Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 18:15   #1
BHPian

Good rear speakers for the Fabia

Folks,

I need some recommendations on a good set of rear speakers for the Fabia. What brand, specifications should I be looking at? I just want the 2 rear speakers and nothing more as I am not a big audiophile.

Also, can I get these fitted at any car accessory shop or should I go to the dealer; does it have any side affects on the warranty? Does the car come pre-wired for the rear speakers or does it need new wires running from the deck? Should I choose any specific cables?

I am also travelling to the US next week, so I can pick up any ones which might be cheaper or easily available there.

Thanks in advance
Old 25th July 2008, 20:41   #2
BHPian

Minor clarification - It is the 'Classic' trim.
Old 25th July 2008, 20:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

do you know what the stock locations are ? or are ( and can ) you replace the rear parcel tray with an MDF one and put in 6x9's ?
Old 25th July 2008, 20:51   #4
BHPian

From what I can see, the rear doors have space for tweeters and the space in the boot, above the wheel arches has space for rear speakers. I think the biggest that can fit in is 4" (10cms) ones.

I would avoid replacing the parcel tray with a MDF one
Old 25th July 2008, 22:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

i think your door can take 5 1/2 inchers. if your car came with speakers for the front, I'd recommend you put the stock ones in the back and new ones in the front ( if you want to music to sound better in front) . if whoever wants to listen to the music is going to be in hte back seat ,then the new ones go in the rear.
which option do you prefer ?
Old 28th July 2008, 16:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

I got my fabia Morel speakers. Have Morel dotech comps in front with 5" morel pulse coax for rear doors. Both front and rear needed half inch spacers. Driven by alpine v-power amp, must say the sound is awesome for the price. Nice, clean, punchy, with amazing off axis response which is great for imaging. In short the sound u get is more like surround sound with feeling of live music right in front of you. Listen to them as well.
Old 2nd August 2008, 21:43   #7
BHPian

Was the car pre-wired for the rear speakers or did you need to run a wire from the head unit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks