Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2009, 12:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Karan Please do not mind but Mcintosh is not a joke. It is a very serious Audiophile HU. I would not be considering the HU till I am getting some serious amplifications like Audison thesis,vrx, Mcintosh itself, Sinfoni, Brax higher end series along with some good speakers like Scanspeak, Rainbow, Focal be, Morel and very serious cabling like VDH..... Till then the use of Mcintosh HU would be a waste.

And from my point of view I have not seen a single installer in India which can do justices to the above equipment till now. May be there might be some one in the lower part of India but no one in the north. Selling High end audio equipment is one thing and extracting all out of it is another. There are few Audiophile who are DIY to get max out of there install like out Zucchero Singh. His enthusiasm of geting the install done is impeccable. He has not finished his tweeter placement and axis till now as he is not satisfied with the results. This shows his patience and dedication for a perfect install. It does not matter how good looking it is but the final results would be wonderful that I am sure of.
when did i say that McIntosh is a joke and nor hxd2 is but some use them with some OK equipments which make them sound like crap,and for amps.speaker,cables there are many high end gears which will sound good with MC.

i don't know much about good installer but yes we have some good ones in India,you believe this or not.
Old 10th April 2009, 12:35   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Well there are installers in North India who DO such installs and you know it whether you like to admit it or not. It Just so happens that not all there installs make it to the forum. In fact only a very small percentage of there installs make it on the forum.
IMO they are amongst the best in the country. There installs are at par with any abroad ( having seen several SQ competitions abroad with equally exotic equipment as you have mentioned ).

Thanks SK for your kind words. But a little correction here. I am referring to my self and my level of satisfaction. I am not talking of whole of India. It is good that you are satisfied by your installer. But to me it is a just another install. Sorry but I am like this only. I am saying this as a listener/user point of view rather than a installer. I am not bragging that I am the best, but I do it for my enjoyment and a hobbie than a business. Hope you get my point. Thanks.

Like I said before making a install look good is another story and make it sound good is another.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 10th April 2009 at 12:41.
Old 10th April 2009, 12:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Like I said before making a install look good is another story and make it sound good is another.
what this means,i am not able to understand can you please .
Old 10th April 2009, 18:33   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Well there are installers in North India who DO such installs and you know it whether you like to admit it or not. It Just so happens that not all there installs make it to the forum. In fact only a very small percentage of there installs make it on the forum.
IMO they are amongst the best in the country. There installs are at par with any abroad ( having seen several SQ competitions abroad with equally exotic equipment as you have mentioned ).
I believe everyone would be dying to see those installs.
If the mods allow
Old 11th April 2009, 11:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
If the mods allow
If The mods allow, Thats the question. But yes I myself have seen and heard some installs, and they are truly in a different league all together.
Old 11th April 2009, 11:39   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If the mods allow
Lets be clear. TBHP is a non commercial forum. That means that installs made by professional installers cannot be showcased here as these installs would serve as an advertisement of the installer's capabilities.

However the owner of the install is free to post their install. The owner of the install must be a registered member of TBHP, must own and operate the installed car singularly, and must post the install themselves.

Lets not get into this discussion again ok?
Old 14th April 2009, 04:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not bragging that I am the best
The above statement and your signature are contradictory

But oh well to each his own!
Old 21st October 2009, 15:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

So Finally.......Which Headunit?

Hi all,

In am quest to find a good high end headunit, I have gone through the entire thread and the models I have come across frequently are the Pioneer P80/P880RS/8850/P800PRS & the Alpine 9887.

Eventhough there are alot of mixed reactions and suggestions about the above models, I have noticed that most have voted for the Alpine 9887 as compared to the Pioneers and mainly for its high Pre-Volt output, iPod ready features and time alignment. Hence I myself am inclined to the 9887.

However, I believe the availability of these headunits are also scarse so can anyone help me with where I can purchase the 9887 in Mumbai? I have also visited a website called Onlinecarstereo.Com - Wholesale Car Audio/Stereo Deals At Bargain Prices where I found the 9887 along with the iPod cable for $350 including shipping. Do check it out.
Old 21st October 2009, 15:30   #84
snoopy41

The alpine 9887 is the right choice,,try amol at reliable radio at lamington road,,near opera house,,he is in the lane just after that abondoned movie theater

Old 21st October 2009, 20:55   #85
Senior - BHPian

Usb ?

Out of 9887 / P800 RS / CD 7200 MK II / X693 / X993

Which all can read mp3's form a direct USB ?
Old 21st October 2009, 21:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

The X693, 993 and the 7200 do mp3/wma off usb.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

About the other 2 9887 don't have a option of USB, P800 can run almost all the formats through USB but needs a external adapter cost approx 4k.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:00   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The X693, 993 and the 7200 do mp3/wma off usb.
Frank, Any idea about the costing of 993 in India. I am looking for the same in Bangalore, but could not lay my hands on the same, even in grey
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:19   #89
Senior - BHPian

Lay your hands on the Eclipse 7200 and you will not be disappointed.
It's a really good HU.
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:50   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lay your hands on the Eclipse 7200 and you will not be disappointed.
It's a really good HU.
Abhinav,

Even I was looking at the Eclipse 7200 but I believe it cannot drive speakers directly as it does not have an internal amplifier and always needs an external one. So I was a little skeptical about that. Incase, God forbid, for some reason my amp fails, I will not have music at all. Im sure the reason is'nt good enough but it was just a thought.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks