Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2008, 21:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the thread i had 3 questions-
1. Is there any double din HU available with the required Functions under 15k?
2. How exactly a bluetooth HU works?
3. I use a Nokia N95 8gb, will it be compatible?

Anyone?
Old 29th August 2008, 22:49   #32
BHPian

1. I think there is a Pioneer 2-Din HU that's around the corner. Though the screen is more of the 5050 and lower models type (i.e. single line LED).

2. Still waiting to audition one. But the basic thing AFAIK is that you have to pair your cellphone to your HU. After that as long as your phone has BT on, the HU wil connect to it. When you get a call, it will pause the music and you can either pick up or reject the call. Some of them can also handle SMSes, though ymmv.

3. You can be sure that the N95 will be compatible. It's a premium phone - one of Nokia's best. You don't have to worry.
Old 30th August 2008, 17:05   #33
BHPian

Why not eclipse BT Headunits

Do try out the Eclipse headunits (CD3200 or CD7200) that has Bluetooth built in. I have CD3200 and it works perfectly with my Motorazr phone for the calls (including caller ID). Also tried out Bluetooth stereo audio with Motorokr and the sound was pretty good.

Above all the sound quality is awesome and clean, being an eclipse HU.

- KB.
Old 30th August 2008, 17:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Yup a couple of members are using the
And im sure they will let you audition the hu.
I have used it for a couple of times in a friends car.It is very easy to setup,to use and call quality is amazing
Avoid the inbuilt bt series from kenwood,they have issue,The set hangs alot and goes bonkers when bt is being connected or disconnected,switch it off and on it becomes fine

if going for a kenwood then 6539 and buy the module extra,it will cost the same as 7539bt
Old 30th August 2008, 20:22   #35
BHPian

I don't think the cost would be the same, would it? The BT module for Pioneers cost 7k for example.

Anyway, as of now I am seriously looking at the Parrot RK8200. Will probably suffer with a BT headset till the RK8200 releases and has a few reviews on the net etc.

Maybe I will create some noise with the traffic police and get some challaning going for people talking on their handsets. That way more and more bhpians will get BT car kits/HUs and I can get more reviews But seriously, how do people survive this day and age with this ridiculous traffic without BT car solutions???
Old 8th October 2008, 22:23   #36
BHPian

Pioneer HU Bluetooth with CD-BTB200

I have a few questions about the Bluetooth adapter for Pioneer (CD-BTB200) and was wondering whether anyone here in Delhi has it, as I would love to check it out (I promise not more than 10 - 15 minutes). So PM me if you do.

If anyone has the PDF manual to it, that would be great too!

If not, for anyone who has used it before, please answer the following:
  1. Does the HU automatically pair with your phone when you sit in the car? (of course assuming BT is ON on your phone).
  2. When a call comes in, which buttons do you have to press to accept / reject the call? (since this is for HUs that don't have built-in BT, and wouldn't have those green and red buttons)
  3. Can you use the HU to make outgoing calls? Is this easy to use while driving?
  4. Does the HU store your phonebook (and update every time you pair the device)?
  5. Can you read SMSes through the HU's screen?
Old 9th October 2008, 20:36   #37
BHPian

Found a PDF manual here but it's really poorly written.

Please let me know if someone has this in Delhi.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:15   #38
BHPian

Hmmm, the lack of responses on this thread makes me think that there is a lot of unsafe driving going around.
Old 10th October 2008, 15:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Well an not knowledgeable about this so waiting for people to give opinions!
Old 24th October 2008, 21:00   #40
BHPian

Quick question - if I get the CD-BTB200 (Pioneer Bluetooth Adapter) from France, will it be a problem? My 6050 was bought here (import from Singapore I suppose) and the menu is in English. Will a btb200 from France make the BT menu in my HU be in French?

Please reply ASAP!!!
Old 24th October 2008, 21:26   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me share my experience of using a BT HU. I use JVC AX 44 and it's BT feature very often with my SE m600i.

1. The pairing of the HU & Phone is a one time affair.

2. The BT connection between the HU & the phone happens automatically if your phones BT is on.

3. You have tons of features like phone book, detailed display, SMS alert, auto accept, voice dialing, etc etc..

4. The voice quality is quite good

5. I find it very safe and convenient compared to using a phone alone while driving.

Cheers,
Old 24th October 2008, 21:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
I have a few questions about the Bluetooth adapter for Pioneer (CD-BTB200) and was wondering whether anyone here in Delhi has it, as I would love to check it out (I promise not more than 10 - 15 minutes). So PM me if you do.

If anyone has the PDF manual to it, that would be great too!

If not, for anyone who has used it before, please answer the following:
1. Does the HU automatically pair with your phone when you sit in the car? (of course assuming BT is ON on your phone).
2. When a call comes in, which buttons do you have to press to accept / reject the call? (since this is for HUs that don't have built-in BT, and wouldn't have those green and red buttons)
3. Can you use the HU to make outgoing calls? Is this easy to use while driving?
4. Does the HU store your phonebook (and update every time you pair the device)?
5. Can you read SMSes through the HU's screen?
I recently got Pio7050BT, I guess this is almost same as 6050 + BTB200 – still to try out all options, but let me try answer your queries based on my experience.

1. Yes – it pairs automatically (there is setting for automatic pairing in both HU and phone) – once you switch on the HU and the phone, it pairs within 2-5 seconds. Interesting if you were talking on the phone, the call also gets transferred to the HU without getting disconnected
2. You can pick the call on 7050BT by pressing multi-control. There is no green/red button on the HU – may be same should work on 6050 also. The remote however has green/red buttons to accept/reject the calls, but I hardly use it.
3. Making outgoing calls while driving – yes possible, but the safety recommendation is not to do it. Recalling received/dialed/missed call list and dialing is fairly easy.
4. HU has option to store phone book – it does an automatic download of address book when you first pair it (initial), but does not do any download or sync every time you pair. You have a menu option to download later. I have not been able to use it as yet, I discovered later that my phone does not support it (so waiting for phone upgrade)
5. SMS reading – I do not think that feature is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
Quick question - if I get the CD-BTB200 (Pioneer Bluetooth Adapter) from France, will it be a problem? My 6050 was bought here (import from Singapore I suppose) and the menu is in English. Will a btb200 from France make the BT menu in my HU be in French?

Please reply ASAP!!!
Menu will all be on the HU and not on BTB200, so my guess it will not be a problem at all.
Old 24th October 2008, 22:19   #43
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback guys!! Anyone else with more gyaan on whether getting the BT adapter from France will be a problem?
Old 25th October 2008, 10:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

The UI is provided by your HU, not the btb200, so there is nothing French about the BT unit if you get it from France. The only interface to the HU is electronic. Being a standard Pio unit, there should be no problem in interfacing.
Old 29th January 2009, 00:06   #45
BHPian

Sadly, I still have not been able to figure out the situation, and my BT problem still exists

Today I went to Driven, and according to him the BTB200 would be for 8K!!! And while he highly recommend the Kenwood 6539, he said that there have been several complaints with BT in the 7539U which has built in BT. So apart from fitting a BTB200 in my pioneer for 8K my only other option is to sell by 6050 and buy a 6539 and a kenwood bluetooth adapter. (This would mean spending about 10-11K)

I am not happy with either. Any advice?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks