Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 15:28   #1
BHPian

Bull or JBL ?

Hello Gurus,

I am planning to upgrade the ICE in my Optra Magnum and currently doing some research on the speakers that I need to choose for my car ? Was planning for JBL but after going through several discussions on this forum, found that Bull Audio is also good. Any suggestions on which I should go in for ?

And anyone know of a dealer who sells Bull Audio in Bangalore where I can go and check out the speakers for myself ?

Thanks, Manjunath
Old 29th June 2008, 17:15   #2
BHPian

As a user of Bull audio, I would like to say the speakers have tremendous mid bass,vocals and tweeters are very eased out.Best VFM in its price range.

ps:an amp is recommended,else you will never get to hear their potential
Old 29th June 2008, 17:45   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Use your ears and decide. Go somewhere where you can hear both the products you want to buy and buy the one that sounds better to you.

That is the only best advice I can offer to you.
Old 29th June 2008, 18:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Sam, you decide for yourself, I have heard both the products but then my ears like some other kind of stuff, so depends upon you, afterall its your money and you have to hear it not me!!!!!

Budget is also important, JBL has many series in different price ranges, JBL has high end stuff as well!!!!
Old 29th June 2008, 18:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
As a user of Bull audio, I would like to say the speakers have tremendous mid bass,vocals and tweeters are very eased out.Best VFM in its price range.

ps:an amp is recommended,else you will never get to hear their potential

Totally agree with that. But as Sam said - it makes sense to hear out both & go for the one that YOU like.

Cheers
Old 29th June 2008, 21:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

are there any bangalore bhpians with bull stuff installed ?
Else pm gunbir. he should be able to point you to where you can get a listen
Old 30th June 2008, 07:58   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs folks.

But I don't know of a place where I could go and listen to the Bull Audio in Bangalore. I am desperately looking for help on this end. Especially a place where Bull and JBL are sold at the same place.

My budget would be more in the 20K range for the speakers and I am keeping aside about 10K for the damping. I do not plan to change my HU at the moment. I have a Sony MEX-BT2500 which is barely about 6 months old and it has a bluetooth module inbuild into its faceplate.

But coming back to the original point, I would be grateful for any information on the availability of Bull Audio in Bangalore.
Old 30th June 2008, 10:30   #8
BHPian

Havign heard BULL and JBL i would rate BULL to be much better and awesoem VFM.
IMO Bull is superior to Energy series of Hertz as well . If you are willing to spend 20K on the speakers you could also look at Rainbow ( Rainbow and Bull being from the same family ). Tremendous value for money. I think there entry level components start at 9-10K. ( awesoem stuff ).
Old 30th June 2008, 10:53   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
But I don't know of a place where I could go and listen to the Bull Audio in Bangalore.

My budget would be more in the 20K range for the speakers and I am keeping aside about 10K for the damping.
Anwar/Auto Fusion and Blauraven can do the damping and both stock atleast JBL. Infinity/JBL, Blaupunkt etc.. are better distributed than relatively smaller brands like Bull/Rainbow, Illusion, Ground Zero, DLS etc.. in fact some other less "mainstream" brands like Polk and Boston are also not as well distributed as JBL and Blaupunkt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Havign heard BULL and JBL i would rate BULL to be much better and awesoem VFM.
IMO Bull is superior to Energy series of Hertz as well . If you are willing to spend 20K on the speakers you could also look at Rainbow
in the 20K (for front components and rear coax) price range consider Infinty, Illusion, Boston, MB Quart, etc... but at this price range remember to listen before you buy. Very often something that your friend likes may not be what you like.

If you are adventurous you can attempt to make minor modifications to the flavour of the sound by tinkering with the crossover components.
Old 1st July 2008, 07:42   #10
BHPian

Got to know that Ebbass (Ebbass.com) stocks Bull and Rainbow in Bangalore. Will check them out this weekend.
Old 1st July 2008, 07:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Anwar/Auto Fusion and Blauraven can do the damping and both stock atleast JBL.

Yes I am planning to get the ICE upgrade done through Anwar preferably. I have got quite a good feedback through this forum and have also seen Anwar's work in my friend's Civic. Very impressive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks