Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2008, 16:22   #1
BHPian

GTO 608c Tweeter Terminals

Hi Guru's

Today during one of the drives, some water spell on one of the Speakers (GTO 608c) in my car. To dry it out, I opened the door panel and it seems that my tweeter wires were very tight and unfortunately the leads from the tweeter came out.

I tried to fix them but to my efforts went in wane. I need your help whether I can fix them up. As for now, I have replaced the tweeter from my GTO 607c pairs, which I recently replaced with GTO 608c.

Sam can you please let me know, where I can fix them up. If they can be replaced. I would bare the cost for it. Can you please suggest me the way through to get them repaired or replaced. A pic to explain the things.
Attached Thumbnails
GTO 608c Tweeter Terminals-img_0400.jpg  

Old 30th August 2008, 16:41   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Hi Guru's

Today during one of the drives, some water spell on one of the Speakers (GTO 608c) in my car. To dry it out, I opened the door panel and it seems that my tweeter wires were very tight and unfortunately the leads from the tweeter came out.
Is tweater working still.if yes then don't bother.if you can upload photo which shows the leads facing us we can give you better suggestions.
Old 30th August 2008, 16:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

replace ? all they need is some old fashioned re soldering. Any electronics shop should be able to do it
Old 30th August 2008, 17:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get them soldered at any repair shop.
Old 30th August 2008, 18:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

ya, go to any local service center for electronics, tell them ki he needs to solder the wires back. it should not cost more than 5 rs.
Old 30th August 2008, 19:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

even better get a soldering iron gun it costs around 50 bucks for a good quality wala, and get the soldering roll for 5bucks, and you can do 100 such soldering ends, or go to any electrical repair shop like said above should cost you 5 bucks to fix it.
Old 30th August 2008, 20:31   #7
BHPian

Thanks LBM, Panky and Rider60. I my self being a qualified electronics and communication engineer working on embedded systems. I have temp controlled soldering iron and other tools at home. But the problem is not with the soldering coming out. It is the clips, to which the wire is soldered have come out. That is there is no connection with the inner part of the tweeter.
Old 30th August 2008, 21:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

when this happened to me once, i got it repaired by giving it to a speaker coil rewinding shop. The fine tweeter voice coil wire was beyond my soldering ablities
Old 31st August 2008, 06:43   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks LBM, Panky and Rider60. I my self being a qualified electronics and communication engineer working on embedded systems. I have temp controlled soldering iron and other tools at home. But the problem is not with the soldering coming out. It is the clips, to which the wire is soldered have come out. That is there is no connection with the inner part of the tweeter.
if the wires connected to cone are cut at the cone then its a difficult job but possible.If they are cut at the terminals and are short of length then you can remove 2-3 strands of normal speaker wire and join them.after soldering them to terminals use super glue to fix the terminal on the tweeters body.Hope this helps.
Old 1st September 2008, 11:14   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
if the wires connected to cone...
it is a tweeter or the wires would be connected to a dome. Just kidding.

Quote:
It is the clips, to which the wire is soldered have come out. That is there is no connection with the inner part of the tweeter.
there are 2 connections.

1. wire of voice coil to terminal clips
2. wire from amp to terminal clips.

which one has come out?
Old 2nd September 2008, 00:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

1. wire of voice coil to terminal clips
2. wire from amp to terminal clips.

which one has come out?
Naveenji, it is the 1. Wire of voice coil to terminal clips. So the clips itself have come out from inside....May be I will post the pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks