Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 08:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
Here is another addition in the league.

The Polks.Starting from the fronts. DB401
Nitin, how much did you pick these up for...
Old 27th June 2008, 09:13   #17
nitin.dangayach

I paid close to 78 dollars for them.

Could not find anything better in 4" range. (O cummon! to whom I am telling this. He knows a lot more than me)

Old 27th June 2008, 09:21   #18
nitin.dangayach

OT: Gunbir, Could you please let me know your location ? If I am not wrong, I guess you are from Gurgaon.

I might need your help to install my system in my alto.

I have already bought everything. I'll post everything in this thread as and when the shipments arrive.

Old 28th June 2008, 01:01   #19
nitin.dangayach

And here comes the Big Daddy. Polk Audio DB691.

[COLOR=#810081]http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/db691/[/COLOR]

ICE components for my ALTO, bought from the US-db691.jpg

And I bought this one ...aise hi.
ICE components for my ALTO, bought from the US-turtlewax.jpg

Old 2nd July 2008, 16:03   #20
BHPian

Hey nitin,

Nice Spekers. Do post the step by step installation pics. Cant wait to see them.
A simple querry to all the gurus from this ignorant newbie:

I got this sony HU in my getz: CDX-GT470U

But the spealers are not that good. As had to install those only as couldnt get better speakers than those at my hometown. I got all four 6'' speakers front as well as rear doors which I feel is not doing justice with the Head Unit.
Kindly suggest how an amplifier would help me in improving the quality of the sound. I am not even sure wheather to go for a 2 channel amplifier or a 4 channel and which brand.

regards,

Raj
Old 14th July 2008, 17:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Here is another addition in the league.

The Polks.

Starting from the fronts.

DB401
db401 Car Audio Speaker from Polk Audio

Attachment 24535
boss it seems it would be problem fitting these co-ax's to the alto stock location..
as far as i remember, the alto has a very cramped bay and 2 of the 4 the holders in the speakers where we put screws to mount em in the dash have to be folded or broken off. but it seems a difficult task looking at the square shape of this co-ax.. what say experts?
Old 14th July 2008, 18:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Cyclops bhai, without pics and dimensions it is difficult to say for sure! Care to elaborate with pics and dimensions?
Old 15th July 2008, 20:55   #23
nitin.dangayach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
boss it seems it would be problem fitting these co-ax's to the alto stock location..
as far as i remember, the alto has a very cramped bay and 2 of the 4 the holders in the speakers where we put screws to mount em in the dash have to be folded or broken off. but it seems a difficult task looking at the square shape of this co-ax.. what say experts?
I am still not sure. Am little short of money so haven't bought the car yet :P

But I must admit that even I think that I'll have to bend two of the four screw holes to accomodate the speakers. But I am fine with it as long as they go into the dash.

I would seriously repent buying these 4 inchers if they do not fit the stock space provided. I could have got 5.25" components for the doors in a little more price.

Old 16th July 2008, 10:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@Cyclops bhai, without pics and dimensions it is difficult to say for sure! Care to elaborate with pics and dimensions?
Arey sirjee i was referring to the picture in post#15
when I had installed GT5-402 in the alto's stock location, the installer had folded 2 of 4 mounting brackets to fit it (check out the enclosed picture of GT5-402 for reference). In my case, the brackets were protruding from the cone, so it was easy, but looking at the polk 4 inchers, given their square shape, it seems a bit difficult..

whew, i hope i was able to explain my point, i dont have the pic of the alto install, that would've helped..

OT: Wow, I'm a BHPian now.! No need to wait for a moderator to review! :o)
Attached Thumbnails
ICE components for my ALTO, bought from the US-17839.jpg  

Last edited by cyclops : 16th July 2008 at 11:00.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I am still not sure. Am little short of money so haven't bought the car yet :P

But I must admit that even I think that I'll have to bend two of the four screw holes to accomodate the speakers. But I am fine with it as long as they go into the dash.

I would seriously repent buying these 4 inchers if they do not fit the stock space provided. I could have got 5.25" components for the doors in a little more price.
Dont worry, they wont be unusable in alto. They can be fitted, but it will require some cutting of the speaker edges i guess..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks