Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 23:07   #1
BHPian

ICE upgrade : Tata Indica Vista

Well i am posting after a long long time , some might know me out here if they also happen to be on the techie forums cheers: .

Well as the topic suggests i have just booked in a indica vista for my self and was thinking of what kind of ICE setup i should be going for. the top variant i saw had 4 door speaker provisions just like my old swift.

reading the threads has confused me all the more. its been a while i setup any ICE , so some one from delhi out to help me will be greater .

what i am looking at is a 20 - 25 k setup . it will not exceed that budget so dont suggest me other things you all know the ICE effect.

priorities is clear sound rather that THE BOOM BOOM sony the older sony woofers that i have herd. the car is basically for my younger brother who's a huge music fan rahmanzone.com might prove on his passion for music .

looking for some suggestions to help me out choose .

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th August 2008 at 10:28. Reason: Smilie usage is restricted to two per post
200mph is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th August 2008, 23:33   #2
BANNED

Hurray! The First Indica Vista ICE thread is here.

So, let the ICEing begin.
For the 20-25k budget, it is best to invest these on speakers and an amp. 6k will buy you good components for the front. You can choose from many brands like JBL, Illusion, Bull audio, Hertz, Blaupunkt, etc.. As you're in Delhi, you'd be able to go for a demo of these before you zero in on your ear's choice. 3k-4k will get you some good coaxials for the rear. I'd advice you to stick with the same type/series as the front comps.
You still have about 10k to 15k left in your hand. Choose a good 4 channel amp. There're some good deals in the classified section here or you can go in for a brand new one. And as you will still have some good greens left after all this, you can complete your setup with a nice Sub in a sealed/ported any. Stay away from Sony/pony etc.. and get yourself a JBL or some other brands listed earlier.

If I'm not wrong, I think the Vista comes with Alpine HUs. It should be quiet good enough SQ wise. It has good connectivity and some nice features too, I believe. So the reason, to omit the HU from my suggestion.
It may/may not have preouts. Don't fret! You can use speaker level outputs/Y splittes cables for now. If you're not satisfied with the HU, then you can go for a change later.

ICE Vista! Good lucks.
Old 26th August 2008, 23:40   #3
BHPian

only the top one come equipped with its own TATA logo 2 din setup the auqa model in the quadrajet has no HU. so i will have to squeeze in a HU as well.

well i want to stay away from the sony pony , but JBL Illusion etc etc saying this confuses me all the more.

Last edited by 200mph : 26th August 2008 at 23:41.
Old 27th August 2008, 02:07   #4
BANNED

Oh no! That's bad. I thought you were getting the Aura which comes with a HU.

Let me be very frank and say that Pioneer HUs offer good Vfm but they aren't close to an Alpine/Kenwood/Clarions in terms of sound reproduction. BUT, there are many who love it's sound compared to others. So, to decide on this, you will have to listen and judge yourselves.
Same goes with the JBL, Illusion etc.. etc..
Many like Sony speakers and it's sound. I prefer to walk in the opposite direction the moment I see Sony speakers. It goes on with other brands too. Some may prefer JBL while some prefer Bull and Illusions. Now, which one will you like?
That can be well answered by your own ears and the grey matter between them only.

To squeeze in a HU, all you have to do is forget the rear speakers for now. That will give you 4k! You'll have to choose an amp from the entry level which will cost around 6k. Same with the sub too. 4k sub + 1k for box.
From the 25k you had in the beginning you'll have about 8k-9k left at your disposal. Buy a good HU for that and lo! You're all set.
Old 27th August 2008, 02:52   #5
BHPian

if you are willing to go Gray Market.

Kenwood/Pioneer HU~6K(gray)

Kenwood 8401(great Amp)-5K(gray)

Good Components for Frony~4k-6k(With Bill)

Good Coax JBL 637 ~3-5k(Gray)

Wiring ~2k

Tray and Box~2K

If going for maximum cost itmes Comes out to be 26K

Please pick and Choose
Old 27th August 2008, 03:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

I'd say forget the amp and get a good Alpine HU + comps up front and 6x9's behind. I have a similar setup, cost 20k ( with everything bought at MRP).Even I wanted to buy an amp n all, till i heard an alpine HU and got blown away
Things yet to be seen
1. front door stock location size.
2. How solid the body panels are , and how much they'll need damping
3. if the speakers are going to be mounted on the door sheet metal like other cars , or on the plastic door panels like current indica

I wouldnt worry too much about it , You can always drive up to driven and let them do your ICE worrying
Old 27th August 2008, 08:48   #7
BHPian

Now, the most important factor is listening to a demo and place of installation. Look no further than Driven @EOK if you want a proffesional job, and if you want a demo of a bull audio setup in a santro, contact me.
Old 27th August 2008, 08:49   #8
BHPian

every thing will be of the GREY Market as such unless somewere said . frend is into this line and does get me pretty neat deals.

i have a sony 4 channel amp at my disposal so i will put that for the moment.

what i need is .

front comps + rear co axials + HU + SUB

shaken soul i will be visiting you soon. do u want some HD

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th August 2008 at 10:29. Reason: See note in post
Old 27th August 2008, 10:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

do contact LBM, he can arrange a couple of demos covering nearly all the popular brands. going to driven would not necessarily mean all the auditions and the best prices. do conduct a market research and audition BEFORE you develop a liking for a particular brand, based on recommendations.
Old 27th August 2008, 10:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mph View Post
every thing will be of the GREY Market as such unless somewere said . frend is into this line and does get me pretty neat deals.

what i need is .

front comps + rear co axials + HU + SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
do contact LBM, he can arrange a couple of demos covering nearly all the popular brands. going to driven would not necessarily mean all the auditions and the best prices. do conduct a market research and audition BEFORE you develop a liking for a particular brand, based on recommendations.
I think he's planning to source his ice from this friend of his.

200mph, what all brands can your friend source ?
Old 27th August 2008, 14:27   #11
BHPian

@200mph...not sure, lets see, i'm running out of space.

Anyways, I think for lesser mortals like us, driven can satisfy our needs.
Old 27th August 2008, 14:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

@speedzak Just loved the way you summed up points. Really helps a noob on how to go about on getting some ICE.

@200mph i think you should get limited stuff but good once in your budget. Dont try sqeeze everything into this budget because you may not get the best products.
Old 27th August 2008, 17:03   #13
BHPian

well my friend is not into ICE but mainly into spares and stuff but does help me source in grey stuff that are reliable . mainly the HU i think i will be getting in grey. this is how i have split in my budget

8 k HU - something that can take in a dvd or usb - alpine ,blaupunkt, pio
4 K rear coax - ????
3 k for a basic amp from ( just to drive the sub) - what can fit in this i think a 2 channel from some decent company might fit in - ???
1 k wiring etc
4 k for the sub - i think a JBL sub can fit in this one
5 k components for the doors - ???

this is the way i have mainly divided it
Old 27th August 2008, 17:05   #14
BANNED

Hey congrats on the First Vista on the Forum.

Pls show off your car first before discussing anything else.
Old 27th August 2008, 19:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hey congrats on the First Vista on the Forum.

Pls show off your car first before discussing anything else.
Pavan he has just booked and still not got delievered.
btw Congrats on the booking 200mph.cheers:
Does anyone knows which HU is coming in Aura as i can just see TATA written on it?
Is it worth to keep the end unit and change the rest of the set up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks