Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 15:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
I just can't feel the bass mixing with the music, its kind of coming from the rear and i can feel the puny time lag. I am not sure whether i am being bit too cynical about it or there was some problem with the setups(which is quite rare, since the stuff used was good and the installers were reputed ones). On the contrary, the owners tell me that its how it is supposed to play. But i just cant justify myself , so please gurus help me to clear up my brains and my doubts!!
What you describe seems more to me as improperly tuned setups with maybe even average equipment. Usually, people that have such systems would say that "that's the way it's supposed to be", since they themselves sometimes havent heard better OR do not like what is in our opinions, better. There are a lot of people who do like it that way, i.e. disjointed and disproportionately louder bass etc. There is no argument with such people - if they like their sound that way, its their preference. They also mostly listen to different kinds of music from those that prefer their bass just being upfront, and perfectly co-ordinated with the rest of the frequencies.

Time Alignment is a handy tool. It's no short-cut. It just allows the listener in the car to overcome two shortcomings: 1. rear and subwoofer speakers being farther away from the listener than the fronts, and 2. the impossibility of having both front speakers equidistant from any front listening position. All of this is achieved without any alteration of the music signal. That said, it unfortunately comes only with expensive units. Hence a good starting point is to buy good quality equipment first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
The other option is to locate the sub below the front seats or below the center console (not possible in many cars).
Either that, or buy a Beetle.
Old 1st July 2008, 16:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Either that, or buy a Beetle.
The Tata nano could be another option. except there I think you would need to keep the stereo in your lap.
Old 1st July 2008, 16:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
The Tata nano could be another option. except there I think you would need to keep the stereo in your lap.
I feel that you could be able to fit a stereo in Nano but it will give a versatile option of dangling speakers place them where ever you want to or rather hang them where ever u want to
BTW...i saw Nano during the auto expo and the rear speakers are placed below the rear seats!!

On a serious note, how does a setup consisting a 4ch amp and 4 compos (in the doors of a swift) sound??
Old 1st July 2008, 16:31   #19
BHPian

I also think that the system is not properly tuned. I have Compos in front and sub in the rear (No speaker in rear at all) and I never feel that the bass is coming from the rear. It all sounds find to me but I am not guru, its just my personal experience.
Old 1st July 2008, 20:05   #20
BHPian

Folks, what if i give sub a miss, install another pair of components in the rear door and power them with a 4ch amp. Will i see a considerable improvement in the sound clarity and bass??
Does anyone have such a setup?
Old 1st July 2008, 22:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, what if i give sub a miss, install another pair of components in the rear door and power them with a 4ch amp. Will i see a considerable improvement in the sound clarity and bass??
Does anyone have such a setup?
Better to go with a pair of comps and a sub.
Old 1st July 2008, 22:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Better to go with a pair of comps and a sub.
thanks Ajay Bhai!!
Will go with the same..
Old 2nd July 2008, 00:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
What you need is to delay the front as compared to the sub in the boot. How do you intend to achieve that without using a TA-capable HU? LBM, can the PXA do that, in case the current HU is not TA-capable?
Yes sir. The PXA can be connected to any HU in this world. But the RUX controller is needed. PXA supports 3 analog inputs and 3 optical inptus. And it can do TA for each channel in terms of ms.

Quote:
Sorry for being a noob, but what's a PXA?? Is it the Sound Processor that LBM has as one of the few equipments in his 'Chalta Firta Sound Studio' :-)
You got it right it is the Processor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Well you should hear soem of gunbirs/JB's installs. The right choice of equipment insttlaed correctly can be made to blend beautifully without any TA or any processing whatsoever.
To hear is to beleive.
Having the sub in sync with front is not a difficult task and can be achieved with a TA. But when TA applied to front right speaker with respect to the left one it is no match to the non TAed setup. It makes a difference of day and night. Wanna believe it audition my car you will know the difference
Old 2nd July 2008, 00:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What you describe seems more to me as improperly tuned setups with maybe even average equipment. Usually, people that have such systems would say that "that's the way it's supposed to be", since they themselves sometimes havent heard better OR do not like what is in our opinions, better. There are a lot of people who do like it that way, i.e. disjointed and disproportionately louder bass etc. There is no argument with such people - if they like their sound that way, its their preference. They also mostly listen to different kinds of music from those that prefer their bass just being upfront, and perfectly co-ordinated with the rest of the frequencies.
Nickoo bro like Ajay Bhai has said what all setup you have listened which made you believe that TA is the only resort for the upfront bass ?
Old 2nd July 2008, 08:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

Having the sub in sync with front is not a difficult task and can be achieved with a TA. But when TA applied to front right speaker with respect to the left one it is no match to the non TAed setup. It makes a difference of day and night. Wanna believe it audition my car you will know the difference
I second that. I have auditioned his, wont call that a ICE, but a music studio!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks