Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 23:13   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Phase 1 should be find an installer who is capable. A bad install can make a mess of good components. Flying Bong is from Calcutta I wold PM him.
Exactly Navinji.In my honest opinion,that is a prime requisite for setting up a nice cool ICE.The attitude and unprofessional approach of installers here in kolkata is giving me sleepless nights,especially with issues of wire splicing and cutting,etc. Making a nice component speaker to fit in the front doors,they sound even more worried than I am

I had pair of Pioneer 6x9s in rear parcel shelf,pair of Pioneer 4'' underneath the dash and Pioneer HU in my older car with miles of wiring for over 5 years.Never once I was worried.Now the more I read and more I learn,the more apprehensive I have become!

Havent seen Flying Bong around for sometime.Is he in any particular section?

Thanks again.
Old 20th June 2008, 09:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Flying Bong is from Calcutta I wold PM him.
I think FB is from Delhi, AFAIK
Old 20th June 2008, 14:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Flying Bong is from Calcutta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Havent seen Flying Bong around for sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I think FB is from Delhi, AFAIK
Wow there's more mystery surrounding FB than the Incredible Monkey Man. Flying Bong, is a Bong, so obviously he is originally from Calcutta, like we are all originally from Africa. But because he can fly, he flew to Delhi and can be seen against the Delhi skyline every now and then.
Old 20th June 2008, 23:47   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Wow there's more mystery surrounding FB than the Incredible Monkey Man.
I thought we solved that dilema some time ago. We'll let FB say where he is from.
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Am still in search of a good installer, please. Gurus help me out. Navinji, did you pm him? I did pm him couple of days back, still no response. Maybe he is busy.
Another weekend went by, and am still stuck at square one!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2008 at 02:39. Reason: Post edited. Please use spaces after punctuation to ease readability.
Old 24th June 2008, 00:05   #21
BHPian

Have you spoken to the person who installed the ICE in your previous car? Sometimes a known devil may be better than an unknown one! With specific instuctions from the TBHP ICE gurus, you could get him to do a decent job in the end.
By the way, have you decided on what you want to install? I don't mean brands. Is it going to be HU + front components or HU + front components + amp or HU + front components + amp + sub or HU + front components + amp + sub + rear fill?

Last edited by nura : 24th June 2008 at 00:07.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:19   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navinji, did you pm him?
No I did not. I did not know you expected me to. I guess he is busy and in that case even PMs wont be read. Why not PM others from Calcutta.

BTW I am notorious for being poor at email and PM. I still write letters longhand. I dont know but I like the feel of a fountain-pen on cotton bond paper.
Old 25th June 2008, 11:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
No I did not. I did not know you expected me to.
I thought you Did.Just see-->
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Have you spoken to the person who installed the ICE in your previous car? Sometimes a known devil may be better than an unknown one! With specific instuctions from the TBHP ICE gurus, you could get him to do a decent job in the end.
By the way, have you decided on what you want to install? I don't mean brands. Is it going to be HU + front components or HU + front components + amp or HU + front components + amp + sub or HU + front components + amp + sub + rear fill?
That was a cool idea nura.Actually I did visit the same store who had ICE'ed my previous car.The installer is nice guy and he knows his job well.But this time the problem is the store owner!!He is quoting way-above prices and his attitude is kinda 'take it or leave it'. He said price of Pioneer HU DEH-4050 is Rs 6800.Even the 5050 costs less than that!His prices are without B&W also.
Last time when I ICE'ed my car,I was not so well informed.Now,after going through pages of T-Bhp,I am kinda more confused.

Am a bit skeptical as fitting components in the front would mean re-doing front door panels,etc.If someone can do that and with conviction as well as an assurance that it would be problem free,I would do it.Otherwise am in two-minds about components in the front.

Actually,what I need is some real nice ICE demos,and then advice of kolkata gurus on installer so that I can approach him and give him an idea of what I want.Till then am just 'holding on'.

I want an HU and front compos first stage.
2nd stage would be coaxials in the rear and 4 channel amp.
3rd is Monoblock with a thumping sub.

My choices amongst HUs are Pio 4050 or 5050.
Front components-JBL 607s.
Rear yet to decide whether it would be doors or rear MDF tray with 6x9 coaxials.
Amp and sub yet to decide(Here I need help from Gurus again).
Old 25th June 2008, 12:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought you Did.Just see-->
ultimatechampu, he meant (if he was you) he would PM Flying Bong. Which is redundant anyways cuz FB is based in Delhi, not Kol.
Old 27th June 2008, 13:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
ultimatechampu, he meant (if he was you) he would PM Flying Bong. Which is redundant anyways cuz FB is based in Delhi, not Kol.
bad bad gunbir !!
Old 27th June 2008, 23:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amangujral06 View Post
bad bad gunbir !!

Although I cant agree more on that!!

By the way Gurus,what about some help here?
Old 28th June 2008, 02:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amangujral06 View Post
bad bad gunbir !!
Quote:
Although I cant agree more on that!!
Oh cmon guys, that was a typo... please don't read into it.
Old 28th June 2008, 08:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Have you shortlisted any Amps/Subs? You could go with a full JBL setup.

But then, as you said, hold on till you hear some setups. Keep an eye on the Kolkata Juy Meet thread. Join in. You could hear some installs there.
Old 29th June 2008, 11:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Have you shortlisted any Amps/Subs? You could go with a full JBL setup.

But then, as you said, hold on till you hear some setups. Keep an eye on the Kolkata Juy Meet thread. Join in. You could hear some installs there.

I am yet to shortlist any amps or subs shuvc.I would love to have a full JBL set up as you said.But need help from gurus about amp and sub.Had a long talk with my old installer yesterday.He suggested that I use my HU for the 2 front compos and rear coaxials,and power the sub(he is insisting on the 12" JBL bass tube ( he says he will give it to me for Rs 5500 althought the MRP is more !) from a ( hold your breath ! ) sony 2 channel amp cause he says sony amps go better with JBL speakers than JBL amp ( JBL GTO 75.4 )!! My plan is front door components ( the JBL 607s ),but having a trying time to convince him about the fitting on front door.By the way,can somebody guide me that whether the crossover needs to be fitted as close to the woofers or it doesnt matter? He is asking Rs 5500 for JBL 607s,Rs 3200 for JBL 937s and Rs 6800 for the Pioneer DEH-4050 with JBL wires !! Where does Twister,Monster,Audison come in then ??

At the moment am going through the Kolkata July meet thread.That would be a really nice chance I guess.

Thanks a ton shuvc.
Old 29th June 2008, 13:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to shortlist any amps or subs shuvc.I would love to have a full JBL set up as you said.But need help from gurus about amp and sub.Had a long talk with my old installer yesterday.He suggested that I use my HU for the 2 front compos and rear coaxials,and power the sub(he is insisting on the 12" JBL bass tube ( he says he will give it to me for Rs 5500 althought the MRP is more !) from a ( hold your breath ! ) sony 2 channel amp cause he says sony amps go better with JBL speakers than JBL amp ( JBL GTO 75.4 )!! My plan is front door components ( the JBL 607s ),but having a trying time to convince him about the fitting on front door.By the way,can somebody guide me that whether the crossover needs to be fitted as close to the woofers or it doesnt matter? He is asking Rs 5500 for JBL 607s,Rs 3200 for JBL 937s and Rs 6800 for the Pioneer DEH-4050 with JBL wires !! Where does Twister,Monster,Audison come in then ??

At the moment am going through the Kolkata July meet thread.That would be a really nice chance I guess.

Thanks a ton shuvc.
Afaik, having the crossover near the speakers doesnt effect. My crossover is almost behind my speaker in my zen. And i got my JBL607 components for 5.2k with B&W. So I think, you can try to hit it with more discount as he is an old known installer to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks