Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:16   #1
BHPian

ICE-ing my Logan

Hi,

I am planning to get an ICE for my Logan this weekend. My budget is strictly 10k , though I'm willing to get only the HU (Pioneer) and one set of speakers (JBL) to begin with.. is that practical ? I listen to Rock mostly and dont plan to add subs or amps anytime soon. My preferences are :

1) Front loading decks (not the ones where you need to take off the face plate to load CD's)
2) ipod compatiability
3) steering mounted remotes

Any suggestions ?

PS - I'm considering making the purchases and installation done from Driven as he comes highly recommended from bhp-ians.
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

That Budget is gonna be broken into so many little pieces judging by your requirements
the cheapest pio HU which satisfies your requirements + steering remote will cost ~7k
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
My budget is strictly 10k , though I'm willing to get only the HU (Pioneer) and one set of speakers (JBL) to begin with.. is that practical ? I listen to Rock mostly
If you are going to build the system slowly (ergo add amps and subs later) you should consider a HU with 3 pairs of pre outs (front, rear and sub). THis will cost you abotu 7K. For 3K get a pair of coax 6" speakers for the front door. These can be used for the rear, when you upgrade the front to components.

Most Viewed