Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 00:45   #1
BHPian

Another Swift JBLfied

I came across this thread....whenever SAM sees some JBLfied car, he gets emotional. This project was also very close to my heart, since my hard earned money went into this ICE setup. At early age I thought of learning music, but unfortunately I couldn't and thats why I invest good amount of my money in this equipment to listen to the pure music.

The music which I prefer is wide ranged, from Hindi Classical, IndiPop to English Rock, Pop and a bit of Metal too. I prefer also to the Indian instruments and a big fan of Kenny G and Venesa Mae (the voillon player).

With the help T-BHP forum and the Gurus like Naveenji, SAM, Gunbir, Bass and Treble, Deralte and others, I could achieve a ICE setup to best of my liking (still some tunning required).

The ICE installation was done at Sprocket, Hyderabad. I went too this place only because of the Installer. Hyderabad is not a good place for ICE enthus. Nobody cares about your vehicle. Everyone wants to finish off his job. So at last I could get what I needed most.

I could clear whatever doubts I had in my mind and gather the best of the equipment and do the installation. In this I got the Audison Connection (4AWG Power Amp kit) from Gunbir Pajji. Rest I got from the Sprocket.

During the installation time, I had to decide, where to place the Amps. Since, GTO 1004 was such a huge piece we couldn't accommodate it under the front passenger seat. God knows how GTO 75.4's could be placed under the seats which are even larger than the 1004. So this took us to the back of the rear seats. So we could mount the Amps on a Plywood plank which was mounted on the back.

Another new way of fixing the rear fill was to what to do with the GTO 638 which replaced my GTO 626e. I was initially hesitant to cut any of the body panels. But later decided to go for it. The rear fills were mounted from the Top and the original grill on the door panel were done with it. I think it gives me little advantage that they are now mounted on the top and the attenuation button is easy accessible. Mind this door panel is fixed permanently, since the speaker is screwed from the top, so if I need to remove then I have to open the speakers too. Under the speakers the mdf ring was mounted (Unfortunately I missed the snap).

The details of the ICE:

HU : Pioneer DEHP80RS
Amp 1: JBL GTO 1004 (For the Front and Rear Fills)
Amp 2: JBL GTO 3501 ( For the Sub)
Front Speakers : JBL GTO 608c ( Replaced GTO 607c)
Rear Speakers : JBL GTO 638 (Replaced GTO 626e)
Sub Woofer: JBL GTO 1204 BR
Power Amp Kit : Audison Connection (4AWG kit) with Distributor box
Interconnect Cables : Monster Junior Range
Speaker Cables : Monster 16AWG standard speaker cable

Total Cost of the project : 19000 (HU) + 7500 (Power AmpKit) + 56000 (JBL's and Cables and Installation) = 82500.

Some things still needs to be done.

1. I need to replace the Power Cable from the distribution box to the GTO 1004 Amp as I have fallen short of wire length at that time. I also need the cable for the Ground connection. Gunbir Paaji to rescue me...If he can send me some of spares which would have been thrown from other car installations.....Paaji spare fuse bi chayehe....

2. I was planning to get the remote bass controller for GTO 3501, SAM please help me where to get it. And if possible some JBL goodies too (Stickers). On top of it, I forget to get the manuals from my installer, So I don't have manuals for the new 8 series. If you can get the soft copy of GTO 608c and GTO 638 just in case.

3. I think the sprocket guy has overcharged me for the damping stuff. I think I need to do some more damping as I could see my ORVM shaking when I increase the volume to some threshold.

4. And some tunning is required. I think I need to set the equilizers on the HU right.

Some Pictures during the installation and some post installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Swift JBLfied-pic1.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic2.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic3.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic4.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic5.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic7.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic8.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic9.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic10.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic11.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic12.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic13.jpg  

Another Swift JBLfied-pic14.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st September 2008, 01:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

nice install and congrats mate, well you know you could have gone for the power series sub the P1224 DVC, it would have made good use of that mono's full potential a 360w rms, you are now running it at 4omhs.

congrats any way, and you got it installed by Hameed at sproket i see him pic no:4 he is knowledgeable guy when it comes to installs better than all the punks at car accessory market.

now when do i get a demo???

EDIT: i just noticed damping done in pic 3 is that stock or did you use a branded product? if its a branded product then please give us the info on the same the brand and price!!! and where you bought it.

Last edited by rider60 : 1st September 2008 at 01:05.
Old 1st September 2008, 02:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Gunbir Paaji to rescue me...If he can send me some of spares which would have been thrown from other car installations.....Paaji spare fuse bi chayehe....
Congrats!!

A courier on its way to you tomorrow
Old 1st September 2008, 09:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your set-up! Great equipment..Great choice..Great sound!

Do you mind putting up a pic for rear fills please!
Old 1st September 2008, 10:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Really nice install, vrraju! Congrats! Good stuff in there!

So you went the whole hog and did the entire install at one go, huh?

That damping sheet (inside the door) looks like the older AZ-Audiocomp damping sheet?
Old 1st September 2008, 10:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Good choice of equipments. The install looks neat.
Old 1st September 2008, 10:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
nice install and congrats mate, well you know you could have gone for the power series sub the P1224 DVC, it would have made good use of that mono's full potential a 360w rms, you are now running it at 4omhs.

congrats any way, and you got it installed by Hameed at sproket i see him pic no:4 he is knowledgeable guy when it comes to installs better than all the punks at car accessory market.

EDIT: i just noticed damping done in pic 3 is that stock or did you use a branded product? if its a branded product then please give us the info on the same the brand and price!!! and where you bought it.
Thanks Rider, Yeah I too feeling the same that I should have gone for Power Series Sub and Components, probably I will go for them one day, just waiting for another onsite = Vitamin M.

For information, Now Hamid has taken up the Job at Reliance Digital and the rear fills mounting on the door panel is also from your install, Hamid told me that he did for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Congrats!!

A courier on its way to you tomorrow
Thanks Gunbir Paaji.... I am just thinking how to put them those Audison Flags on the Windows....People may think I am crazy :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Congrats on your set-up! Great equipment..Great choice..Great sound!

Do you mind putting up a pic for rear fills please!
Thanks Panky, The pics 9 and 10 are the GTO638 rear fills. The front are GTO 608c Components which are tucked under door panels. Pic 6 shows the front fills.
Old 1st September 2008, 11:41   #8
BHPian

Congrats.
JBL is a very good choice .
I just wish i could see your car .
Old 1st September 2008, 12:01   #9
BANNED

Nice setup mate and congrates for that.
But you missed 2 things first your HU is quite high end, even some basic HU from Pioneer will do justice for the present setup.2nd is woofer which is 4 ohms and your mono amp wont be able to do justice as it dosent puts max output at that impidence.
Old 1st September 2008, 16:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Decent config and install,bro. Congratulations. Just can't believe its run upto 83k.
Quote:
I was planning to get the remote bass controller for GTO 3501,
When I checked out this amp, I found the remote bass knob in the amp box.
Check with JBL India before asking the seller for the bass remote.
Old 1st September 2008, 17:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the ICE-ing. Neat setup. IMO, a little overkill on the cabling.
Old 1st September 2008, 18:44   #12
BHPian

Nice neat setup cheers:.

BTW, how much damage for the amps (please post individual prices) ?
Old 1st September 2008, 20:40   #13
BHPian

higher bass and sound will need plexi glass according to what i read on forums. was this done with your car?
Old 1st September 2008, 23:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

Forget to answer your question. You are most welcome for the demo, If I am around minister road, then I will give you a call. If you are visiting towards Gachibowli, my office is there, so we can meet and you can have the audition.

On damping part, It is Zxi (petrol) so we don't have stock damping in the doors as the diesel version. So this the damping which I got at sprocket, so he cheated me.... I should have taken your advice not to go to him but kya kare....Hamid jaise installers nahin melte. He charged me 4000 bucks for 8 sq.ft of damping mat. I left it and didn't argu with him as at last he didn't charge me anything for the monster speaker cables (2 X 20 ft ) rolls. A compromise though. I will get the wurth and get it done by Hamid some time later.
Old 2nd September 2008, 03:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

okay so petrol swift has not one single piece of damping then?

its like even i found only one piece of damping sheet on each front door from OE, i have posted the pic here,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post940903

i never expected this and dint know swift diesel came with a damping piece untill i discovered it my self!

and that price for damping is like try asking for the dynamat extreme at sprocket and you will be like. ha ah aha aha ah ha aahha ha ha.

EDIT: now the cables he gave you could be fakes i one of the same, they are the cheapest available from monster if original or they are truely fakes.
and the actual cost of those cables in the grey is 250-300bucks, so you did get looted out. just to confirm that you should have checked out the fake JBL cables he stocks!!!!!!!!(if i am correct the monster cable you have has a remote wire between the two terminals)

please dont feel bad, you have spent the do$$ and lets forget it for now and say good reddens to Bad Rubbish, please dont go to that DAY LIGHT robber from now on.

we use to go to him, only i mean only, for the installers he had, yes he had, and now since they are there no more, lets just forget sprocket for good!!! you know where to go from now on to get a install done, and i hope people will wise up at least after reading this!!!

Last edited by rider60 : 2nd September 2008 at 04:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks