Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 23:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No the power series are not SPL. They are SQL.

The 1004 is a good amplifier and a worthy successor of the 75.4. No it will not kill the 607C if the gain is right and the LPF is used.
Thank you Sam for coming in at the right moment. I was thinking the same but couldn't say it with authority. When I heard of JBL power series, its manual in site, price etc I was sure that it is a higher grade series of JBL which offer good SQ than budget line. I don't know how can one conclude 'Power' series is for SPL just by the name. Also, most of the reputed manufacturers are seen concetrating on cleaner SQ as their product series goes up.

Also, it is always better to have the amp an upperhand in terms of power. So, as Sam said, I don't think you will fry your 607Cs too if correctly tuned. But I repeat, fix your total budget and get the best comps you can get in that. Consider that it is not just HU/speakers/amp, but quality wires/cables/install and damping which also cost good. I could only afford 607Cs in my 35K total budget (7.5K for front door damping and wires/cables, still waiting for damping rear doors/hatch door and other parts which may again take a minimum of 5K)

Last edited by redfire : 16th July 2008 at 23:20.
Old 16th July 2008, 23:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Thank you Sam for coming in at the right moment. I was thinking the same but couldn't say it with authority. When I heard of JBL power series, its manual in site, price etc I was sure that it is a higher grade series of JBL which offer good SQ than budget line. I don't know how can one conclude 'Power' series is for SPL just by the name. Also, most of the reputed manufacturers are seen concetrating on cleaner SQ as their product series goes up.
I figured that since they already had the SQ range covered with infinity, JBL was branching off into the SPL area
Old 16th July 2008, 23:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I figured that since they already had the SQ range covered with infinity, JBL was branching off into the SPL area
The SPL is covered by the JBL GTi competition series.
Old 17th July 2008, 09:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification Sam
Old 17th July 2008, 11:36   #20

I have power series in my car. The fact is that if you want them to sing well, you need to put them on an amp. Without amps, they feel very normal.
Old 17th July 2008, 12:57   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
[b]JBL Power Series P660C Price:Rs 12,500

I would love to go for something thats boomy,loud,kick...whatever you name it. Is an amp absolutely must from Day 1:
If you want loud boom an amp is essential. Defire your budget and listening needs I understand you want SQ and SPL. What are your priorties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayind View Post
I have power series in my car. The fact is that if you want them to sing well, you need to put them on an amp. Without amps, they feel very normal.
That goes for just abot any speaker, but we at ICE aim to abnormal. Very abnormal. :-)
Old 17th July 2008, 13:19   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite silly of me not to have realised.

For the same price you can get P6560C which is a 6.5" component. Adha inch zyada milega, free mein, lol.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:35   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
That goes for just abot any speaker, but we at ICE aim to abnormal. Very abnormal. :-)

Ok... ok... I meant to say that they sound a bit bland.
Of course the clarity is definately more compared to factory fitted ones.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Are you fixed on getting a JBL Comp??
Thanks a ton JayD for your suggestions.
I think it would be finally a choice between JBL or Illusion,as of now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Dont go for an active bass tube, Bass tubes are very boomy
This would be a temporary set-up till the next upgrade my friend.This 1st stage set-up would be the HU,Front compos and the Bass tube which wont need a separate amp,the compos would run from HU till next upgrade.Next upgrade would be the 4 channel amp and a sealed box sub.Rear JBL 937s would fit in either in stage 1 or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
So it is very important that if you are going with this kind of setup you will need a good damping....front, rear and hatch doors. With out which you won't be able to enjoy your music......Yes may be the power series will be an overkill for estillo until you are an audiophile :-)
Thanks for the good advice vrrraju.
I know I need good all-round damping,as quality of build by Maruti is quite flimsy.My only concern here is that whether fitting the Power series would make me an 'audiovile' !!

Quote:
A larger dia speaker may be an overkill in a small car, but a different grade/quality speakers are definitely not if the owner is willing to pay and need max SQ he can get. IMO, fix the max budget first considering all the factors (HU, comps, co-ax, amps, nice install, damping, wires and accessories) and get the best equipments you can get. In all reputed brands, budget series are still good but higher series would better in terms of SQ.
Thanks redfire for your valuable inputs.
But the speakers are of the same size.Both are 6.5" ,the 607Cs and the 660CS!! So diameter-wise they would be the same,but my point is whether the higher cost of the Power series is justified so far as gain in SQ is concerned?

Quote:
If you go for noisekill (150 /sq ft), you need atleast 20sq ft for front doors itself. Now calculate comps+amp+damping+nice install+cables. Move with suitable comps that fits in this total budget. I am sure either way (607 or 660) you will never be wrong.
Thanks mate once again.I guess damping would have to be done in parts too.Front doors-->rear hatch-->rear doors-->other parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
The power series components would be an overkill for the Estillo. The 607C components should be good enough, since you are planning to fit a JBL Bass Tube also. The Bass tube woud satiate your need for "Boom-Boom" bass.You can safely go for JBL GTO937 for the rear coax speakers, if budget permits. Real good ones and VFM. Add the Pioneer HU and you have a fantastic systemcheers:.
Superb inputs Xeta bhai. Thanks a million for the wonderful suggestions.
Why overkill? Would you please elaborate for me again(although you have done so yesterday,I want to read the reasons again n again to fully comprehend the facts ;-) )

Quote:
As for the Amp, there's no problem at all if you take your time to add it. That JBL GTO1004 is a fantastic amp, excellent choice I must say. I have one of those in my car.Its a "Hosh uda dey, Neend Chura Ley" type amp.
Thanks buddy. Atleast my amps are fixed. Had even initially considered on Kenwood 8401.Not anymore,it would be JBL GTO 1004. Period.

Quote:
If thats not an issue Garware film would suffice.

As for the Security system, if you are interested in taking Xenos or Autocop I know a few dealers in Salt Lake, who will give you a good deal.
Guess it would be Garware then ( suggested by shuvc and xeta)

Please do let me know about the Autocop dealers. I really need a good deal as I dont want to compromise on that atall.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I would suggest you to do your system up in 3 stages since you are on a budget.

Step-1
1. Get a Good HU with 3 pairs of Preouts.
2. Get the JBL Power Series Comp upfront.
3. Get matching JBL Power Series Coax for rear..
Run them through the HU for now.

Step-2
1. Get the JBL GTO 1004 amp amd power the front and rear speakers through it.

Step-3
1. Add a JBL Monoblock from the GTO series and add a 12" sub in a ported box.

IMO, don't get the active tube coz as a part of the first step coz in that way the tube will drown the front comps (run by the HU) and the musical experience would be all bass. A Mono + sub in a ported box will give you better results is what i feel.

Lastly, don't forget some good quality wiring for this equipment. Ground Zero, Scosche or Connection Audison (if you can afford it).

Cheers
Thanks Prince85 for the suggestions.
Amongst wirings,which would be better -->twister,monster,connection audison and scosche? Any suggestions and probable cost please. My budget for wiring is around 3K.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
my recommend - get GTO937's for the rear , and the best components for the front you can afford, + maybe a lesser amp
Thanks greenhorn ji,
Thats another neat advice. JBL 937s has been recommended by almost everybody I spoke to for rear fills. I just want to know whether they will go in the rear doors of my Estilo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No the power series are not SPL. They are SQL.

The 1004 is a good amplifier and a worthy successor of the 75.4. No it will not kill the 607C if the gain is right and the LPF is used.
Thanks a lot Sam for your presence here and inputs.
What about running the Power series from GTO 1004? Would that set-up be ok?
Old 18th July 2008, 00:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Thanks greenhorn ji,
Thats another neat advice. JBL 937s has been recommended by almost everybody I spoke to for rear fills. I just want to know whether they will go in the rear doors of my Estilo?
No, they are 6"x9" and don't fit into default (door) locations of most of the cars. You need to place them on rear parcel tray. If you don't have a parcel tray, then you need to buy one of MDF, which will be available off the shelf at most of the leading installers/shops.

Quote:
Thanks redfire for your valuable inputs.
But the speakers are of the same size.Both are 6.5" ,the 607Cs and the 660CS!! So diameter-wise they would be the same,but my point is whether the higher cost of the Power series is justified so far as gain in SQ is concerned?
That's what I pointed out in my reply. I know they are same in dia. Here, you are not going for a bigger dia driver, but a a driver of same size but with a higher quality/series. If you can afford Power series, go for them. Go for the best SQ comps you can afford in your total budget.
Old 18th July 2008, 12:04   #28
BANNED

What is the approx cost of GTO 1004 with b&w?
Old 18th July 2008, 16:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I am presently using the JBL GTO 606Ce components and happened to hear the Illusion component speakers last evening and they are way better than the JBLs. They were so impressive that i am actually planing to get rid of the JBLs. However how would you compare the Illusions to : -

1. JBL GTO 607C
2. JBL GTO 6507C
3. JBL GTO 6507SC
4. JBL P560C
5. JBL C608Gti

I know im comparing the Illusions to only JBLs but that is because i have a full JBL set-up in my Swift but dont mind changing the components/speakers.

Kindly advise on the same.
Old 18th July 2008, 16:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

I have a Palio and want to get it ICE'd soon.
But I do not want any alteration to the parcel tray for the speakers. So I amthinking to install the better speakers on the front door panels. I heard that the front door can accomodate 6.5" without any alterations.

Are there any 6.5" speakers available in the market which give out the sound quality similar to the 6x9? what is the cost of these?
Please suggest.

Mods, Please delete this post in case I have not posted it to the correct thread.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 18th July 2008 at 16:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks