Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 23:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Bluetooth HU anyday. And if you like good music then dont use A2DP.
Old 8th August 2008, 03:13   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Why not give the kenwood bt7539U headunit a try.It does everything that you have mentioned exceptionally well.with b&w it cost 15k.You might get it a lot cheaper in grey.
Old 8th August 2008, 03:24   #18
BHPian

Ok, will do. Do you know anyone in Delhi who has it who would be willing to let me audition it? The other day I passed by Driven in EoK and noticed that it wasn't there anymore. Is it shut?

Also two questions about the BT7539U as well as other bluetooth HUs:
  1. There doesn't seem to be green and red buttons to pick up / reject calls. How does this work with the HU itself and /or the remote?
  2. Does kenwood /other brands support the bluetooth call pickup / reject etc. features in their respective steering remotes?
And yeah, don't worry guys, I have experienced bluetooth music on HUs before - terrible! So no plans of doing that! I just mentioned that my E51 has a2dp in case that helps with the quality of the voice call over bluetooth.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:05   #19
BHPian

Pls. answer quick!! And use more than 20 characters for a healthy life.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Pls. answer quick!! And use more than 20 characters for a healthy life.
DRIVEN's owners have leased out the main space to a fitness store (no I'm not a customer lol) and moved DRIVEN to the rear of the building. There are a couple of friends of Delhi TBHP members who have these, I dont think they should mind letting you audition it.

Re your queries:

1. the left and the right knobs work for this during an incoming call. Press the left knob to take the call, right knob to take it in private mode (answered in handset). And IIRC, the right knob rotated lets you control the HF mic sensitivity.

2. Haven't tried that as Kenwood India doesn't stock steering remotes. Haven't tried it with the supplied remote either. Will try it next time I get my hands on one though...

Hope this helps.

Last edited by gunbir : 9th August 2008 at 13:18.
Old 9th August 2008, 16:33   #21
BHPian

You can also check what different Bluetooth features your phone supports.

For receiving CLIP information, phone should have 'Hands free profile' and/or 'Headset profile'. If you want features like three way calling, call hold etc, phone should have HFP 1.5.

To pull the phone book addresses to the car kit, phone should support Phonebook access Profile (PBAP)

If you want to stream audio files from phone to HU, Phone should support Advance audio distribution profile (A2DP), unless quality of the speakers is bad (that is the case with most of A2DP headsets) sound quality is good.

Some phones support switching from private mode to handsfree mode and this is not really a car kit's / HU's feature.
Old 9th August 2008, 16:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpid View Post
... Some phones support switching from private mode to handsfree mode and this is not really a car kit's / HU's feature.
ALL phones with BT support switching between Handsfree and Handset mode.

@vebmetal's question was from the HU p-o-v. Of course he can pick up the phone and press the corresponding key to get the control back to the handset. The issue is what is the method of doing the same at the HU.
Old 9th August 2008, 18:35   #23

Yup a couple of members are using the bt7539.And im sure they will let you audition the hu.
I have used it for a couple of times in a friends car.It is very easy to setup,to use and call quality is amazing
Old 10th August 2008, 01:34   #24
BHPian

Thanks guys! Could anyone let me know which TBHP members own this HU (Kenwood BT7539) in Delhi so that I can PM them and ask for an audition.

And yes, my question regarding call pick-up / reject and private mode had to do with how one can do this from the HU and/or the steering remote. The idea is that I shouldn't need to fiddle around trying to take my phone out ofmy pocket or trying to read that tiny screen while driving. HU is more visible in my peripheral vision.
Old 12th August 2008, 00:52   #25
BHPian

Guys, please tell me who has the HU so that I can audition them!! Need a solution fast!!!
Old 12th August 2008, 02:22   #26

PM Noidaboy/gunbir.they will be able to organise an audition for you.
cheers!
You might have to come to Noida though/
Old 12th August 2008, 15:45   #27
nitin.dangayach

Well not the Pioneer, I am using JVC KD-BT1 with in-built BT.

Haven't really tested the CALLING on it. But have tried pairing the HU with my mobile phone (SE W950i). The sound in A2DP is not really that bad, as suggested by one of our fellow friends. In fact for an average lister, its as good as listening to a normal MP3.

I haven't yet bought my car so i only hooked the HU in my mother's car, just to check if the HU is working good.

I am getting my alto this weekend (most probably) so if you can wait till a week more, you can check the system in action, by visiting my place in gurgaon.

Old 26th August 2008, 00:05   #28
BHPian

Ok so I am looking at these:

1) Kenwood BT7539U
2) Parrot RK8200
3) BT car kit

Please give suggestions as to the third.
Old 26th August 2008, 01:48   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Ok so I am looking at these:

1) Kenwood BT7539U
2) Parrot RK8200
3) BT car kit

Please give suggestions as to the third.
The bt car kit doesnt really work.I have a jabra bluetooth car kit and its a P.I.T.A.You have to switch it on,connect it,when you disembark you have switch off the car kit/unpair the phone and the kit.Charging the car kit is a hassle.That is why im in favour of a bt hu.as you dont need to charge it,you switc off the car,the bt automatically gets disconnectd.As soon as you switch on the car,the hu automatically detects the phone and pairs itself.
Old 29th August 2008, 21:41   #30
BHPian

I think I may hold out for the Parrot RK8200 in that case. It's $300, but unfortunately it's been delayed till 1st-Oct-08. I like that it has dedicated call accept and call reject buttons. And that screen looks sweet (reminds me of the new though costlier Alpines). I just wish there were more videos / previews so that I could make out what the user interface / friendliness is like.

Meanwhile, anyone who can let me try their Kenwood BT7539U this weekend, please let me know by PM!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks