Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 14:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Any help guys?? Running outta time
mate better ask this q in the Audio section to get good responses.
Old 31st October 2008, 14:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

none of us have laid our hands on the indica vista. we're waiting for the reports to come in. shortbread, looks like you'll have to be the guinea pig

do let us know what you find out
Old 9th January 2009, 20:10   #33
BHPian

How does Vista Aur ICE sound? Does it have thump?
What kind of additions will make this ICE as a perfect one? I mean which amplifier and Speakers? My Budget is 10k in which I could get Amplifier and JBL GTO 938 for rear. Which amplifier I should go for? Right now I am not thinking of SUB but in future I might.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:10   #34
BHPian

Which position is the best for rear speakers? in a Parcel Tray or in Doors?
Old 9th January 2009, 23:17   #35
BHPian

If youre upgrading from the factory setup, get a decent set of front components and an amp for 10K. You can add rear speakers later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
How does Vista Aur ICE sound? Does it have thump?
What kind of additions will make this ICE as a perfect one? I mean which amplifier and Speakers? My Budget is 10k in which I could get Amplifier and JBL GTO 938 for rear. Which amplifier I should go for? Right now I am not thinking of SUB but in future I might.
Quote:
Old 9th January 2009, 23:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyday its rear doors. Parcel trays dont really make a good place for speakers since they are not permanently fixed.
Old 12th January 2009, 10:33   #37
BHPian

What is size of speakers that can fit into Vista doors? I found that Vista has fairly good HU but very bad speakers. I want to change these speakers as early as possible. Please suggest me some door speakers which can have very good thump.
Old 16th April 2009, 16:13   #38
BHPian

Indica Vista ICE

Hello Gurus

My brother in Law has bought an Indica Vista and i wud be responsible for ICE

He is not interested in Amps or Woofers but wants components and Coaxial along with a decent HU.

The budget for HU and Components is ~10k

I would be giving him my car coaxial GTO 937

Could you please suggest an HU

from Kenwood and Panasonic or alpine which would come around 5-6k

and Components for around 4-5k

Thanks in advance
Old 16th April 2009, 17:31   #39
BHPian

Well Piyush,
You can go for -
1) Kenwood HU - 5039/5539 for 5k (grey)
2) Compo - Under 5k only decent option is JBL GTO 608c - 4k, if you can stretch the budget by 1-2k, you may look at Bull/Illusion/MTX/Focal/Morel/DLS Components too.
Old 16th April 2009, 21:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Well Piyush,
You can go for -
1) Kenwood HU - 5039/5539 for 5k (grey)
2) Compo - Under 5k only decent option is JBL GTO 608c - 4k, if you can stretch the budget by 1-2k, you may look at Bull/Illusion/MTX/Focal/Morel/DLS Components too.
Thanks for the recommendation.

I was also interested in Panasonic HU . Can we compare them to Kenwood.

What would be the base model in Illusion/Bull cost.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:24   #41
BHPian

No experience with Panasonic HU so far. Availability & A.S.S. in Delhi/NCR is a issue for Panasonic (The ICE products of Panasonic are largely ditributed in Mumbai last heard) You may PM chiragh_bir for Panasonic HU review. He spent a fair time choosing the HU and finalised Panasonic.
Bull Components last heard was available at 5.5k whereas Illusion Electra goes for 6.5-7k.
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend here wants a budget ICE for his Vista.

I have suggested him the following:

Pio 1190 /Kenny3043 HU[/list]
If you insist on buying with B&W, get the kenwood. else get a 210/grey Pio HU
Quote:
GT5-502 coaxes in the front doors
you'll need a spacer or two.
Quote:
GTO938/937 on MDF tray in rear
suggest the 938 between the two. the 937 is phased out/exists as the 947
Quote:
Also,does the Vista have a provision for 6.5" in the rear door?Would this be better than no.3 above since teh boot would be undisturbed?
doubt it. Its hard enough to fit a 5"er in the front. I doubt you can fit 6 in the back.

Ovals in the back are the better option. see if you can mount them on the rear hatch door instead of the tray
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:08   #43
BHPian

hi folks, where can one find grey ICE stuff in delhi. if u recommend karol bagh, pls mention the shop name too.

thanks
SINGH
Old 23rd January 2010, 14:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
hi folks, where can one find grey ICE stuff in delhi. if u recommend karol bagh, pls mention the shop name too.

thanks
SINGH
Ashoka Car Accessories.. Main road connecting Pusa Road roundabout and Bikanerwala.
Old 7th February 2010, 16:19   #45
BHPian

My Indi Vista - ICE!

Hi Folks!

I've been off the grid lately, but again when there's annoyance at the doors, I know only one arena of gurus to bang at!
I've been in my Indica Vista Aura (QJet) for the past 3 months now, and am decently happy with the car's provided (new/changed) HU along with the 6 speaker setup, however, it was just okay.. Nothing greatly amazing.

So, being a rythm lover I had to get it pimped up. Of course, being a budget buyer, I had to consider only low-mid range options..
Here's the summary now-
Step 1: Kept the OE Blaupunkt HU (without the USB/Aux), added Pioneer 6993 speakers (Rs. 3100) = happy with the sound.
Step 2: Craving for more (bass & detail) went for a Blaupunkt 12" Bass Tube with an Alpine 4-channel amp, and with the JBL cable-component set(Rs. 2500+Rs. 3400+1400) = much better!
Step 3: Too much base pushed me to get some treble balancing solution; got a TS-S20. = much much better! happy now, thought this was all!

ISSUE -> started getting a *hiss* sound and minor attenuation with electric on/off blips (whenever usin a switch of brake, etc) :(

Still trying to find a solution, and finally my audio guy tweaked it by reducing output through the AMP, and changing RCA points to different channels, and changing a couple of cables.. but still not gone a 100%.

Finally he says that the way he's got my setup hooked up to the HU is more or less a "jugaad" since the OE HU itself doesn't have an RC cable out options and due to which it'll never be a 100% amazing output. So he suggests a final step to upgrade the HU.

Now, my perplexity:
1. Could it really be an issue with the OE HU not being able to deliver best? I mean, I do want a new one with the Aux In / USB options as well, so can try that, but would it take care of the issue of noise/hiss?
2. I've drilled down on 2 options, trying to keep my pocket burn less than 10k now - so help decide :-
Pioneer 6050 FH-P6050UB or Kenwood 5110 Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | 2DIN Receivers | DPX-MP5110U

Any other suggestions / help is much appreciated

Thanks & Best,
Jas

Last edited by bblost : 8th February 2010 at 11:21. Reason: Removed extra smiley. Please note, smiley usage is restricted to 2 per post. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks