Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 18:38   #91
Senior - BHPian

Just looked at the lrx mono's specs on the audison website (too much flash) and it sure is a beast. I am sure your srx bridged won't be able to do justice.
Old 9th September 2008, 21:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

@redfire, thanks! It would be nice to see you again. Do call me when you are in Kochi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
The tru tech amp looks hot !
Can your audison 4 channel be bridged into a mono ? If yes won't it deliver more power than the mono audison ?
Thank you!
Well we can't bridge a 4-ch amp into a mono, but we can bridge it to 2-chs and use each channel to drive the individual voice-coils of a DVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Just looked at the lrx mono's specs on the audison website (too much flash) and it sure is a beast. I am sure your srx bridged won't be able to do justice.
Actually I have a "classic" LRx1.4 (correction, "had" -- the LRx1.4 is already spoken for and I'm just borrowing it till the TRU comes in). It does 350w RMS at 4 ohms. The Audison website now shows the newer LRx series.

The TRU does 200w RMS at 4 ohms (with C & D channels bridged). The SRx is also going out -- It will be just the one TRU Steel44 for a looooong time to come. So I won't be using the SRx at all. I'm hoping the TRU will do a musically better job with the IDQ. I might have to switch back to a 1.2cu.ft. box to account for the lesser power, but I'll make that call after the install is done. I'm not a bass-head, and I just need enough bass to support the comps, so this may not be an issue.

Last edited by hydrashok : 9th September 2008 at 21:04.
Old 10th September 2008, 11:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

1. So you will be using the tru 4 channel as a 3 channel ?
  2. Are your speakers also 4 ohms ?
  3. How much power will the speakers be getting ?
  4. Since you still have the audisons lying around why dont you go active ?
  5. Also what are the differences between the various classes of amps i.e A,B,AB,D etc. ( are they more ?)
  6. What amp class is the tru ?
  7. What amp class are the audisons?
Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions but i feel the need to know

Edit: more questions :
how much power can your speakers and sub handle? (max power)

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 10th September 2008 at 11:54.
Old 10th September 2008, 11:52   #94
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Waiting for the final outcome.

Congrats Hydra.
Old 19th September 2008, 20:19   #95
Senior - BHPian

The STEEL is here!!!

I missed Cooldude's and PatiensWins' posts, sorry guys!

The install is happening as I type. I gave the car for the work today evening. I will be picking it up by 9.00PM. *does a back-flip*

What is going out:
- Audison SRx4 4-ch amp
- Audison LRx1.4 mono amp
- Connection Audison "First" RCAs.

What is going in:
- TRU Technologies TRU STEEL S44 4-ch amp.
- Connection Audison "Best" RCAs.

Some specs for the amp were posted by TOOL, with pics of the guts here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/800178-post13.html

The body of the amp has gone through a revision since the amps were first announced, and I have the new body - IMHO cleaner and more butch looking, with the heatsink bared.

To answer your Qs, @cooldude,
THis is an AB class amp. The amp will be used in 3-ch mode (2ch + mono). 65wRMS x 2 + 200wRMS x 1 (both, @4ohms). The ID XS comps will get 65w RMS per channel and the sub will get 200w RMS. The Specs from TRU's website:

ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-steel.jpg

While at the installer's I also caressed a TRU SSLD6 line driver (no more money, *sigh*) and a TRU STEEL S500 Mono (sighhhhhhhhh...).

Will post pics and first impressions soon!
Old 19th September 2008, 22:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

Balls of steel and wallet of silver/gold? Hehehe!!!

Initial impressions?
Old 19th September 2008, 22:58   #97
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Hydra-Shok. Waiting for the review.
Old 19th September 2008, 23:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

Congrats friend. Waiting for the review and pictures.
Old 20th September 2008, 03:02   #99

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

While at the installer's I also caressed a TRU SSLD6 line driver (no more money, *sigh*) and a TRU STEEL S500 Mono (sighhhhhhhhh...).
Heard the s500 mono on my setup.Very good control over the sub,and awesome kick from the sub.
And congrats on the S44,I would love to hear your setup someday!!
Old 20th September 2008, 03:22   #100
Senior - BHPian

wow!

injustice to your sub ?
Old 20th September 2008, 10:12   #101
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, @souljah, l_b_m, PatienceWins, hellspawn & JK!

I haven't spent a whole lot of time with the setup yet, from the time I've spent, but all of it is great. The install was completed at about 10.00PM yesterday. I spent about an hour and a half listening to the setup with Zuheimi. Then I spent another 2 hours or so listening to it at home. I got another hour in today morning. I threw most of my regular test tracks at it and I'm very happy with the results.

The HU has everything turned off and all the filtering has been done at the amp level. (I'm going to run things this way for some time).

It all sounds great. the depth or width of the soundstage is not a lot different (it was quite wide earlier, but not very deep), but there is a feeling/illusion of a lot of space behind where the singer and instruments are, and all around me. The sound feels very open and unrestricted, and very very clean. It is "clean", like a lot of noise was removed from what I listened to earlier. Listening feels so effortless, and it is like I could keep listening to music without a break till kingdom come.

The ID XS comps sound much much better -- they sing with more detail, "completeness" and "fullness". The kick is also much well-defined and deeper.

The IDQ sounds totally different. This was the most pleasant surprise. I was a bit (well, a lot) concerned about the sub-section, but I'm very relieved at the results. The amp matches very well with the IDQ. The IDQ kicks tighter and faster now and is much more musical. There is no perceptible loss of loudness either. It blends very well with the fronts without being overly I'm-here-don't-forget bassy. It more than serves my need of how my bass should be.

I'm not exaggerating here, yep, 200wRMS from the TRU is giving me better results SQ-wise, than the 350wRMS from the Audison LRx. Those who are familiar with my old setup will immediately notice the difference.

The state of tune of the ICE isn't really complete yet, and I will be getting that done over the next month. So I look forward to an even better listening experience than now.

I'm happy enough now, to say I'm done with upgrading my ICE for quite a bit of time to come. Really. I know, know... but I mean it this time. My wallet isn't unlimited, I'm married, and for a change, I'm actually very happy with what I have in the car now. OK, there is the matter of the need for an even better HU, but I think I will wait for sometime now, sit back and enjoy my ICE, without the thoughts for "more, more, more" keeping me from enjoying the TRUly wonderful setup I have now. Life is good.

I must thank Gunbir for getting the amp to me as fast as it arrived on these shores. And of course, for making me realise how much improvement the TRU would make to the investment I'd already made.

A lot of respect and thanks to Zuheimi, my installer, who set it all up for me, in just the way I wanted, and for worrying with me that the XS comps were not getting the power they really deserved. He and the folks at Emperor have helped out in getting this setup how it is now, in a lot of ways you folks wouldn't believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Heard the s500 mono on my setup.Very good control over the sub,and awesome kick from the sub.
Exactly what I felt here too! CONTROL is the word!

I'd love for you to check out the ICE, hellie! Anytime you are around! (I don't think the car and I will make it to N. Delhi ever).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
injustice to your sub ?
Actually not! Not at all! See above. And I'm in TVM for a few hours tomorrow (Sunday) 'noon. How about checking it out yourself?
Old 20th September 2008, 10:33   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I'm not exaggerating here, yep, 200wRMS from the TRU is giving me better results SQ-wise, than the 350wRMS from the Audison LRx.
Hate to say I told you so, but I did, didn't I?

Now I know you're wondering what 500w from the S500 sounds like... You'll find out soon enough wont you...
Old 20th September 2008, 10:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Good to know that it has come out well and you are happy with the setup. I would love to listen to your setup.

Do you notice any difference when the filtering is done at the amp level instead of HU? Do you like it without time allignment?

If I am getting serious ICE for any new car I would take the road you have taken. It makes sense to go for a good four channel for front sound stage instead of amp+mono combination. I think cost wise also, it would be cheaper.

No more upgrades. but you see need for a better HU.
Old 20th September 2008, 10:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
So according to you

s44 > id q450.4 > Ipaul ????
Old 20th September 2008, 12:25   #105
BHPian

LBM why are you hell bent on startign controversies and product/brnad bashing on everyones thread. We are all here to enjoy hydra's thread. I think if you want to start product comparisons start a thread in the " product discussions" thread.
No offence bro.

oh btw hydra.. congrats on the TRU...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks