the times those folks were kept very busy !!.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:57   #9
BANNED

Car Pc

Guys
I am planning to setup a carpc and have already acquired the cabinet,hdd from iRide.I was planning to go to emperor but now I have a choice.Guys will you recommend them for Carpc installation? Also can they get me the 7in VGA display also? I had planned to order that from iRide...
Cheers
Old 20th June 2008, 16:34   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys will you recommend them for Carpc installation?
I will. Period!

Please go to EndEffect and discuss with him of your idea and needs. He will definitely help you. You can contact me if you need any assistance for that.
Old 20th June 2008, 23:33   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I will. Period!

Please go to EndEffect and discuss with him of your idea and needs. He will definitely help you. You can contact me if you need any assistance for that.
Thanks Zak....Will definitely contact you....
Cheers
Dilip
Old 21st June 2008, 08:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

The man to meet at End Effect is Rayeez... He's the one whos got the ideas and does the work. They are a group of guys who used to work in Blore and now setup their own station here...

Check out their album at the shop cuz they've done some awesome fibreglass installs in EKM. And yeah they deal with alloys (MOMO, Lenso, HR etc..) and ICE (JL Audio, Polk, Kicker, MTX etc...)
Old 21st June 2008, 09:02   #13
BHPian

hmm.... I too have personally seen and auditioned one Lancer done by them! Well... everything is perfect when compared with the available lot done by others!! Both awesome and trendy!!!

Those who go there ask bout thier demo car, an endeavor, neatly done by them!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 21st June 2008 at 09:04.
Old 21st June 2008, 09:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Here's a pic of an install, and thats Rayeez..
Attached Thumbnails
New ICE Station in Kochi-1.jpg  

Old 21st June 2008, 11:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Is that a 12 inch pioneer 5000 watts SPL sub woofer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks