Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 16:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

3.4k for an alpine 4 ch amp seems suspiciously cheap, does it look like this ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post328212
Old 7th February 2010, 17:02   #47
BHPian

LoL.. yes, I thought adding quotes around Alpine. I figured that could be a source of the issues, but I changed amps too, and output wise there didn't seem to be any difference. I'm happy with it right now, so going along, else I'll probably shift to something better there too. :P
Old 8th February 2010, 00:02   #48
BHPian

I hope I don't need to raise a separate thread for this.. But I also wanted some help on a decent Amp too.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:55   #49

ICE for Indica Vista Aura

Guys,
have booked a Vista Aura Saffire and would be getting delivery of it by this weekend.But for the past 1 month I have been a silent listener to what is going on in this forum and found to my dismay that there are'nt many threads on Vista.( dont know if the Vista owners think Vista is not a car that can be ICED)Well, I'm not one of them certainly.

My requirement from my ICE is SQ and SQ alone.

I listen to Indian Music and nothing else.

My budget is 35K.

Out of this I have already procured Alpine CDA-117 HU from the US @ 11500 INR.
I already have a Alpine Sub from my previous car.
So I'm thinking of comps for the front and a 4-channel amp.Am thinking of having no rear speakers at all or to just leave the stock speakers that come with the Aura.
Would be happy if You guys come up with a suitable config for me.
Thanks
Aravind.
Old 14th October 2012, 18:37   #50
BHPian

Vista Music System Frame

Hey Guys,
I have been driving my Vista for three years and last month my music system conked off. It is the integrated one, which used to come with top models. I tried to repair it but repair costs are coming to be too high and since it does not have USB support, I decided to put a new one. As the company provided one is too expensive I thought of putting from the market. Finding new system is easy but to my surprise finding the frame to fit it in is becoming quite a task. I have checked with some of the shops but not body has any clue about the right frame for the Vistas which come with integrated music systems. Please help me in the getting this particular frame from somewhere in Mumbai.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:29   #51
BHPian

Re: Vista Music System Frame

Have you tried checking in the classifieds in TBHP? Try with the Car Accessory shops and with the TATA dealers. They do keep the stock stuff of some buyer who has changed the entire unit. You can get a good deal on a decent piece.
Old 15th October 2012, 01:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
Hey Guys,
I have been driving my Vista for three years and last month my music system conked off. It is the integrated one, which used to come with top models. I tried to repair it but repair costs are coming to be too high and since it does not have USB support, I decided to put a new one. As the company provided one is too expensive I thought of putting from the market. Finding new system is easy but to my surprise finding the frame to fit it in is becoming quite a task. I have checked with some of the shops but not body has any clue about the right frame for the Vistas which come with integrated music systems. Please help me in the getting this particular frame from somewhere in Mumbai.
Can you please mention the year and model of your vista. If possible, a photograph of the current centre console with the system will be great.
Old 16th October 2012, 09:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Can you please mention the year and model of your vista. If possible, a photograph of the current centre console with the system will be great.
Photograph is difficult but it is 2009 Quadrajet top model (Aura), which came with integrated system but had no bluetooth/USB support.
Old 16th October 2012, 10:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Photograph is difficult but it is 2009 Quadrajet top model (Aura), which came with integrated system but had no bluetooth/USB support.
Please check. I have p'med you for some details.
Old 16th October 2012, 11:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Please check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ification.html

where I have put pictures of Clarion ICE which came with 2008-2009 Vista. There are pictures of central control disassembling also. If yours is same then it is the easiest job for you. Get new headunit which will be single din and get dummy din installed. That's it. Double din Head unit will be direct Fit.
Old 16th October 2012, 13:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Please check. I have p'med you for some details.
If you have a music system (with or without bluetooth) like this:

ICE upgrade : Tata Indica Vista-1311562847_232037714_6indicavistaquadrajetauraforsaleindia.jpeg

You need to replace existing centre console with TM Part No. 287168900156AK or 287168900156AL depending on the color of the current console.

ICE upgrade : Tata Indica Vista-untitled.jpgICE upgrade : Tata Indica Vista-86296_20120925013623208_300x225.jpeg

The part costs approximately 1500 bucks and can be ordered from your nearest TASC. If you want, you can also order blank single DIN boxes if you plan to add only a single DIN system.

Do let me know of any development.

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 16th October 2012 at 13:59.
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 15:41   #57
BHPian

Yes, It is similar to this one but without Bluetooth support. Thanks for the info, I'll try to inquire about the same in TASC and update you guys about the developments.
Old 2nd June 2014, 18:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best component speaker?

Hi Gurus,

I am planning on upgrading ICE of my Vista Quadrajet VX (The one with the Clarion OEM HU). As the first leg of the mod I am planning to change the front speakers to components.

Some visits to the shops nearby gave me 2 options
- JBL GTO509c - Quoted INR 6900/-
- Hertz DSK130 - Quoted INR5600/-

Both quoted figures are including installation. My taste of listening is for clarity and clarity alone with mild and tight bass. So, my questions are:

- Are the quoted figures reasonable?
- Which one of the two should I go for, or are there any other/better options in this price range?
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:53   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
...I am planning on upgrading ICE of my Vista Quadrajet VX (The one with the Clarion OEM HU). As the first leg of the mod I am planning to change the front speakers to components...
I think you should start with a good HU swap first. Also, please note that you will need a good amplifier to get the best out of your components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
- JBL GTO509c - Quoted INR 6900/-
- Hertz DSK130 - Quoted INR5600/-

Both quoted figures are including installation. My taste of listening is for clarity and clarity alone with mild and tight bass. So, my questions are:...
I doubt JBL is going to satisfy you. This is NOT for the melody loving audience, but rather quite bright. If you listen to some English chartbusters, the JBL will fare well. But if you are the one who listens to movie songs, you might have to look somewhere else. I have NOT listened to Hertz, but Polk might be a good fit. Please try to audition before you put down your cash.

I also suggest you carry some of your favourite tracks (ideally on a CD) when you go for audition - that's the ONLY way you really can find out whether the instrument suits your taste.

Edit:: Since I see your location as BLR, please give National market a try if you do NOT mind grey stuff. You'll get the same stuff for almost 50%. I had my stuffs from there and those are going strong even after 5 years.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd June 2014 at 19:58.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 09:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think you should start with a good HU swap first. Also, please note that you will need a good amplifier to get the best out of your components.
Thanks swiftnfurious. I found the OEM HU pretty reasonable however, it is the speakers that are of the worst quality! So planning to upgrade the ICE system step by step. So comps and damping are in the first leg of the mod. Amp will be in the second phase and since I am not a huge fan of bass I might skip the Sub in the second phase and go for a coax for the rear.

Quote:
I doubt JBL is going to satisfy you. This is NOT for the melody loving audience, but rather quite bright. If you listen to some English chartbusters, the JBL will fare well. But if you are the one who listens to movie songs, you might have to look somewhere else. I have NOT listened to Hertz, but Polk might be a good fit. Please try to audition before you put down your cash.
If the JBL sounds bright with respectable bass, then that might be the right one for me. Choice of listening extends from desi songs to Eminem to Linkin Parks. But it will be mostly English chart busters.

Quote:
Edit:: Since I see your location as BLR, please give National market a try if you do NOT mind grey stuff. You'll get the same stuff for almost 50%. I had my stuffs from there and those are going strong even after 5 years.
Thanks a lot for that info. I will definitely give it a try this weekend. Is it the place near Gandhi Nagar/Kempagowda Bus Depot? Also, any particular shop that you can direct to from where I can get original equipments?

Most Viewed