Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 16:59   #16
BHPian

Btw, I haven't installed the filler yet. I am currently using the 2DIN dash from TKM. I plan to install it today. I could post pictures of my dash with both TKM 2DIN and custom Filler, if you would like to see the difference.
- Novice
Old 11th September 2008, 23:21   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Btw, I haven't installed the filler yet. I am currently using the 2DIN dash from TKM. I plan to install it today. I could post pictures of my dash with both TKM 2DIN and custom Filler, if you would like to see the difference.
- Novice
YES! Please post pictures.

I was going for the first option. I was told that the dash kit would include the new type AC grill which accomodates the 2DIN player perfectly. I certainly don't want something in black sticking out of the dash.

There are two parts to the Dash kit. One is the something like a 2DIN console box which goes in the location of the OEM player and fills the gaps in such a way you can install an aftermarket 2DIN or single DIN player.

Second is the AC grill which surrounds the player itself. That in the car right now is in the greenish beige tone. I was told both come together and would cost me around Rs.1200/- Now you see I could be wrong as I have ordered this part over the phone with Lanson Toyota in Chennai.

I kindly request you to post pictures of your dash so that I can make up my mind about how to fill the gaps. I was also suggested by some to get a leather wrapped piece of wood to fill the gaps on the sides. I wasn't too keen about it though.
Old 11th September 2008, 23:35   #18

Note from Support: Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

flipsyde best thing u can do is just change the dash kit which has trim ring along with the two console/support at back to hold the aftermarket dvd or headunit...as for the trim ring you can get it painted same as the wooden dash colour on dashboard...if u need any help plzz let me know....

Best option would be

You can go for the Corolla Double Din Dash Kit which includes trim ring along with console/support plates at the back which hold the aftermarket Headunit/DVD.

As for the Trim ring if you dont like it Black you can get it painted same colour as wooden so it perfectly blends with your dashboard.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th September 2008 at 20:43. Reason: Posts merged. See note
Old 12th September 2008, 15:26   #19
BHPian

Here are the pictures,

Dash with TKM 2DIN Console
ICE'ing my Corolla-tkm_2din_console.jpg

Dash with Original console with custom filler
ICE'ing my Corolla-original_console_with_filler.jpg

I am not sure what type of 2DIN console TKM offers now. Do check with your dealer if it looks something like the one in the first picture. If yes, I suggest don't use that one.

- Novice
Old 12th September 2008, 15:56   #20
BHPian

@Novice - Thanks a lot for those pics. I certainly don't want a Black AC grill. I was just wondering if I would get the same as the above in the standard dash colour.

Isn't the custom filler getting in the way of the HU's tilt function?? Also, if can you tell me if the two black bits (TKM Dash Kit) on the side of the HU are available separately??

EDIT : Are the ones circled in red available separately? If they are can I use them with my existing grill??
Attached Images

Last edited by flipsyde : 12th September 2008 at 15:59.
Old 12th September 2008, 16:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
Isn't the custom filler getting in the way of the HU's tilt function?? Also, if can you tell me if the two black bits (TKM Dash Kit) on the side of the HU are available separately??

EDIT : Are the ones circled in red available separately? If they are can I use them with my existing grill??
No...it doesn't interfere with the tilt functionality. Those side fillers(two black bits) are part of the TKM 2DIN kit. But those can't be used with the OE dash console, they go only with the black console kit.

I would prefer that custom filler also to be in the same color as dashboard, but unfortunately the one I installed is available only in black color.
Old 15th December 2013, 14:58   #22
BHPian

Need rear speaker covers for my 2004 Toyota Corolla

Hi!

I own a November 2004 Toyota Corolla H5. We have had it since new and have been very happy with it all throughout. Since it is parked out in the sun; over time, the rear speaker covers (stock plastic covers) have become brittle and have now broken. The material is more like powder now! Even though it is our spare car, I don't like the way the gaping holes in the speakers look.

I contacted the Toyota dealer (Topsel Toyota - Kolkata), and was told they will have to change the entire speaker rather than just replacing the covers. I am not willing to replace the whole speaker since they work just fine.

Could anyone here suggest where I may find what I'm looking for?

Mods - Please move thread to the appropriate section if it isn't relevant here. Thank you.
Old 18th December 2013, 18:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need rear speaker covers for my 2004 Toyota Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
... Even though it is our spare car, I don't like the way the gaping holes in the speakers look. ...
Buck up - this is a DIY job! One doesn't get spare grills anywhere. Or - maybe only in the junk markets.

Take out the speakers - they would be (most likely) fixed with 4 screws to the hat rack. Get some speaker grill cloth from the market. Wrap it around the speaker frame tightly, and glue it at the bottom to the frame using Fevicol SR (good old rubber solution). You may need to snip the edges a bit to get it fitting snugly around the curving frame.

If you don't get speaker grill cloth, use your imagination - black dupatta cloth or loose-weave thick curtain cloth ...

Old 24th April 2016, 10:24   #24
BHPian

Budget audio config on Corolla

Hello,

I have a 04 Corolla on which the stock HU is able to play only radio as CD player tends to skip.

So decided for a decent audio build, started acquiring components for a new system.

Presently I have the Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU, I wanted to get other premium components but due to unexpected expenses the audio build is on hold for sometime.

In the meantime can I use the 80PRS with stock speakers till I go ahead with the build ? My concern is that in the manual its clearly written do not use speakers less than 50w & 1-3 Ohm impedance. Corolla speakers seem to be 4-6 Ohm types but wattage is unknown. Its probably not much.

Any temporary low expense suggestion is welcome, as I'll go for the best build later on. I'd like to use the Pioneer HU as it's also loaded with lot of in car features that the ancient OEM hu doesn't have.

Thanks
-Xeno
Old 24th April 2016, 11:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Budget audio config on Corolla

You can use the HU with stock speakers. FYI my tweeters are hooked to the HU directly.

Make sure the HU is not in network mode.

Also disable all enhancements like Loud etc. ( cant remember if any other settings like bass boost are present since i have used my HU only in network mode)

Dont crank the volume too high.

As long as you take the above precautions you are good to go.
Old 24th April 2016, 22:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
You can use the HU with stock speakers. FYI my tweeters are hooked to the HU directly.

Make sure the HU is not in network mode.

Also disable all enhancements like Loud etc. ( cant remember if any other settings like bass boost are present since i have used my HU only in network mode)

Dont crank the volume too high.

As long as you take the above precautions you are good to go.
Thank you !

Yes I'll not at loud volumes, I just hope I'll not screw with the HU because of nearly average OEM speakers. Will the wiring need to be changed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks