Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 05:59   #1
BHPian

Swift ICE Upgrade

Gurus,

I have a setup comprising JVC-AVX2, Hertz DSK 165 , JBL GTO 937 ,Kenwood 8401, Pioneer GM-7200M(Mono Amp) and One Pioneer 306DVC in Sealed Enclosure.

I am not getting the Quality of Sound that this Setup Should achieve as the Bass is not appropriate. Could you please Let me know the Upgrades that should be done so as to match the quality with components here
E.g. Subs, Amplifiers and HU Particularly
Old 26th August 2008, 10:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

There is nothing inherently wrong with your equipment, other than the sub / sub box *maybe* (likely to give loose undefined bass).

The problem may be with tuning. First decide what is it that you are finding dissatisfying - listen to a variety of vocal and instrumental music to pinpoint the deficiencies (however best you can). Get together with the Delhi / NCR guys and listen to the same music in their setups, and they can also comment on what is missing in your setup.

Don't go by "Brand A is better than Brand B" or "Brand X will solve all your problems" - knowing the deficiencies accurately will permit you to search for the right replacement. Definitely ID, GZ, JBL, Infinity and such subs (without comparing the relative merits and demerits) will improve your bass perception - but take the plunge only when YOU are sure.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

From where did you got the install done.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

I too find nothing wrong with the list of equipment there. Since you mentioned lack of bass, as DerAlte said the problem is likely to be with the box. Sealed boxes are pretty much forgiving, but maybe the box is very much off the mark, or maybe leaking. It could also be with the overall tuning not being to your taste.

Also, since you mentioned bass, and since this is in a Swift, is the problem that the body/plastic panels start rattling when you increase volume? Is it that you are having to turn the volume substantially down to stop the rattling?

I think that a proper tuning session at your installers' should set things right, rather than your spending more money on upgrades.

Could you post some pics of the install?
Old 26th August 2008, 17:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
From where did you got the install done.
Got The Install Done from Driven

The Guys did a great jpb but according to them the only Chink in the Armor is Sub and HU which does not have necessary tuning options
Old 26th August 2008, 18:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I too find nothing wrong with the list of equipment there. Since you mentioned lack of bass, as DerAlte said the problem is likely to be with the box. Sealed boxes are pretty much forgiving, but maybe the box is very much off the mark, or maybe leaking. It could also be with the overall tuning not being to your taste.

Also, since you mentioned bass, and since this is in a Swift, is the problem that the body/plastic panels start rattling when you increase volume? Is it that you are having to turn the volume substantially down to stop the rattling?

I think that a proper tuning session at your installers' should set things right, rather than your spending more money on upgrades.

Could you post some pics of the install?
The Box has been provided by Driven only and the its completely sealed and is a perfect fit. The Body panels problem is there due to rattling.The Woofer makes the most . I was thinking of DIY Sound deadening . What Material do you all recommend with prices if possible.

I will post the pics as soon as possible. Waitin to test my DSLR over that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
There is nothing inherently wrong with your equipment, other than the sub / sub box *maybe* (likely to give loose undefined bass).

The problem may be with tuning. First decide what is it that you are finding dissatisfying - listen to a variety of vocal and instrumental music to pinpoint the deficiencies (however best you can). Get together with the Delhi / NCR guys and listen to the same music in their setups, and they can also comment on what is missing in your setup.

Don't go by "Brand A is better than Brand B" or "Brand X will solve all your problems" - knowing the deficiencies accurately will permit you to search for the right replacement. Definitely ID, GZ, JBL, Infinity and such subs (without comparing the relative merits and demerits) will improve your bass perception - but take the plunge only when YOU are sure.

i tried and played different kinda of music and found that midbass is missing and Low bass is not clear. The Vocals are handled exceptionally well by DSK 165's and are clear too along with High frequencies

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th August 2008 at 14:44. Reason: See Note in Post
Old 27th August 2008, 13:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

How much did you pay for the DSK 165?
Old 27th August 2008, 13:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
... midbass is missing ... The Vocals are handled exceptionally well by DSK 165's and ...
No, not enough reason for an HU change - there would be enough rudimentary control on the frequency response to correct the mid-bass. Neither the JVC nor the DSK is weak in that area. Try nudging the mid-bass (you will at least have a bass setting).

As far as the sub is concerned, what would have sounded good enough for you when you heard it first, is unlikely to impress perpetually - a sign of maturing tastes (don't tell it to your GF or W).
Old 27th August 2008, 14:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

The equipment is ok, there must be some major tunning, wiring (polarity) issue.

If you dropping by to Fbd. PM in advance, I will help you tune it.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
How much did you pay for the DSK 165?
I paid 5800 for DSK 165 it was about 6-7 months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, not enough reason for an HU change - there would be enough rudimentary control on the frequency response to correct the mid-bass. Neither the JVC nor the DSK is weak in that area. Try nudging the mid-bass (you will at least have a bass setting).

As far as the sub is concerned, what would have sounded good enough for you when you heard it first, is unlikely to impress perpetually - a sign of maturing tastes (don't tell it to your GF or W).

Well i agree bhai its a sign of maturing taste but i think i will have to do something about it .. Right. But i have eyes on IDQ12 or IDQ 10 or GroundZero. Which is a better SUb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
The equipment is ok, there must be some major tunning, wiring (polarity) issue.

If you dropping by to Fbd. PM in advance, I will help you tune it.
Bro Thanks a lot. i too feel it needs some tuning .Bhai i would be out to Mumbai this weekend. Next week i may be able to come. Can you just PM me your Number so that i can get in touch.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
Well i agree bhai its a sign of maturing taste but i think i will have to do something about it.. Right. But i have eyes on IDQ12 or IDQ 10 or GroundZero. Which is a better SUb?
Whichever YOU like more. Eventually it's your taste / preference that matters.

As for tuning the setup, I suggest another trip to DRIVEN. I usually visit DRIVEN on Sunday, I will gladly tune it for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks