Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 00:11   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBass View Post
Hi! Glass!! it would be so nice if you name it to all of us who are facing the problem with the "List" button. You would be of great help. Awaiting reply from your side!! Thanks!!
I don't remember the name of the one I had used, but I see there is a bunch of freeware available like a couple I have listed below. I have not used any of these, so please be sure to try them after due confirmation these are not spyware/viruses.

- Home
Change Attributes - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
Freeware QuickAttribute at DirFile - Utilities > File & Disk Management

And do post back if it succeeds.

Last edited by Glass : 18th September 2008 at 00:13.
Old 18th September 2008, 09:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

I posted some batch scripts to fix order of folders/files so that it is sorted alphabetically. Did not for vebm. Now that I got Pio 5050 myself, will try this over the weekend.
Old 18th September 2008, 10:34   #18
BHPian

Changing the timestamp did not work. It still displays in the same order it did earlier.

I tried it on a song that I copied last into the drive. I changed the timestamp to a time earlier than the first file's timestamp in that folder. But the fill still is displayed at the last. This did not work with folders too.
Old 15th October 2008, 23:24   #19
BHPian

An update... and a good one

I suddenly had an idea and searched in google for a good half an hour before I came across the software which did just that. Arrange the folders and files in the USB driver in alphabetical order (or even in a custom order that you want!!)

I have tried it and it works like a charm. and best of all it's a freeware.
A word of caution, since this program fiddles with the drive's file system entries, there is a risk of loosing all the data if something goes wrong. So please do take care and back up data before experimenting with this software and getting a hang of how it works. The program also has the option to backup the Master Boot Record of the drive as well as the induvivual sectors(which contain the actual data)

Here's the link to the site offering the software.

Anerty's Lair - DriveSort

I've tried it once and it works well. Others can test it and update. So finally the things are under our control
Old 16th October 2008, 13:43   #20
BHPian

^ Thanks, Praveen!!! I hope it works. Will try it and post the results.

Maybe I'll gift a copy of the program to Pioneer's software design team.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
An update... and a good one

I suddenly had an idea and searched in google for a good half an hour before I came across the software which did just that. Arrange the folders and files in the USB driver in alphabetical order (or even in a custom order that you want!!)

I have tried it and it works like a charm. and best of all it's a freeware.
A word of caution, since this program fiddles with the drive's file system entries, there is a risk of loosing all the data if something goes wrong. So please do take care and back up data before experimenting with this software and getting a hang of how it works. The program also has the option to backup the Master Boot Record of the drive as well as the induvivual sectors(which contain the actual data)

Here's the link to the site offering the software.

Anerty's Lair - DriveSort

I've tried it once and it works well. Others can test it and update. So finally the things are under our control
Works for me too. Great find, Praveen!

Most Viewed