Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 11:45   #46
BHPian

Install is looking good - neat & simple!
Old 18th August 2008, 13:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Loved the way the amp are kept now. Waiting to audition it (god knows when!)
Old 18th August 2008, 15:17   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The SRx4 doesn't even begin to do justice to this awesome set of comps. I'll be putting the SRx4 and the LRx1.4 for sale, to help me pay for a TRU Steel 44. Yep. I've given up saying "no more upgrades"

- The boot has been damped so heavy it does not stay up even with those 2 hydraulic things holding it. I need a prop.
Try the VRx series for the XS.

The excessive damping in the boot might damage the joints of the hyrdaulic "things".
Old 18th August 2008, 17:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, folks!

@navin, VRx? I'm not that much of an ICEr. In fact I'm now confused between the Image Dynamics Q450.4 (what Hellspawn has in his car) and the TRU Technology TRU Steel 44. The ID amp is about 10K lesser but the TRU is already a legend, and gives more than it promises too. I'm sure both amps will drive the components well, but it is the sub I'm concerned about now (I intend to sell both my current amps and get just a 4-channel amp - simplicity is better).

Now I have some really nice 'nekkid' pics of the components for your viewing pleasure. I hope they will make up for the amateur phone-cam pics I posted. Enjoyyyy!
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-comp-set-1-medium.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-midbass1-medium.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-midbass2-medium.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-midbass3-medium.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-xo1-medium.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-xo2-medium.jpg
Old 18th August 2008, 17:47   #50
BHPian

These compo's look yumm,congrats hydra!

Will this logic be true,that ID compo's should perform better on ID amp?
When hellspawn changed his iPAUL to ID the image had improved on his ID compo's,The detailing had increased even after the wattage had dropped from 90 to 75w yet the compo's were sounding better
Old 18th August 2008, 22:35   #51
BHPian

Hi Anoop, finally you did it again.... nice selection of products and as usual pretty decent installation by Zuheimi. enjoyyyy
Old 18th August 2008, 22:35   #52
BHPian

congrats hydra.those are some real goods comps to own.
Old 19th August 2008, 01:00   #53

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:

In fact I'm now confused between the Image Dynamics Q450.4 (what Hellspawn has in his car) and the TRU Technology TRU Steel 44. The ID amp is about 10K lesser but the TRU is already a legend, and gives more than it promises too
You can always get the tru steel 44.If you dont like it we can exchange...
Old 19th August 2008, 13:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, guys!

@noidaboy, I'm sure the XS comps would sound great with the ID Q450.4! His amp has been getting pretty good reviews from all over.

@hellspawn, exchange after I get a TRU Steel44? In your dreams! But then, I'm open to a swap right now, with my SRx4 heh, heh!
Old 19th August 2008, 13:44   #55
BHPian

Awesome install Hydra, could not have expected anything lesser coming from you. But that ID components were the icing on the cake (or should I reserve that comment to the "yet to arrive" amps?). It was like the twist in the climax

The installation as usual, looks very professional. What less can I expect when two mad mad audio buffs like you and Zuhemi team up?

So much for resolutions yeh? you have now given me the resolve to finish what I started. Though I can only dream of reaching your level. Looking forward to an audition when are are back in Coimbatore (very soon, I guess).
Old 19th August 2008, 13:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

I agree! A coimby audition is needed soon!

Last edited by JayD : 19th August 2008 at 13:50.
Old 19th August 2008, 15:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
...you have now given me the resolve to finish what I started.
Thanks, quicksilver! Have been meaning to call you for a long time now. Will call you today 'noon. Yes, I was wondering what happened to that project of yours! If you are in Kochi in about a month, you will have one helluva setup to audition (not mine)

I should be in Coimb in the 2nd weekend of September, but I'm not sure if I'll be driving down, though :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I agree! A coimby audition is needed soon!
I guess you'll be in Kochi during the Onam weekend, right? That's when I'll be in Coimby. When are you in Kochi next?
Old 19th August 2008, 16:38   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now I have some really nice 'nekkid' pics of the components for your viewing pleasure.
are you building a new custom sub box as well? I only assume becuase of the plywood used as a back ground.

now lets see some install pics!
Old 19th August 2008, 21:13   #59

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
@hellspawn, exchange after I get a TRU Steel44? In your dreams! But then, I'm open to a swap right now, with my SRx4 heh, heh!
Cool i'll be sending you my kenwood 8401..send me the srx4 ...
Old 20th August 2008, 00:42   #60
BHPian

Wow hydra - sorry was bit away from forum. It's a neat great setup. Glad to know that you got what you really wanted. I am sure, by the amp upgrade, it is going to be a perfect/reference setup.

Like the amp rack in your boot. Wanna do something like that.

Do buzz us when you drive to Tvm next time. Will meet you if I come to Cochin.

Waiting for the never ending next upgrade story

Most Viewed