Team-BHP - Getz ICE upgrade - Alpine HU, IDQ sub and Eclipse mono
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Getz ICE upgrade - Alpine HU, IDQ sub and Eclipse mono (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/42564-getz-ice-upgrade-alpine-hu-idq-sub-eclipse-mono.html)

Setup:
Head Unit: Alpine 9887 (Gunbir's head unit posted in the Classifieds)
Upgraded from Pioneer 4750

Amplifier: Panasonic 4 channel (64*4 RMS at 4 ohms)
Retained

Front Components: Alpine Type-S 171
Retained

Rear Co-Axials: Alpine 6*9
Retained

Subwoofer: IDQ 12" v2 d2 (Price 13950)

Monoblock: Eclipse XA 1000 (Price 21000)

Audison 4 gauge amp wiring kit
Audison 4 channel RCA cable + Monster RCA for mono
Monster speaker cable (16 gauge for speakers, 12 gauge for subwoofer)
(Total 16500)

Sealed subwoofer box (7 cuft)
Installation
(Total 7750)

The installation was done at Auto Fusion under the supervision of Anwar bhai.

The difference in sound quality is awesome, the sound is clear and detailed. I have been rediscovering music (remember the post by Hydra after upgrading to Alpine 9887) since today evening, stopped as the fuel indicator was not co-operating.

I am using Alpine HU for the first time, found the user interface to be userfriendly. The fit and finish of the head unit is also good.
The sound quality with iPod mp3 cannot be compared to cd quality. I need to buy cds from now on.

The treble is little brighter than my liking. I need to refer the manual and see if I can adjust it.

Image dynamics subwoofer brings out the low frequencies very well. I am very happy with the output - it is not boom boom and gives tight bass which perfectly blends with the rest. The sub is in a 7cuft sealed box powered by eclipse monoblock. I usually listen at 40% volume and the subwoofer performs well even at low volume.

The rear 6*9 gives the midbass and it is not interfering with the sub as I had worried.

Special thanks to Gunbir for getting me the stuff and answering my queries.

Thanks to Satya, Ajay, Hydra, Clip, Zak and everyone who helped me in
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...rade-getz.html

Last but not he least, special thanks to Anwar bhai and Auto Fusion for their professional work and getting the best out of my stuff.

Sorry guys, I could not take any pictures when the installation was going on as the installation happened when I was in office. I will post some pictures of the final set up. The monoblock is placed under the drivers seat and the 4 channel amplifier is placed under the passenger seat.

PW - congrats. Good equipments and nice install. Enjoy your music :). It would be nice if you can put some details of the difference you felt in Pio and Alpine. You are one of the best to do this as you have the same amp and comp/co-ax set with either of the sets.

congrats on the new set up. please do post those pictures of the install asap :)
it must sound really nice and clean.

Congrats on the new ICE setup and definitely Anwar and Thouqueer do a damn good installation and all the best and enjoy the ride and the music in it.

hey congrats,thats a really nice equipment list.And yup you need to buy original cds to enjoy the alpine.It will completely blow you away.
And i have just one question!Why did you buy an eclipse monoblock for 21k when you could have bought a very good 4 channel amp and upgraded your components in the same amount?

congrats mate!!
Nice choice of equipment. Although eclipse is lil expensive or shud say very expensive but they dont compromise on quality. Really likes your setup.
I too wanted a ID sub buts its way out of mu budget :(
Enjoy!!

Congrats on the setup! Anwar would definitely have done a good job. And that's good stuff you've got there.

You did the right thing by allocating a good budget for good cabling. You won't need to worry about cabling any more.

And the IDQ is in a 1 cu.ft box, I think (not 7 cu.ft.) :)

Next stage, front-stage upgrade, right?

More pikchers needed! And ENJOYYYYYYYY!

Congratulations. Excellent setup. would love to hear your setup sometime. More pics please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 906194)

Sealed subwoofer box (7 cuft)

About the sealed enclosure, is it a typo or is it really 7 cft enclosure, is it not too big for a sealed enclosure.

Thanks guys.

Sorry for the typo, I meant 0.7 cuft.

The boot space is not compromised much and it is very important for me considering the car is a hatchback.

Patiencewins: nice choice of equipment .

I had heard the Alpine 9887 on a demo setup in Amsterdam and it did make a lot of difference in SQ as compared to Pioneer. Would have loved to put one in my setup However it was really expensive.

but you have paired it with nice amp and speakers.

ENJOY :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 906352)
Sorry for the typo, I meant 0.7 cuft.
The boot space is not compromised much and it is very important for me considering the car is a hatchback.

0.7 cu. ft., huh? Even better! Tight, tight bass that goes perfectly with the front stage. This is one situation where you can have your cake and eat it too! (Tight Bass + minimum loss of boot space).

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfire (Post 906214)
It would be nice if you can put some details of the difference you felt in Pio and Alpine. You are one of the best to do this as you have the same amp and comp/co-ax set with either of the sets.

Please note that I had a very old model of Pioneer which cannot be compared to the new Pioneer model.

The main difference I felt is in the clarity of music. When Pioneer used to play music hurriedly, Alpine takes every note to perfection. It also brings out the imperfection in mp3 music which was not clearly visible with Pioneer.

Alpine holds the sound quality pretty well at high volumes where as Pioneer used to scream - Anwar was auditioning the system at full volume. I do not like very loud sound, but was amazed by the capability of this unit.

What I like about Pioneer is that it gives value for money, best features in the price range with decent sound.

Conclusion: Pioneer is good, but Alpine is great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 906270)
hey congrats,thats a really nice equipment list.And yup you need to buy original cds to enjoy the alpine.It will completely blow you away.
And i have just one question!Why did you buy an eclipse monoblock for 21k when you could have bought a very good 4 channel amp and upgraded your components in the same amount?

Good question. I had discussed this with many gurus including Anwar. As I wanted a small sealed box which gives tight bass, I decided to go for a good dedicated mono for subwoofer.

I cannot afford Eclipse 7100 head unit, so let me get a eclipse monoblock :D. I have heard that Eclipse quality is good.

I will be upgrading the front sound stage, but not in the near future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 906301)
Congrats on the setup! Anwar would definitely have done a good job. And that's good stuff you've got there.

You did the right thing by allocating a good budget for good cabling. You won't need to worry about cabling any more.

And the IDQ is in a 1 cu.ft box, I think (not 7 cu.ft.) :)

Next stage, front-stage upgrade, right?

More pikchers needed! And ENJOYYYYYYYY!

Thanks. I wanted to get the complete wiring done in good quality so that I would not have to touch cables anymore.

Yes friend, The next upgrade would be front stage.
I am very happy with the output now. But I am sure that front stage upgrade would happen in the distant future.
I plan to retire from Getz ICE upgade after that.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 906441)
The main difference I felt is in the clarity of music. When Pioneer used to play music hurriedly, Alpine takes every note to perfection. It also brings out the imperfection in mp3 music which was not clearly visible with Pioneer.
What I like about Pioneer is that it gives value for money, best features in the price range with decent sound.

Conclusion: Pioneer is good, but Alpine is great.

Thats what all say when you upgrade to Alpines, dump mp3s !

And guess your's would be one among the costliest mono-sub combo upgrade (14+21 + 12 +16.5 + 8) Phew!

What about damping?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 906474)
What about damping?

I discussed this with Anwar. Not an issue now as Getz door panels are quite strong and I listen to music only at medium volumes. Damping would be done with Front sound stage upgrade.

The subwoofer is facing the side, not the boot door. Anwar says this is best for my requirement of sound quality. Also the box occupies only little more than quarter boot space.

Enjoy your music mate,You got a good setup!
Try to run fronts only with Sub,i bet you won't power on rear speakers again.
How is ECLPISE performing?

Cheers!