Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 17:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Sam Bhai, sorry for going off topic and while I am telling you his, I must admit that I have not seen any JBL product carton (packaging) in real life, but I feel that the cartons look too cheap and not worthy of JBL. Can't the packaging be made a little more upmarket (asthetically)? Even the original JBL packaging makes it look like Dilli Wallah D-Maal!
Very surprising indeed. Are you sure your opinion is not based on the packaging of the fake wiring kits et al.

As a self taught student of graphic design, I think JBL packaging (design / aesthetics) rocks. JBL has always paid attention to graphic design and it shows.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:55   #17
BHPian

Naah Gunnu Paaji, I was referring to the packaging based on the pictures posted by fiery in the first post. I was specifically referring to the way www.jbl. com is printed on the boxes. But as Sam bhai pointed out, it may be due to the fact that I have never seen a JPL product in its packaging in real life. Moreover, as you also mentioned, its probably my illusion. I will see if I can go to some shop and then I will post my opinion.

Last edited by SumitB : 24th June 2008 at 17:58.
Old 24th June 2008, 18:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Naah Gunnu Paaji, I was referring to the packaging based on the pictures posted by fiery in the first post.
I think I understand what you're saying. You have to understand, these are VFM products and the manufacturer has priorities. Do see the products in real life and you will agree that the design is very nice, and the build quality of the packaging achieves what is expected of it at this price point.
Old 24th June 2008, 19:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation for your JBLeism !!!

Congratulations for JBLeism your 800. Installations looking nice. I have few questions for you as well as for experts

1. Do 800 battery supports this kind of ICE installation? Since, powerful sub and Amp are in place so it must be drawing more power, specifically during night time when headlights switched on. I can see stock battery capacity is 35Ah for 800.

2. Did you provision for removing sub temporarily, when you need boot space?
Old 24th June 2008, 20:01   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Congratulations for JBLeism your 800. Installations looking nice. I have few questions for you as well as for experts

1. Do 800 battery supports this kind of ICE installation? Since, powerful sub and Amp are in place so it must be drawing more power, specifically during night time when headlights switched on. I can see stock battery capacity is 35Ah for 800.
Yes it is absolutely no problem. Do not forget that the ideal condition to run this system is with the engine running, where the charge is greater than the drain.
Old 24th June 2008, 22:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
dont you think 6" comps in the front door of a M800 is kind of an overkill ?
BTW, how do they sound ? You are yet to say that.
Not at all. I did have concerns on whether it will be possible to fit a 6'', howvere the installation guys did a pretty good job. I think the 6" vocals mixes perfectly with the bass from the sub. If you are asking how the components alone sound, I did not not feel a exceptional musical experience (maybe because i started with high expectations with all that I have read). Having said that I feel the 6" and the sub compliment each other really well.

Quote:
I feel that the cartons look too cheap and not worthy of JBL. Can't the packaging be made a little more upmarket (asthetically)? Even the original JBL packaging makes it look like Dilli Wallah D-Maal!
Sumitji, I actually thought the packaging was good looking compared to many other brands and remember GT5 is supposed to be the 'budget' line of JBL.

Quote:
@Fiery: Sorry buddy, I thought I had complimented you before I went Off Topic. Your 800 surely rocks now. Its all about passion and your passion for music and your love for your vehicle is very evident.
Thanks a lot Sumit, I'm actually wondering why I waited so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

2. Did you provision for removing sub temporarily, when you need boot space?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Yes it is absolutely no problem. Do not forget that the ideal condition to run this system is with the engine running, where the charge is greater than the drain.
1) Probably. Hence I'm only running it when the engine is on.

2) Yes the sub is removable. I doubt I will be doing that though. I believe even with the Sub gone, the 800 boot space is not going to be of great use.

@ Sam: Absolutely. Now I have a question. The amp is placed below the front passenger seat and on prologed running will there be a problem with the amp not getting anough air circulation to cool off?
Old 25th June 2008, 01:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Great setup man. Where did you get it done?

What about the sub box? Readymade or custom made?
Thanks, I bought the Sub from Nitrous, I think it is custom made.
Old 25th June 2008, 12:06   #23
BANNED

Sam one more doubt about ohms of subs sold in india from JBL, they are 4 or 2ohms?I am including all subs used in car.
Old 25th June 2008, 21:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

hey dude,
I JBLfied my 800 a few weeks back , comps, woofer and the works. You can read my post on it. I think the 6.5 inch components make superb music, and in fact the sound has opened up even better after some time. The setup rocks like nobody's business, and no the comps are not an overkill for an 800. So enjoy ur music.
Sam bhai, you were supposed to check my system out when you come down to Bangalore. I assume you havent come down since last month. Do let me know when you would be down, I think youll feel proud of what your organization has done to my humble 800
Old 25th June 2008, 22:40   #25
BHPian

Congrats on your install brother...how much did you spend excluding the HU
Old 25th June 2008, 23:36   #26
BHPian

@arin: Thanks.

@Shrey: Excluding HU my expense was 17,000.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see you're enjoying your ICE. More than glad to be of help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FE
Thanks, I bought the Sub from Nitrous, I think it is custom made.
Yeah,right. I made that sub out of plastic, rubber, metal and magnet. Im a Woofer-smith. Lol
To clear the confusion, I just gave my compact subwoofer enclosure.
The Sub is the new GT-5 12.
Old 27th June 2008, 18:41   #28
BHPian

Congrats on your install.And how is it sounding without damping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Excluding HU my expense was 17,000.
Are the prices with B/W?
Old 27th June 2008, 23:26   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Yeah,right. I made that sub out of plastic, rubber, metal and magnet. Im a Woofer-smith. Lol
To clear the confusion, I just gave my compact subwoofer enclosure.
The Sub is the new GT-5 12.
Come on man, I meant the box. Some one had asked about it. sheesh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingbhat View Post
Congrats on your install.And how is it sounding without damping?

Are the prices with B/W?

I have never heard music in a car that has been damped. So I would not be able to answer that.

Nope, they are without Bill and Warranty.
Old 28th June 2008, 00:19   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Sam one more doubt about ohms of subs sold in india from JBL, they are 4 or 2ohms?I am including all subs used in car.
All 4 ohms. The twin sub boxes are 2 ohms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
hey dude,
Sam bhai, you were supposed to check my system out when you come down to Bangalore. I assume you havent come down since last month. Do let me know when you would be down, I think youll feel proud of what your organization has done to my humble 800
You are right, I haven't come down. I will and I will listen. Enjoy

Most Viewed