Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 22:37   #1
BHPian

Pioneer FH-P6050UB 2DIN

Just for the heck of it I went to the Pioneer India website last night. There I found something listed as new which I did not see three weeks back when I was actively scouting for ICE. What I am getting at is the Pioneer FH-P6050UB 2DIN HU.

It's a neat looking HU. I would seriously like to learn more about it. Has anyone tried/used it? How's its performance, user friendliness and VFM?

I called up two Delhi Pioneer dealers today and none have it. The website does not have company contact form or number. Does anyone know the price?
Attached Images

Old 20th August 2008, 01:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just installed one today, sounds like any last year's pioneer head units, the eq features are little different from the normal line display based Pioneer 1Din players from the current lineup.
Sounds nice but performs like a player worth 8k it's 12k IMO is only for the looks.
Old 20th August 2008, 04:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

I was initially planning for this, but am skipping it because it only has 2 RCA pre-outs (selectable - front + rear/front + subwoofer). The FH-P8000BT has three.
Old 20th August 2008, 18:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Just installed one today, sounds like any last year's pioneer head units, the eq features are little different from the normal line display based Pioneer 1Din players from the current lineup.
Sounds nice but performs like a player worth 8k it's 12k IMO is only for the looks.
Any idea how much is FH-P8000BT currently in grey?
Old 20th August 2008, 20:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi could you please post some pictures of the install ? Also, do these double DINs have a detachable facia, in this case the Pioneer FH-P6050UB ?
Old 20th August 2008, 21:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Just installed one today, sounds like any last year's pioneer head units. Sounds nice but performs like a player worth 8k it's 12k IMO is only for the looks.
So, can I expect it to sound more or less the same as my current Pioneer P5090UB? So long as it does/will not sound worse than my current HU, I am still open to it because it will jazz up my dash board.
Old 20th August 2008, 22:24   #7
BHPian

blueraven,

On the net I found the following features listed:
  • Digital listening position selector
  • Time alignment
but the Indian website have no mention of it. Can you please confirm whether those two features are available? If yes, how useful is it?

More technical information on 'Digital listening position selector' and 'Time alignment' is also welcome.
Old 20th August 2008, 22:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Not really sure about Time alignment, but it sure sounds almost the same as the 5090 / 5050. Only thing is it does not have a pEQ, this one is frequency leve adjustment based. Sounds decent.
Old 20th August 2008, 22:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really sure about Time alignment, but it sure sounds almost the same as the 5090 / 5050. Only thing is it does not have a pEQ, this one is frequency leve adjustment based. Sounds decent.
So how would you rate this when you compare this withe the 2 DIN Alpine HUs?
Old 21st August 2008, 02:02   #10
BHPian

I am using one for the last 6weeks now. I had a factory fitted Kenwood OEM before (1 DIN). Replaced with this one and the performance difference was amazing. I m still on the stock speakers, but believe me, even the installer got surprised by speaker performance. I had a plan of moving to JBL Components, but after hearing the output, the installer himself suggested me to keep the speakers and just add a pair of JBL Tweeters if I want. So I did that for the front speakers. Check my Gallery for the pics.
Pros :
The precise control over sound. You will have a 7 band equalizer as in every set. Then a Bass boost with 5 steps which will be useful when you have a Sub attached. Bass boost ON / OFF is also provided. A a high pass filter to the front and rear speakers which starts from 50Hz is very useful to reduce THD from speakers by cutting out the Lows and feeding it only to the Subs.

You can turn off the display completely by pressing a DISP button, and it will come back to life only when u fiddle with any controls.And goes to sleep after few seconds until and unless you turn ON display by pressing DISP again. Its very useful in long night driving an and some of the occupants sleeping.

Direct Ipod control for the Ipod Lovers ( You will have to buy the Cable seperate)

Can play upto 160GB FAT32 formatted drives. Maximum File count is also specified but forgot the count. Iam sure it is big enough though(99999 if I am right).

Neat finish. Switches and controls are placed well.

Cons:
Controls buttons should have been bigger. They are hard to find sometime.

Diplay is Old Calculator types. Not grapics intensive like other HUs. But I feel that is the reason it costs less. Im ok woth the Display as long as it is clear and readable.

Its not playing my 40Gb USB HDD. Looks like power is not sufficient to drive the HDD. I will have to try some othe make HDD formatted in FAT32 for carrying my entire music. Needs some research here. (I dont want to use external power from the lighter port as I am using it for GPS ) So currently using 4 Gb Transend Memory stick.

Only 2 Preouts. Sub out is multiplexed with front(Selectable through Menu). So if you need a seperate sub , front and rear this is not the machine for you.

I have purchased it with bill,2 years warrenty and 1 year anti theft insurance for 13.5K in Banglaore (Autoshop Koramangala). It included the fitting charge as well. He was offering me 10.5K without bill and warrenty. Removing the Dash board panels is a big painful task and there is a big chance of breaking some locks. I just want to avoid removing it every time so I have attached an RCA cable and Remote Lead for Connecting my amp later.

Overall I feel its a Very good HU . True Value for money. Anyone want an audition in Bangalore let me know.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 21st August 2008 at 02:20.
Old 21st August 2008, 08:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Any idea how much is FH-P8000BT currently in grey?
Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
So how would you rate this when you compare this withe the 2 DIN Alpine HUs?
I am not sure about the SQ (haven't heard either), but the Alpines (atleast i searched out) looked kind of too bling-y for my taste. Anyone knows some model that looks kinda sober?
Old 21st August 2008, 16:58   #12
Senior - BHPian

The HU looks awesome and 10-12k is a great price for such a product.
Wouldn't mind picking this up if i get a good price for my P5000.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Will this fit comfortably in SWift VDi?
Old 21st August 2008, 18:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Will this fit comfortably in SWift VDi?
Ya I have seen it installed in one also.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:45   #15
WiZ

The Pak Indus Toyota site showed this HU as the Altis's OE i guess.

Most Viewed