Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 22:08   #1
BANNED

Palio MJD Illusionised and powered by JBL

Hi Guys,
Finally after two months of buying my new car I took the first plunge to get my Baby ICEed. After reading through various posts here I settled for Illusion for my ICE.
And who else to I turn to other than our own BlueRaven. I called him up just two days back to inquire about his availability on this week end and he asked me to come over. I had some trouble reaching his place in Cambridge layout but thankfully he sent his boys to fetch me from where I was lost. I reached his shop at around 12.30 pm and he went though some preliminaries like what kind of music I listened and I also auditioned his car- a zen fully loaded which thumps away blissfully.
Well, his opinion was that I go for either Bostons or Illusion and I picked Illusions. Unfortunately he didn't have the front components but only the rear co-axes. So he tried calling up ajay and was telling me that he has some problem sourcing the Illusions. What Gunbir saab Illusions ka kuch short supply chal raha hain kya?
I asked blueraven to go ahead and put in the wiring and co-ax anyways. So the work started and his boys went to work with drills, cutters and cables.
I had already procured the Alpine 9886 from US and had taken that along. So the work went tick-tock and they laid the RCA and power wiring cables neatly and fixed the HU and drilled some holes and mounted the 6.5" co-ax in the front with some spacers provided. On the boot side went the JBL 4 channel Amp to power the speakers. My setup for the present will consist of the front components and the rear co-axs as I need the boot space. The sub will come sometime later when I gather some $$ and can live with less boot space. The Amp was chosen to also account for the Sub to be added in the future.
The rain gods held today and with plenty of sunshine the work got done by around 5pm. Satya did the tuning and the we tested it and the music sounded clean and pure though I had to ramp up the volume to get a good sub effect. But mind you that the co-ax is sitting in the front instead of the rear so the sound audition is not done properly until I complete the picture with the front components.
So the present setup goes like this-
Illusion electra 6.2 co-axials- Rs.3900
JBL GT5-A604 4ch AMP - Rs.7000
RCA and power cables - Rs.2,200
Labour- Rs.1,100

Total damages Rs.14,200 + HU cost.
I have to go back again when the Illusion compos for the front become available.
So Gunbirji how long would you make me wait,

Ofcourse I have taken some pics of the install but cannot upload now as as I left my camera at blueravens place

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2020 at 08:45. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd August 2008, 22:54   #2
BHPian

I think you are mistaken,Gunbir does not represent illusion, LBM does
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:04   #3
BHPian

Congrats Zaks!
Get the compos as soon as possible,comps sound way better then co-ax.
I hope it's not joke:-Gunbir and illusion......
and somehow Ajay is also mentioned.

Anyways cheers for music.
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

LBM represents for North I think, It's ajay from Hermit Audio for South.
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations,zaks. Nice setup there.
Btw, Ajay = Bass&Trouble . Not Gunbir.
Can we have pics of equipment and install please?
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

I was surprised as you have mentioned both Gunbir and Ajay.
Pictures please.
Old 24th August 2008, 17:03   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats!!

I was surprised as you have mentioned both Gunbir and Ajay.
Pictures please.
Oh sory for the confusion guys yeah it's mister LBM but funny I don't know why I thought it was Gunbir.
Oh yes I do have the pics but they are all locked up in the camera at blueravens place, sorry but I will not have time until a few days to go get that.
Ok so it's Ajay then, ok but why this short supply I don't understand. Would I have to switch to some other brand due to this problem ?

Last edited by zaks : 24th August 2008 at 17:04.
Old 24th August 2008, 17:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi zaks!

Yes, you are right. Little shortage. Should be over this week. Will send across a set to BR asap. Sorry for the trouble!
Old 24th August 2008, 22:29   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
It's ajay from Hermit Audio for South.
1. I could swear Ajay aka B&T lives in Mumbai i.e. West
2. I thought Hermit is Illusion's distributor for India. LBM is a dealer for Delhi/HCR/Punjab/Hayana and neighbouring states.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Oh sory for the confusion guys yeah it's mister LBM but funny I don't know why I thought it was Gunbir.
True love cannot be hidden for long
Old 25th August 2008, 07:44   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Hi zaks!

Yes, you are right. Little shortage. Should be over this week. Will send across a set to BR asap. Sorry for the trouble!
Fantastic , thanks LBM I knew I wouldn't be let down.
BTW my HU isn't locking into FM properly and it fades repeatedly. Do I need an antenna?
Old 25th August 2008, 09:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Zaks, so it was you getting your Palio ICE'd on Saturday afternoon? Damn.. should have talked to you.

I was there too in my Palio S10 :-)

Satya was mentioning that you left your camera & parcel tray there :-(

Enjoy the ICE mate.

Cheers
Old 25th August 2008, 11:16   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Zaks, so it was you getting your Palio ICE'd on Saturday afternoon? Damn.. should have talked to you.

I was there too in my Palio S10 :-)

Satya was mentioning that you left your camera & parcel tray there :-(

Enjoy the ICE mate.

Cheers
Thanks Gill, nitrous. I will posting the pics soon.
Khan yeah, that was my black palio and was it your cute yellow S10 standing there then. There were a many people around and one more guy from Tbhp having his i-10 iced with JBL's. blueraven was in great demand that day, lots of business for him . I forgot my camera and parcel tray will probably be there next saturday to complete my setup as LBM has promised me Illusions, no pun
Old 25th August 2008, 11:23   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Khan yeah, that was my black palio and was it your cute yellow S10 standing there then. There were a many people around and one more guy from Tbhp having his i-10 iced with JBL's. blueraven was in great demand that day, lots of business for him . I forgot my camera and parcel tray will probably be there next saturday to complete my setup as LBM has promised me Illusions, no pun

Yes, that was my S10 waiting to get a re-install after your Palio. I also would be at Satya's place this Saturday again for fine-tuning setup but will be in Pondy for the T-BHP drive. So will visit him later.

So LBM promising 'illusions' for you. That's a nice one.
Old 25th August 2008, 17:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks
DUUUUDE!

Ajay = Bass&Trouble (B&T) ,Mumbai, Chief of Hermit Audio,Illusion Audio distributor for India
Raghvinder = LBM (Low_Bass_Maker),Faridabad (regional Illusion Audio guy)
Gunbir = Gunbir ,Delhi ,Chief of BBW, distributors for Hertz,Image Dynamics,Rainbow,Audison,etc.

If you don't get my explanation, Im telling Satya to not give your digicam back.

Most Viewed