Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 09:47   #1
BHPian

Ipod to car stereo aux - trouble shooting

I bought the stereo cable and connected the ipod to my car stereo. Does switching the pod on is all that is required or do i have to do something else too? Please advice
Old 27th June 2008, 09:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

If it's a pioneer you need to turn the system off go to settings menu (by pressing function button for few seconds) then enable AUX. After that turn the system on and select source as AUX.

The above applies to a pioneer. It will be different depending on make of your stereo.
Old 27th June 2008, 09:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

1. connect ipod to HU via cable
2. switch ipod on and switch HU to "Aux in"
3. select song on ipod and hit play
4. slowly turn up volume control on HU
enjoy.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:10   #4
BHPian

Thank you folks.
I now know what went wrong - I dont know how to shift HU to Aux in.
Old 16th June 2011, 14:11   #5
BHPian

Re: Ipod to car stereo aux - trouble shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. connect ipod to HU via cable
2. switch ipod on and switch HU to "Aux in"
3. select song on ipod and hit play
4. slowly turn up volume control on HU
enjoy.
Hello Navin,

My dad owns a Skoda Fabia 1.6. When I plugged in my ipod via the aux-in port below the handbrake, I found that there is no button on the system to activate the AUX mode. A person working at the Skoda Accessories dept. in Europa Auto, Pune told me that while the Aux-in port is present, there is no provision on the music system to switch to Aux mode and listen to your iPod using the speakers. Is this true? because I found this fact unbelievable.

Rgds,
Indraneel Bhat
Old 16th June 2011, 16:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post
I found that there is no button on the system to activate the AUX mode. A person working at the Skoda Accessories dept. in Europa Auto, Pune told me that while the Aux-in port is present, there is no provision on the music system to switch to Aux mode and listen to your iPod using the speakers. Is this true? because I found this fact unbelievable.
I have not seen the Fabia 1.6 but I do think this is odd.
Old 17th June 2011, 13:58   #7
BHPian

Well, I don't know if this will work, but take a hint from the following. Go through the various menu options.

My Sony car system has as Aux in. When you press "Source:" it switches between CD, radio, aux-in. In the menu somewhere, there is an option to switch off the aux mode. If you do that, then Source button only switches between CD and radio.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

1. Is there a manual that came with the car?
2. If it is the usual OEM system integrated into the dash, one of the buttons will take you to that mode with multiple presses. Sometimes that button will not be labelled properly, but the manual will explain which button to press
3. If there is not manual, then you have to go on a 'discovery' expedition without fear - press all the buttons (once as well as 2 times in rapid succession) and check what effect it has on the system
Old 24th August 2011, 10:30   #9
BHPian

Tried connecting a Nokia 5800 xpress music phone aux out via 3.5mm jack to the Aux in for both a WagonR and ANHC. Output comes through on the car speakers but the sound is very feeble inspite of cranking up the knob. Any ideas?

And a Nokia 7230 with a built in 3.5mm slot doesnt work at all with AUX out.

I am using IAccy Auxillary Car Stereo Lead Cable by the way

Any help appreciated.
Old 24th August 2011, 10:45   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

^^

same problem here

I tried hooking a Creative Zen MP4 audio out to the aux in of my JVC KW-XC404 ; had to take the Creative volume to full and yet,the output from the HU+AMP was not satisfactory

The cable I used was supplied with another Transcend audio player;so quality is not suspect.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:25   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
Tried connecting a Nokia 5800 xpress music phone aux out via 3.5mm jack to the Aux in for both a WagonR and ANHC. Output comes through on the car speakers but the sound is very feeble inspite of cranking up the knob. Any ideas?

And a Nokia 7230 with a built in 3.5mm slot doesnt work at all with AUX out.
Headphone out is usally expecting a low impedance headphone while your Aux in is expecting a higher impedance. Hence there is an impednace mismatch which is why the signal from teh phone to the HU is not transfered efficiently.

THe 7230 for exmaple does not even have volume controls on the phone so maybe the volume level was too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I tried hooking a Creative Zen MP4 audio out to the aux in of my JVC KW-XC404 ; had to take the Creative volume to full and yet,the output from the HU+AMP was not satisfactory.
The 3.5mm jack is normally designed to be used with headphones.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 17:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Headphone out is usally expecting a low impedance headphone while your Aux in is expecting a higher impedance. Hence there is an impednace mismatch which is why the signal from teh phone to the HU is not transfered efficiently.

THe 7230 for exmaple does not even have volume controls on the phone so maybe the volume level was too low.

The 3.5mm jack is normally designed to be used with headphones.
Yes this seems to explain it. I will try aux with a portable CD player and see if it works.

Regarding impedance mismatch, is there any equipment to help boost up the impedance from the phones?
Old 25th August 2011, 09:50   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
Yes this seems to explain it. I will try aux with a portable CD player and see if it works.

Regarding impedance mismatch, is there any equipment to help boost up the impedance from the phones?
compare the line out signal vs the headphone out signal of the same player (if the player has both) and you will get a fair idea.

Such impedance transformers do exist but really I have not seen one for a very very long time (the only ones I see are the output transformers for home audio valve/tube amplifiers but these are not usable for this application).
Old 28th September 2015, 14:45   #14
BHPian

On my Skoda rapid till yesterday evening sound was coming when attaching ipod via usb port. Today ipod data is still being read and song playing but no sound coming from car speakers. Kindly help.

Speakers are working fine as aux & radio working.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
... ipod data is still being read and song playing but no sound coming from car speakers. Kindly help.

Speakers are working fine as aux & radio working.
How old is the iPod and the iPod connection cable?

Looks like is a cable or connector fault. Please disconnect and reconnect the cable. If it gets cured, the connection cable is at fault - change it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks