Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2005, 14:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

How to install music system w/o violating warranty?

I am planning to replace my casette player with a pioneer mp3 player in my 1 year old maruti wagonr car.
Now none of the MGA outlets have Pioneer 5650 systems. So my only option is to get it installed from outside.

So here is my big problem:
The maruti guys have virtually threatened me that if i get a music system installed from outside, that will void the warranty of electrical components. They say that only Maruti standard cable should be used whilst installing a music system, and none of the outside music system dealers are aware of any such thing...
Why does this problem occur only in Maruti cars..??.. any idea??..
Any BHP-ian here who has brought a new Maruti and faced a similar situation?..
What should i do?.. its so very frustrating to listen fo that stupid kenwood 2 speaker system... i want to upgrade.... but how...
Old 25th February 2005, 14:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

That's what they say to scare you. Is there anything in writing ? In the event of a dispute, am sure you can ask them to prove that the head unit damaged your alternator ?

Ask them for the specification of the "standard" cable. End of the day, t is a simple Maruti not a BMW with electronic trickery.

Anyway your car is past the warranty, so stick a finger up at them
Old 25th February 2005, 15:14   #3
BHPian

My friend had Ford Ikon and its same problem! As per the dealers the watuntee of vehicles goes away if you "alter" anything in the product ouside authorised service stations.

I do not think any thing wrong in this. Its true for "any" product under waruntee
Old 25th February 2005, 17:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Anyway your car is past the warranty, so stick a finger up at them
yup.. but i think my car had extended warranty for one more yr... anyways... just keeping my fingers crossed.. and going for it...
Old 25th February 2005, 18:31   #5
BHPian

Guys,

As long as manufactureser is not giving it as part of CAR, he can't do anything about it. U can always take them to court.
Old 25th February 2005, 18:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupriyam
Guys,

As long as manufactureser is not giving it as part of CAR, he can't do anything about it. U can always take them to court.
For what?

If the product is under waruntee, check the Waruntee Terms of Conditions. Most probably it will written that car must be serviced maintained at authorised service centers and any alteration maintainance done by un-authorised personal can break your waruntee agreement...

Read the fine print
Old 25th February 2005, 21:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey dcite,

u just planning to replace ur head unit?? then y the worry just go and do it ! it will consume the same amount of power i guess - no sweat there !

if u going with the speakers , amp , sub - the works - still do it maan . nuthin major is going to happen to ur car . u r only getting speakers attached .

well as for the maruti specific cables - ask the dealer what the specifications are - chances are he too wont be aware ! he mite just be repeating the stuff to sell his wares !

just go and get the audio install u want - nuthing serious is gonna happen to ur electricals that u will have to go and get it repaired under warranty !

same thing happened to me when i was buying the ikon - i asked the dealer to remove the system and he paid me 12 grand for that. installed an system from outside - 2 years down the line have faced not a single problem !

cheers
Old 26th February 2005, 00:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

i got a baleno and the same thing happened.

it's always safer to let the maruti guys install, just in case.

what i did, and you can do, is buy the system outside, and give it to them to install. if you're not satisfied with the sound, ask the sound guy to take a look at it.

the 5650 works brilliantly for me.

cheers

viper
Old 26th February 2005, 02:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

May be Im just off topic,,but listen to me guys...BUY ANY SONY CAR AUDIO EQUIPMENT BUT NOT THE HEAD UNIT.Speakers, subs, amps anything but not the Xplod head unit.There are hell lotsa complaints bout the same regardless of which model it is. Xplod head units-No No!!!Pioner rules.
Old 26th February 2005, 03:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

not only head units, their rear speakers are pretty awful too.
Old 26th February 2005, 03:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
i got a baleno and the same thing happened.

it's always safer to let the maruti guys install, just in case.

what i did, and you can do, is buy the system outside, and give it to them to install. if you're not satisfied with the sound, ask the sound guy to take a look at it.

the 5650 works brilliantly for me.

cheers

viper
thats the best option u got.

& Wolf is right 'bout the sony Head Units. Alpine & Pioneer rule the world in HUs
~cheers
Old 26th February 2005, 08:32   #12
Team-BHP Support

BTW - what does the Maruti handbook say re: warranties ?
Old 26th February 2005, 11:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well... i think the best option for me is as gamerno and v1pr said is to buy from outside and let the maruti guys install it....

off topic:.. i had a pioneer casette system in my old M800 (dont know which model it was, its got those equilizers and fader control, very popular.., and i got it installed from MGA,...it had a very good bass initially, but after about 1 1/2 years, the rear speakers started crackling... again sorry to say i dont know the model, they were oval shaped, and were installed in 6*9 boxes.. are pioneer speakers reliable..??.. do they start to produce crack sound after some use..?... even the Xplods on my friend's skoda have started crackling after 1 year..)..
Old 26th February 2005, 17:17   #14
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Pioneer speakers much better than Sony speakers IMO. Especially the 6990..thumping bass....even w/o amplifier! I'm sure v1p3r will agree with me here
Old 26th February 2005, 18:09   #15
BHPian

pioneer>sony. it all depends on the maintenance. & u gotto buy a 'made in malaysia' unit. NOT ANYTHING ELSE if ur goin for pioneer
~cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks