Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 22:24   #1
BHPian

ICE for Verna SX

I have already ordered verna CDRi SX ..

I dont have much of a budget rite now.. but still i wanna know sumthing..

1. Does the verna come with an amp? (if not then how the speakers are powered).
2. A dealer is taking back the kenwood HU for 7k. SO i am thinkng of buying the pioneer FH-P8000BT HU.. Is it a wise choice? and how much would it cost?
3. Can i attach a subwoofer/woofer to the verna w/? with the base setup.(kenwood HU and base speakers)..

If i buy the pioneer HU .. would i need to buy an amp?? wont it be lyk just removing kenwood HU n puttin in the pioneer!!

and sub-woofer.. can it be added with the base setup..
Old 19th June 2008, 00:13   #2
BHPian

Verna ICE

Hey great choice with the car, the engine is a real gem. When is she getting being handed over to you ? Coming to your queries, 1. No, the Verna doesn't come with an amp. Each Head Unit has a small inbuilt amp, enough for everyday non-critical listening. 2. While i don't know the model number of the Kenwood head unit or the features on offer, 7K seems a good offer to consider. The Pioneer Head Unit in question as per the website itself should be available for around 12 to 5k. As per the availability, you'll have to check with fellow members who'll be able to guide you further. 3. A sub woofer cannot be run without an amp, for the amp circuit on the Head Unit is too weak for such applications. So an amplifier is inevitable if you choose to go in for a sub woofer. 4. What i'd suggest is a 4-channel amp, wherein two channels power the front speakers and the remaining two are combined and used to power a sub-woofer. As for the options, decide on a budget first, listen to set-ups of our fellow Bhpians and then based on your musical tastes (desire) and your budget (feasibility), make your decisions. Cheers my friend and welcome aboard the funkiest section on T-Bhp, where the fun and games never stop. __________________

Last edited by St. Anger : 19th June 2008 at 00:17. Reason: Incorrect formatting
Old 19th June 2008, 00:31   #3
BHPian

Hey Sukh,

While Gurus see this and answer you with best solution, go through these threads 1)http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html 2) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...hat-price.html. It will give you an idea about good/recommended ways of systems in different budget range. Also it would be good if you can write in detail the following (will help gurus to answer you with suitable equipments)

1.Your car (Verna)
2.Your existing setup (HU model, speakers, their size, type - components or co-axials, etc)
3.Your max budget (keep this in mind that cables, damping, install etc should also cost a bit)
4.Your preference of music
5.Are you willing to sacrifice/take some space in boot (mostly for sub)

Last edited by redfire : 19th June 2008 at 00:49.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:21   #4
BHPian

The car will be here by 25 june.
1. Okay so the pioneer FH-P8000BT also has an amp which wil atleast power the 2 front and rear speakers? rite?
2. How much would an amp cost. (I love bass.. )..
3. do the base 4 speakers give good quality at high volumes or the voice cracks.. if the voice cracks then ill buy 2 pairs of speakers also..
4. Sub woofer... Which one to go for or lets say 2 sub woofers as i love Bass.. again the best VFM..

I can spend around 10k every month on the ICE. so for this month (june) ill get eh HU 15k - 7k(exchange) = 8k (some installation)

next month ill get an amp (of about 10k)(whihc one?) and plus 2 subwoofer(LOVE BASS) (whichones?)

can any verna owner tell me how are the stock speakers????
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
Hey great choice with the car, the engine is a real gem. When is she getting being handed over to you ? Coming to your queries, 1. No, the Verna doesn't come with an amp. Each Head Unit has a small inbuilt amp, enough for everyday non-critical listening. 2. While i don't know the model number of the Kenwood head unit or the features on offer, 7K seems a good offer to consider. The Pioneer Head Unit in question as per the website itself should be available for around 12 to 5k. As per the availability, you'll have to check with fellow members who'll be able to guide you further. 3. A sub woofer cannot be run without an amp, for the amp circuit on the Head Unit is too weak for such applications. So an amplifier is inevitable if you choose to go in for a sub woofer. 4. What i'd suggest is a 4-channel amp, wherein two channels power the front speakers and the remaining two are combined and used to power a sub-woofer. As for the options, decide on a budget first, listen to set-ups of our fellow Bhpians and then based on your musical tastes (desire) and your budget (feasibility), make your decisions. Cheers my friend and welcome aboard the funkiest section on T-Bhp, where the fun and games never stop. __________________

Last edited by sukhusukhu : 19th June 2008 at 14:30.
Old 19th June 2008, 22:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhusukhu View Post
I can spend around 10k every month on the ICE. so for this month (june) ill get eh HU 15k - 7k(exchange) = 8k (some installation)

next month ill get an amp (of about 10k)(whihc one?) and plus 2 subwoofer(LOVE BASS) (whichones?)
If you can spend 10K per month....
Month 1: Get HU
Month 2: Get 4 ch. amp (7K) for sub and front speakers and 2 pair RCA wire (3K)
Month 3: Get sub (6K) and damping for front doors (4K)
Month 4: Get components (8.5K) for the front + 1 pair RC (1.5K) wire to use next month
Month 5: Get monoblock for sub (10K) and use free channels from 4 ch. amp to power rear speakers
Old 20th June 2008, 14:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhusukhu View Post
can any verna owner tell me how are the stock speakers????
Stock speakers are quite average. Fronts are 6.5" and Rears are 6x9.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks