Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 02:17   #1

Swift+JBL

Now usually, you will never see me anywhere around this section as neither do i have or need a Music System in my Fiats. But a friend of mine recently came to me askin for help on what to get for his brand new swift. I asked him to wait for a while, but being a bawa, he was imatient and put something nonetheless!! Here is what he has put.

Some Pioneer HU
JBL Sub..For dhinchak sound..
JBL AMP..For Bling Bling factor..
JBL front+rear speakers..So that when you turn your car on, people magically start singing in your car and their voices come from these little oval things in the back!!

As you all have already seen, I am NOT a ICE guy..Never was..never will be. For me, ice is what you get from a freezer to make your drink cold!! Or in Parsi lagans, what the man saying "ich ich" comes and puts in your mangola or razbery to ruin its taste... BUTT I immensely enjoy music though and volutarily messed about with his setup until he got Max Bass.

Swift+JBL-dsc02835.jpg
Swift+JBL-dsc02836.jpg
Swift+JBL-dsc02838.jpg
Swift+JBL-dsc02839.jpg
Swift+JBL-dsc02840.jpg
Swift+JBL-dsc02841.jpg
Swift+JBL-dsc02842.jpg

Also, i know that when Sam sees JBL equipped cars, he wets himself..So Sam..Keep them tissues ready..
(case in point... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-surprise.html )

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 25th August 2008 at 02:19.
Old 25th August 2008, 07:48   #2
BANNED

Hi Cyrus, this looks to be a nice setup but you haven't shown the components.
Old 25th August 2008, 12:38   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Now usually, you will never see me anywhere around this section as neither do i have or need a Music System in my Fiats. But a friend of mine recently came to me askin for help on what to get for his brand new swift. I asked him to wait for a while, but being a bawa, he was imatient and put something nonetheless!! Here is what he has put.

Some Pioneer HU
JBL AMP..For Bling Bling factor..
JBL front+rear speakers..So that when you turn your car on, people magically start singing in your car and their voices come from these little oval things in the back!!
This is the funniest description I have ever heard on the forum. Those little oval things are the new GTO938. Can your friend put up a review or a listening experience? I am dying to hear a real-world layman comment on these new babies. They have a new sound.

All I get is a mad bawa saying things like Dhinchak and Bling Bling.
Quote:

As you all have already seen, I am NOT a ICE guy..Never was..never will be.
Oh we know Cyrus. We've noticed.

Quote:
Or in Parsi lagans, what the man saying "ich ich" comes and puts in your mangola or razbery to ruin its taste...
hahahaha ich ich hahahaha that is hilarious but true. And if you WANT ice you have to first push all the nice Parsee uncles away from the bar to reach the steel drum.
The Uncles won't stray far the source of Whiskey and Wafers.

Then they get drunk and talk to you.
You know beta, this is a pag. (sic) (Showing 1 finger wrapped around the bottom of a glass)
This is a Patiala pag (Now showing 2 fingers wrapped around the glass)
And this is a Parsee PAG, (4 fingers wrapped around half a glass of neat Whiskey.) hahaha.

God I miss going to a Parsee lagan. Cyrus, tell Behram uncle to find a nice girl who will tolerate you and then we are in business.

We will put lots of flowers on your left hand drive Fiat.

Quote:
I volutarily messed about with his setup until he got Max Bass.
Oh God. Poor fellow, lol.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 25th August 2008 at 12:39.
Old 25th August 2008, 14:33   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
This is the funniest description I have ever heard on the forum. Those little oval things are the new GTO938. Can your friend put up a review or a listening experience? I am dying to hear a real-world layman comment on these new babies. They have a new sound.

All I get is a mad bawa saying things like Dhinchak and Bling Bling.
My friend has no idea about "listening experience" he plays his music and thats that. Also, what does the chintu button in the centre do? does the sound get louder or something? Also, there are some knobs on the AMP, what are they for?? How do you tune this Damn thing!!!

Quote:

hahahaha ich ich hahahaha that is hilarious but true. And if you WANT ice you have to first push all the nice Parsee uncles away from the bar to reach the steel drum.
The Uncles won't stray far the source of Whiskey and Wafers.

Then they get drunk and talk to you.
You know beta, this is a pag. (sic) (Showing 1 finger wrapped around the bottom of a glass)
This is a Patiala pag (Now showing 2 fingers wrapped around the glass)
And this is a Parsee PAG, (4 fingers wrapped around half a glass of neat Whiskey.) hahaha.
You are wrong, A parsee "PAG" is when you have a wafer on one hand and a bottle of whisky in another and you start talking about sisters, mothers..and other "typically parsee" words!! Also, you have to comment on all the "maylus" (not mallus) in the function.

Quote:

God I miss going to a Parsee lagan. Cyrus, tell Behram uncle to find a nice girl who will tolerate you and then we are in business.

We will put lots of flowers on your left hand drive Fiat.
Dad finding a girl for me..No baba..Better off with my cars then. But, If i do get married eventually..You guys will be one of the first people to know!! If teamBHP is still well and going and the Net hasnt desimated or something!! And if we all survive the 2012 end of the world syndrome!!

Also, Just to piss you off, i will make sure the music there is playing though boxes with BOSE or something written on them!!
And then dhinchak dhinchak time!!!!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 25th August 2008 at 14:35.
Old 25th August 2008, 17:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
a wafer on one hand and a bottle of whisky in another and you start talking about sisters, mothers..
This is a proper Delhi Team-bhp meet,man.
Old 26th August 2008, 01:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
OT:This is a proper Delhi Team-bhp meet,man.
Been having nightmares kya Nitrous?
Old 26th August 2008, 10:36   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Also, i know that when Sam sees JBL equipped cars, he wets himself..
The JBL sub will only create the "DIN' for the "CHAK" you need Pioneer TS20 tweeters!

I did not know Sam cries when he sees JBL equipped cars. All the photos I have seen of him show him with a big smile with a gleam in his eye that says "loook at me, I'm in heaven".

Cyrus, whenever I think of Parsee food I remember the Victory Stall near the old Apollo Pier. Best Dhan-sak (not Din-chak) outside that of a Parsee home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Sam why wait for uncle Behram, do the deed yourself, you have enough Parsee friends.

Wait! I know a few single Parsee girls myself. Cyyyruss! Cyyyrusss! Where are you? Stop Hiding! :-)

Patra ni Machi, Chicken Farcha, Dhan-sak, Papri Gosh, Masoor Jaban, Choras nu Paya.. my mouth is watering already!
Old 26th August 2008, 12:43   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The JBL sub will only create the "DIN' for the "CHAK" you need Pioneer TS20 tweeters!

I did not know Sam cries when he sees JBL equipped cars. All the photos I have seen of him show him with a big smile with a gleam in his eye that says "loook at me, I'm in heaven".

Cyrus, whenever I think of Parsee food I remember the Victory Stall near the old Apollo Pier. Best Dhan-sak (not Din-chak) outside that of a Parsee home.

Sam why wait for uncle Behram, do the deed yourself, you have enough Parsee friends.

Wait! I know a few single Parsee girls myself. Cyyyruss! Cyyyrusss! Where are you? Stop Hiding! :-)

Patra ni Machi, Chicken Farcha, Dhan-sak, Papri Gosh, Masoor Jaban, Choras nu Paya.. my mouth is watering already!

I am right here boss!! HAve never seen a more OT thread..Maybe we should name it "the Official hooking up Cyrus Thread!!" Criteria for hook up- They should be below 20!!

Now coming back to the topic, Can anyone tell me what those knobs in the AMP do??

p.s.-Sam doesnt cry...He wets himself in the other way..you know!! the kind you need tissues for!!

Who ever hooks me up gets to eat twice at my wedding!! AND Also gets to eat my moms legendary Dhansak!!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 26th August 2008 at 12:45.
Old 26th August 2008, 22:22   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now coming back to the topic, Can anyone tell me what those knobs in the AMP do??
The amp looks like a GT5-604
http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/CAR/Ow...4OM19Mar08.pdf

I can only assume that 2 channels are bridged to drive the sub and the other 2 are driving the front speakers.

I would recomend that the rear 2 channels be bridged to drive the sub so you can avail of the 50Hz bass boost to create a lot of DIN.

for the front channels there are 3 controls (6, 7, & 8 in above manual)
1. input level (set this to between 50% and 70% - btween noon and 2 o'clock)
2. Crossover frequency (set this to between 60-80Hz between 10am and 11am)
3. a 3 position switch - let this to HP

for the rear (subwoofer) channels there are 4 controls the above 3 as well as a bass boost

1. input level and crossover frequency same as above
2. 3 position switch to LP
3. Bass boost set to minimum for now. Use this only if the bass control on the HU does not fulfill your desire.
Old 27th August 2008, 09:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

My God! This was the simplest explanantion I could EVER imagine off Navin! :-)
Old 27th August 2008, 12:16   #11

@navin..I dint get a word..But ok..I will see what i can do..but according to me, DIN is shortform for a chicks name(Dinaz) and LP is LP640..and this-

Quote:
for the front channels there are 3 controls (6, 7, & 8 in above manual)
1. input level (set this to between 50% and 70% - btween noon and 2 o'clock)
2. Crossover frequency (set this to between 60-80Hz between 10am and 11am)
3. a 3 position switch - let this to HP
Just gets naughty thoughts to my head..

@pamky, you coudnt have put it better!!

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 27th August 2008 at 12:20.
Old 27th August 2008, 16:21   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@navin..DIN is shortform for a chicks name(Dinaz) and LP is LP640..
in which case the settings wont make any difference to you. :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks