Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 20:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

deralte i am not going to stick strips of this rubber on the metal surface its going to be stuck on the behind part of the rubber beading would that aggravate the issue too?

give me some time to post the pics of where i intend to paste the strips. for a detailed explanation.
Old 17th August 2008, 22:19   #32
BHPian

I would suggest, at least ask the Maruti authorised service station.
As per their suggested solution you can decide what to opt for?
Old 18th August 2008, 15:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
I would suggest, at least ask the Maruti authorised service station.
As per their suggested solution you can decide what to opt for?
thanks for the suggestion, but i think i know these maruthi guys and what they are capable of, so i rather not try wasting my time there, now take a look at the pics below for the detailed explanation of why i want to do what i what to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, no, @rider60, it does not go back like that. Unfortunately the car manufacturers don't do a water dunk test before delivering, so sealing problems are not detected before the customer takes delivery. Only a few cars have this problem, and is quickly corrected by the service guys. Once the thing is set, it will stay like that always.

Putting the rubber strip behind the beading will aggravate the issue.
deralte i think other wise!, take a look at these pics, now i precisely know why those sediments rather those white scales were so strong on the front door pads and were barely there on the on the rear! but water still got in and the water scales were not all that visible! and i dont want to risk my new paint job this time.

the culprits have stuck a double tape! on the back of the beading and over time and rain the adhesive just gave up and formed those scales on my door pads! like i said the kanjoos makhi choose maruthi does this! so my idea of sticking the rubber layer behind those beadings is not going to aggrevate the issue but help i guess.

what are your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01680.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01681.jpg  

Old 18th August 2008, 16:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, I see your point.

The adhesive tape is not the culprit, bhai. Look at the other side, the edge of the door opening on the body, where this grey beading is supposed to touch when the door is closed. That edge (usually covered with another harder beading) has to be brought out to meet the doors beading - and the problem is not uniform around the periphery. That is what the service guys correct by a bit of hit and trial and the water jet.

Now, if you stick a layer of rubber behind this beading, it will cause this beading to either misalign in spots (the problem will continue then) or cause the beading to come unstuck (if the adhesive bonding is not good).

Usually, simple solutions prevent the problem from aggravating. Hammering the body edge out is IMHO the simpler solution. You can do it yourself if you don't trust MASS. Take a wooden piece (prevents the hammer blow from marring the surface), touch it to the place you want to push out, and carefully hammer out from inside the cabin (you will need a helper to hold the hose).
Old 18th August 2008, 17:06   #35
BHPian

If your car is just 8 months old, my suggestion is you first take it to MASS. With a little force Maruti will definetly rectify the problem.

If you do a DIY and the problem does not go away or resurfaces in a months time you will anyway have to got MASS and then they will tell you that you have changed the beading hence they cant do anything. Bottom line is why take the risk.

Swift is an excellent car except for the rattling problems/quality issues with some of their parts. I have 6 month old Swift and already the dashboard and left door rattles quite a bit. The Getz suspension on the other hand is a lot smoother and the car does not rattle this much.
Old 18th August 2008, 18:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

hey just checked out my friend's swift and the beading in my car seems defective from the factory, rather it lacks the curve that the other swift has, i can explain it unless you see the pics give me some time to get he pics!,or either the door tight alignment is not right these are only possible explanations!

may be you are both right about this, i will give MASS a shot tomorrow, if that fails then i am claiming the warranty and will sit there till some thing serious is done !!!

thank you for convincing me about the same, i got the confidence when i saw the other swift's beading i will sure want the maruthi guys to get this right tomorrow!

and will keep you guys posted here!
Old 19th August 2008, 15:45   #37
BHPian

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago the front left door in my lancer didn't open. The central locking opened all other doors but this one didn't open. I tried opening from inside /outside but not luck. the door lock just would not open. Somehow after fiddling with the keys from outside and manhandling the door handle. I was able to open the door. The central locking motor/value seemed to be a problem. so the only option was to open the door pads and fix it. To my amazement the MDF spacers for my front Illusion El 6.1 were all wet and could see white fungus like thing on it. What struck me was this thread from rider60.

I know where the water is seeping in from.It flows in from the outer side of the glass near the horizontal beading.
I do accept the fact that he rains in mumbai/pune have been crazy and water would have definitely seeped in from the outside face of the glass into the door.
But isn't that supposed to be normal. Isn't here a route for the water to flow away without falling on the speakers.

now i too am scared that the rain water in my doors will mess up with the speakers. everyone has speakers there then how does it stay fine with others car?

Guys HELP!!
Old 20th August 2008, 22:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

well lets forget the beading problem for a while and enjoy the speaker protection i thought of and executed, do let me know how this is.

i put in a extra mdf ring on the inside of the door and an aluminum mesh painted with feroza/4g blue as they called it at the shop, just so as to increase my chances of saving the speaker, the water drop lets would simply touch the mesh and drip down well most of it will hope fully.

and i have put in these plastic cups i bought from blueraven316 with the other side open so as to not screw up my sound and still have some protection, and not let the mdf catch any more of the filty fungi it had formed previously, even though i wrapped it in brown tape.

the thing is that if the water enters at all it will have to drip on the plastic cup and come to the center and fall out through the holes made for them especially you can clearly notice that in the last pic!

my installation is almost dont it should be over today or max by tomorrow!

hope this time there is no ICE Mixing with water!!!.

as per the door pads scales issue and getting the beading right i need to go to the mass soon i just cant find the time. i know for a reason that the door beadings are defective, but would the dealers be willing to accept it and change it for me or worst to worst to evade all this if have to buy a brand new set of beadings what would be the cost of the same? gurus please help me with that!!!

and here are the pics these are a PURE DIY JOB!!!
Attached Thumbnails
When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01682.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01683.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01685.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01686.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01688.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01689.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01691.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01745.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01746.jpg  

When ICE mixes with water!!!-dsc01747.jpg  

Old 20th August 2008, 22:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
Hi guys,

A couple of days ago the front left door in my lancer didn't open. The central locking opened all other doors but this one didn't open. I tried opening from inside /outside but not luck. the door lock just would not open. Somehow after fiddling with the keys from outside and manhandling the door handle. I was able to open the door. The central locking motor/value seemed to be a problem. so the only option was to open the door pads and fix it. To my amazement the MDF spacers for my front Illusion El 6.1 were all wet and could see white fungus like thing on it. What struck me was this thread from rider60.

I know where the water is seeping in from.It flows in from the outer side of the glass near the horizontal beading.
I do accept the fact that he rains in mumbai/pune have been crazy and water would have definitely seeped in from the outside face of the glass into the door.
But isn't that supposed to be normal. Isn't here a route for the water to flow away without falling on the speakers.

now i too am scared that the rain water in my doors will mess up with the speakers. everyone has speakers there then how does it stay fine with others car?

Guys HELP!!
dude check for the clogged water hole at the door's bottom! that should majorly clear the issue!

other wise take a look at my very own DIY below, one of them should help.
Old 25th August 2008, 01:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

well here is the update, i checked up with the mass, they checked the beadings and sprayed with the water gun and there were a few droplets very very few that were kind of barely visible inside the cabin.

they corrected the beading with a wooden mallet, screwdriver and tightened the door locker setting and tested it again.

this time i got lucky the leak dint happen and i was happy its resolved at the moment. and if this happens again i surely told then i want the beadings changed or do what ever was necessary to ensure this does not happen again.

i really hoping this never happens ever again and i hope i never should have to see the door pads that scaly again.

as for now the ICE mixing is preventing and so is the water leakage in through the beadings.

and no comments on the DIY speaker rings and cup fix up not even one?
Old 25th August 2008, 11:58   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
well lets forget the beading problem for a while and enjoy the speaker protection i thought of and executed, do let me know how this is.
Rider, you could have damped the doors as well it would help with bass definition.
Old 17th September 2008, 00:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Rider, you could have damped the doors as well it would help with bass definition.

that will soon spring up in my DIY thread started for my swift soon just wait for it and thanks for pointing out and reminding navinji.cheers:

Most Viewed