Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 22:51   #1
BHPian

Installing ICE in my Corolla

Hello:

I am thinking of installing a Screen in my Corolla, seen most installed on the roof of the car between the seats. believe you can also fit these on the behind of the front head rests. I guess i will need to change the system also. Has anyone done this? how do you recomend i get this done?want to avoid any major work in the interiors. any contacts in Hyderabad?, also any system/screen recommendations?

thanks
varghese

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2008 at 22:58. Reason: See note in Post
Old 8th September 2008, 06:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

whats the budget? and how many screens do you plan to install? i mean if its behind the head rests then you might need two, and these can get signal from either single HU or you can hook up a pc or a playstations and likes so state your purpose clearly along with the budget, so that we can help you better.
Old 9th September 2008, 15:46   #3
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...y-corolla.html

Maybe this would interest you.
Old 9th September 2008, 22:50   #4
BHPian

My requirements

sorry, i did not clearly state my requirements. I am looking a budget of about 20K max. I have two small kids and since i like to do long drives frequently, was thinking of installing a screen where they could watch cartoons or play games. I thought of the overhead screen but not sure if it would be a distraction to the driver(me) and so thought of the screens behind the seats. The present factory fitted music system does not have an Ipod input so i have bought the transmitter and use that to play my ipod.
I am not sure if i can get a music system that can fit into the existing slot and can play VCD/DVD, not sure how the wiring will be done also. I am not looking at anything too fancy just that it needs to be of a good quality and should not require too much alterations. Also need advice of where to get this done who would do a good quality work even if the charges are higher. Last but not least, should not create any electrical problems or create other problems. In case there is a risk element, then would rather avoid.
Hope this is helpful.
thanks in advance.
Old 11th September 2008, 17:15   #5
BHPian

You could install a double DIN DVD system in the OE slot by using some additional install kits and link it to display screen(s) in the rear. No major wiring required since you get wiring harnesses to plug in aftermarket head units. But you may have to increase your budget. Also make sure that you get it installed from a reputed installer.

There are some good 2DIN DVD head-units from Pioneer and JVC.
-Novice
Old 11th September 2008, 23:25   #6
BHPian

At that budget I think he can pick up a Single DIN DVD system and hook up a roof mounted screen to it. But its certainly going to look out of place. No sedan looks good with roof mounted screens. Rather increase your budget and get a 2DIN/1DIN DVD system with two headrest monitors. Would make more sense and serve your purpose.
Old 11th September 2008, 23:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

How much does a head rest monitor cost ?
A single din jvc/sony dvd hu should cost about 12k ?
Old 13th September 2008, 11:07   #8
BHPian

More Advice

Thanks Flipsyde - your advice makes sense. I would really want to avoid the roof screen. Forgive my ignorance, am really bad at this but what is DIN DVD system(Understand DVD but DIN?)....went to the Toyota showroom yesterday and they had a sony music system which had a small screen attached which was touch screen, costs about 32000/- and headseat screens which cost about 7500/- each. Considering that it is a a Toyota showroom, am sure it is much more expensive. Any recommendations in Hyderabad where i can get these at more affordable prices and the quality of fitting is good.

Thanks again
Varghese

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks