Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2008, 15:36   #1
BHPian

Stereo system for Maruti 800

Hi,

I have a Maruti 800 and was thinking of putting a music system on the same. Unlike most other cars like Alto I don't see speaker points on the 800's front panel. I wanted suggestions on putting midrange speakers around 4 - 5 inches diameter sized in the front. I don't want the speakers at the rear as it would require me to play at higher volume which I just hate!!

Can you guys give me some suggestions as to how the fitting is done in the front or even under the front seats? And where is the audio system fitted on the panel. Can I have links to images of 800's fitted with music systems.

I dont have a cigarette lighter nor ashtray fitted and the section above the ashtray is also not being used for anything. What is the purpose and what kind of stuff can I fit in the front panel.

Thanks,
Vincent
Old 21st July 2008, 15:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

It is very much possible to install 6.5" components in the front doors of M800. Check this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/856605-post44.html
Old 21st July 2008, 16:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Here's a budget install:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-jblified.html
Old 21st July 2008, 17:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vincent,
It is absolutely possible to install a full blown Amp+Sub+ 6.5"Components+rear coaxials in a Maruti 800. I have dont just that a couple of months back. The only catch is that the front door panels need to be cut if u wish to install front components. Else, like I had in my earlier setup, 4" round coaxials can go into the slots provided for the same under the dashboard. Either ways, theres no problem at all, at least I havent faced any on my system. Runs like a dream.
And yes, you obviously have to get hold of a competent installer, so that the cutting and everything else is done neatly and perfectly.
You can read my post on what my exact setup is (Sound off and Show off section), though I have not been able to upload any snaps of my setup.
Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks