Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 23:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3g0l4s View Post

But a new problem has arised .. I get this static/hissing sound whoch is very evident at low volumes which is really annoying ! What could the problem be ? Is it because i messed up with the controls ? And could someone please tell me on what effect do these controls have i.e.
1). Input level
2). X-over- HPF / Flat / LPF
3). Frequency

As in what effect do these controls have over the sound ?

Thanx again folks
If its awhining hiss which increases with throttle, then this is a common thing, check if the power wires and RC wires have been routed from the same side of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
The steering controls dont work.
The steering controls can work, that happens with some changes on the Aftermarket HEad unit, we had got a Corolla steering volume controls to work on a Pioneer DVD player once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Even I am not happy with the sound and I am planning to change the speakers without changing the head unit. Your hard work will definitely help the fellow bhpians having SX4/Dzire who wants to have good quality without changing the HU.

Please keep us posted. Also list down the cost of each component spent.
You don't really need a Dash kit for the Swift Dzire / ZXi,
there are 2 solutions, the centre dash unit from a VXI/LXI can be bought and placed instead of the SO called OE unit,
OR
a Fiberglass unit can be fabricated in case of non availability.
Attached Thumbnails
sx4 jbl'fied but shrilly output HELP !!-0515_2206282.jpg  

Old 25th June 2008, 01:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
Ok Buddy,

Now this hissing sound is again because of the HU. That’s some of the main characteristics of "The Nippon HU"
Lolzz .. Time for a new Head Unit !

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
If its awhining hiss which increases with throttle, then this is a common thing, check if the power wires and RC wires have been routed from the same side of the car.

You don't really need a Dash kit for the Swift Dzire / ZXi,
there are 2 solutions, the centre dash unit from a VXI/LXI can be bought and placed instead of the SO called OE unit,
OR
a Fiberglass unit can be fabricated in case of non availability.
No sir , they have been routed from the either sides of the car seperately . And the way an after market HU has been installed looks impressive actually .. Will probably get a new head unit then ....
Old 25th June 2008, 01:32   #33
BANNED

Where are you getting all these things installed? I would first take my car to a good installer and get things right if I'm not sure what to do/what's wrong.

Check out some different head units and if possible, listen to it before you settle for one.
Old 25th June 2008, 09:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Where are you getting all these things installed? I would first take my car to a good installer and get things right if I'm not sure what to do/what's wrong.

Check out some different head units and if possible, listen to it before you settle for one.
Got the amp fixed at sprocket hyderabad actually .. Will take the car back to sprocket and try to get it fixed .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks