Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 19:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Anna, by 3 components I think he was referring to the crossover as well and wants to know the individual placement of the tweet, driver, crossover.
Old 7th November 2008, 23:29   #32
BHPian

Awesome install you got there raju. As yashraj pointed out, you were looted by Anup. I hope you are careful about him from now on.

I hope you will be going for the next hyd meet. We definitely need to have a demo of your ICE. Its super sweet.

How is the performance of the 638 in the rear? and if you dont mind, could I know the price you paid for the front 608s?
Old 8th November 2008, 01:12   #33
BHPian

The ICE setup is awesome, but sorry to be ripped off. One of the reason I don't believe in high profile shops. Forget it and enjoy the music in the air cheers:
Old 8th November 2008, 10:05   #34
BHPian

Terrific setup !! congrats on your new ICE "thump thump" the road
Old 9th November 2008, 06:55   #35
BHPian

yes as s0ulouj said,i wanted to know where the crossover gets placed??
and thanks to all for clarifying my raw doubts till now!!
Old 9th November 2008, 10:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
and thanks to all for clarifying my raw doubts till now!!
Hi Arien, You can place the woofer cone in the stock location. Just make sure that you place it little upfront, as the space between the Plastic panel and the woofer is reduced , otherwise this may lead to the sound waves going inside the door and this could cause the rattling.

Then you have two options to decide on where you want to place your crossover.

Option 1: You can place the Crossover inside the door. This way you can use the stock speaker wire for connecting from HU to Crossover. And advantage is that you can place your tweeter anywhere on the door. You can place the tweeter on the door panel just below the OVRM. The metal part there has a hole there. Another could be going little down where you will another opening as I have placed.
Risk: The crossover has to sticked to the door which will have lots of shock while closing and it may fall off inside the door. And the water may enter into the door (during monsoon season or during servicing) this may lead that your crossover will be get wet and could rust ultimately. This happened with my 607c crossovers.

Option 2: You can place the crossover inside the cabin, in this case you can find lots of places. In my installations I place it just behind the HU on the AC duct system such that I can use the stock speaker cable for connecting the speakers in the Door. I have run a monster speaker cable from the Crossover to the Woofer and using the Stock speaker cable for connecting it to the Tweeter which is placed inside the door. If you are placing the tweeter near A-pillar then you can run the wire from the crossover to the tweeter inside the dash and use the stock cable for the woofer placed inside the door.

It was quite difficult to take two separate wires through the door wire harness. I hope this clarifies where you can place the crossover.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Awesome install you got there raju. As yashraj pointed out, you were looted by Anup. I hope you are careful about him from now on.

I hope you will be going for the next hyd meet. We definitely need to have a demo of your ICE. Its super sweet.

How is the performance of the 638 in the rear? and if you dont mind, could I know the price you paid for the front 608s?
Thanks a lot, Yeah, The setback received from Mr.anup behind me as I was new to this kind of installations. He charged me exorbitantly for the damping for the rest of the equipment, I think that was reasonable as I could have got the price of other equipment at the same price. Now I have put them back of me and What I am enjoying now is pure music.

Coming to GTO638 are doing a decent job though they are connected to GTO 1004, I had GTO627 which lacked the power and punch. The GTO608c are not much of a difference to me as I had 607c. I think they costed me around 5700 bucks after discount. The MRP costs is 6750.

Hope to see you all for the next TBHP meet. If you want the audition and if you placed around Miyapur/Gachibowli then you can PM me.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
s0ulouj? Lol

Crossover can be mounted under the dash (below glove compartment, near steering column etc). That is if you want it flush.
Old 9th November 2008, 16:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
s0ulouj? Lol
oops,my bad!! sorry s0uljah bro
but thanks for the info,it had always kept me thinking where the cross overs go.
btw,where do you think is the best place for apt SQ(if there is any difference been made by position)
Old 18th November 2008, 13:05   #40
BHPian

Raju,

Where did you buy this Pioneer P80 from?. I called up sprocket yesterday and they said they never had stock of Pioneer P80. BTW how is your experience with P80 thus far. Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks