Team-BHP - Buying Car unit from abroad okay?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Buying Car unit from abroad okay? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/4142-buying-car-unit-abroad-okay.html)

Hi friends,

I am currently in europe and soon be reutrning to aamchi mumbai and pune...on the car side I am thinking of Alto or Zen.

I am just wondering if I can buy a music system here? Will there be any difference in specs voltages etc?

Are there any things that I must check in Technical specifications?

I am thinking of CD/MP3 head unit

Please help me :)

not a problem, however i can bet u will get unofficial stuff cheaper here! what brand r u lookin for exactly? how much they costing. thoda details to to bhaiya :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerno1
not a problem, however i can bet u will get unofficial stuff cheaper here! what brand r u lookin for exactly? how much they costing. thoda details to to bhaiya :p

these are my next questions :D give me some advice on this too :)

hey it all depends on how much u want to spend...you have to give us a budget so that we can help you out with the best that you can get in that budget...cheers...!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragger
hey it all depends on how much u want to spend...you have to give us a budget so that we can help you out with the best that you can get in that budget...cheers...!

rightly said dragger, it all depends on ur pockets. give us a budget & atleast some idea on the brand u lookin for!

I want to spent minimum :D and looking for good MP3/CD Player. I went thro sony india site and was thinking of CDX F5500x that will also give you idea on my budget ;)

Hey Pingme,

Its not a problem to get a system from abroad. Everything is pretty much universal.

Just make sure you are getting a good price!
I bought my MP3 cd player online in the states and got an awesome deal!

FYI - i believe customs isnt allowed to hassle you if the worth of your goods is less than 12k INR.

cya
R

I got my Jeep single cd player from the States too - dirt cheap. 18 months up without a single issue. The wiring and all is pretty standardised.

The only thing you have to watch out for is the FM frequency range from country to country.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey Pingme,

Its not a problem to get a system from abroad. Everything is pretty much universal.

Just make sure you are getting a good price!
I bought my MP3 cd player online in the states and got an awesome deal!

FYI - i believe customs isnt allowed to hassle you if the worth of your goods is less than 12k INR.

cya
R

Conversely a MP3 CD player bought in India should also work in US right? might sound silly but I've an extra one lying at home, thats why.
cheers,
Rai

Yessir,

Although GTO brings up a point i had forgotten to mention. FM frequencies will go in different steps so you might never get the "perfect" tuning on some stations.

cya
R

hey what rehaan said may just be the issue but you can even get that sorted over here...well besides that i would advise you to spend a little more and buy quality so i am sure a alpine head unit would do the trick for you..i mean sumthin like a 9827,9830,9833..amazing performance..and polk mom speakers and components..would sound class..you can use an alpine amp to drive the entire setup..to max performance...cheers...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingme
Hi friends,

I am currently in europe and soon be reutrning to aamchi mumbai and pune...on the car side I am thinking of Alto or Zen.

I am just wondering if I can buy a music system here? Will there be any difference in specs voltages etc?

Are there any things that I must check in Technical specifications?

I am thinking of CD/MP3 head unit

Please help me :)

Well I was about to write the same stuff as I am in the same situation.

I was hunting for Sony CDX-F5500, CDX-R3300 and Panasonic DEH-5650. I managed to find out all 3 models but I believe Europe is way costly when it comes to Electronic items. I don't see any cost benefit of buying a car audio system here.

Anyway would like to know if my choice is OK? I haven't really done any research on Alpine yet.

The car I am aiming for is Petra/Petra/Petra/Petra/Petra/Petra/..../Indigo. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan

As far as I know the limit is 25K if your stay outside India is more than 3 days. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz
As far as I know the limit is 25K if your stay outside India is more than 3 days. Correct me if I am wrong.

u are right it is 25k agree: