Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 22:59   #1
BHPian

my brand new swift getting ICEd

hi all,

i finally got the time to get an ICE system into my car.

went to lajpat nagar.
just wanna share it with you guys.

material purchased:

HU - Pioneer 5050 - rs 6500
Kicker 600.2 - rs 6200

material yet to be purchased

amp - Kenwood 8401
enclosure sub - Pioneer TX-WX301

my brand new swift getting ICEd-dsc00231.jpg

this is how many kms i had on while getting ICEd.

my brand new swift getting ICEd-dsc00226.jpg

the midwoofers of my Kicker 600.2

my brand new swift getting ICEd-dsc00227.jpg

the fitting being done by the guys

my brand new swift getting ICEd-dsc00228.jpg

the Pioneer 5050 being installed

my brand new swift getting ICEd-dsc00229.jpg

there you go!

my brand new swift getting ICEd-dsc00230.jpg

midwoofer in place

the next step will be at the beginning of next month

gurus. please comment on this setup.
the HU seems really really good. still figuring out some of the settings

and the kickers components are awesome! really nice sound! love it.

i tested with the following songs:

1200 mics - god of rock
chemical brothers - bass test
incubus - new skin
melicia - grip (remix)
fat joe - whats luv

my setup seems really nice for trance.

will post more pics of the HU other stuff once i get em installed
comments plzzz

Note from Support: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th September 2008 at 00:53. Reason: See note.
Old 14th September 2008, 10:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

nice setup matey, like the way its being installed, with all the connectors and stuff, well if you find the interface of the 5050 hu a little difficult to fiddle around with get the 6050, it has very good User Interface and setting you would easily understand.

if its the trance kind of music you are looking at, get a better sub for the clear lows. pio is kind of boomy by nature. the JBL cs1204 in a custom sealed box should cost about the same or may be a Ground Zero sub in a sealed box.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:10   #3
BHPian

Hi!! Natural!! keep it up bro. as far as i can see, the speakers have been neatly installed.Though, i've never heard kickers but i'm sure they sound the best to you.
since it's all about your ears and it was you who decided the best.
get the good work going bro.
Old 16th September 2008, 23:49   #4
BHPian

@feelthebass - thanks bro. and yes i did try out all the brands out first. hearing them live is the best way to check em out.

@rider - yes boss. iam still at a dilema on wht amp and woofer to put. as far as the other threads go, i se there is a big debate on the kenwood 8401 is good. sony is out of the picture. and kicker is too expensive.

gurus please help me out :P
Old 17th September 2008, 01:03   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Note from Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Thanks.

ummm....pune???biker dude??sony??? Are you the same guy??

Last edited by aah78 : 19th September 2008 at 00:50. Reason: See note.
Old 17th September 2008, 01:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
@feelthebass - thanks bro. and yes i did try out all the brands out first. hearing them live is the best way to check em out.

@rider - yes boss. iam still at a dilema on wht amp and woofer to put. as far as the other threads go, i se there is a big debate on the kenwood 8401 is good. sony is out of the picture. and kicker is too expensive.

gurus please help me out :P

dude wait for the vitamin M to pile up, get the JBL GTO 75.4 for like around 8000 bucks if still available in grey, or go for the JBL GTO 1004 which would at max cost a couple of thousand extra depending on your negotiating skills. these amps are way better than the kenwood imo at that price, and there is really nothing i could find as powerful in the market till date as one of these JBl amps at that price, hence such love for them.

as for the sub like said thats the best sub at that price in a custom sealed mdf box should cost you around 3500 max the sub and box i mean and you will enjoy your trance like krazy!!!

try auditioning your self then make the kill the end decision is yours for sure.
Old 17th September 2008, 08:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Those midwoofers grills are unsightly though, good job disposing them off
Old 17th September 2008, 12:02   #8
BANNED

Are those kickers comps or coaxs? How do they sound in mid bass?
Old 18th September 2008, 21:09   #9
BHPian

the install is looking very clean, those spacer rings which you are using with the midwoofers, it looks like plastic , is it so ? are they readymade or what ?
Old 18th September 2008, 23:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
nice setup matey, like the way its being installed, with all the connectors and stuff, well if you find the interface of the 5050 hu a little difficult to fiddle around with get the 6050, it has very good User Interface and setting you would easily understand.

if its the trance kind of music you are looking at, get a better sub for the clear lows. pio is kind of boomy by nature. the JBL cs1204 in a custom sealed box should cost about the same or may be a Ground Zero sub in a sealed box.
I agree, Pio subs are little boomy, i myself have one. Do u think for Trance Ground zero is a better choice?? what is the price range they are available in delhi ( if u have an idea for delhi price).
Old 19th September 2008, 00:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
the install is looking very clean, those spacer rings which you are using with the midwoofers, it looks like plastic , is it so ? are they readymade or what ?
Those spacer rings are OEM in swifts.
Old 19th September 2008, 00:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
ummm....pune???biker dude??sony??? Are you the same guy??
somewhat. but do i know you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Are those kickers comps or coaxs? How do they sound in mid bass?
yes these are comps.

i really like them. its very clear that these are more for clarity. not bass, although the bass is not bad. definitely not uo there with JBL and bull audio. but ill say, these have got more clarity. metal cone you see.

and do i need bass from these? not is iam getting an amp and an enclosure sub next month .

and yes. the fitting is pretty good. althought i need to ask. my door panels vibrate when i crank em up. is that normal? whts all this bout the acoustic damping. hoe much difference does it make?

and gurus. am still at a crossroads regarding amp and sub. budget - 12-13k
music - trance....
please help me out!

Note from Support: Please limit smileys to 2/post.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th September 2008 at 01:03. Reason: Posts merged. Additional Smileys removed.
Old 19th September 2008, 01:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
not is iam getting an amp and an enclosure sub next month .

and yes. the fitting is pretty good. althought i need to ask. my door panels vibrate when i crank em up. is that normal? whts all this bout the acoustic damping. hoe much difference does it make?

and gurus. am still at a crossroads regarding amp and sub. budget - 12-13k
IDQ or GZ. Any one of these will help i think as i am also getting these opinions for my car. Let me know from where in Lagpat nagar are u getting it done from? When are u planning to upgarde? would love to listen to it (if u dont mind).

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th September 2008 at 04:19. Reason: u. See note. Please quote only what's necessary - don't quote the entire post.
Old 19th September 2008, 02:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I agree, Pio subs are little boomy, i myself have one. Do u think for Trance Ground zero is a better choice?? what is the price range they are available in delhi ( if u have an idea for delhi price).

its like this, i listen to all the bass note changes in the songs, so the sub for me would start with jbl nothing less, as the vitamin M piles up i am gonna have a sub change to a better one with clear and crisp lows.

well imo thats on the factors that counts with TRANCE music, hence i stuffed my enclosure ports with cloth and sock and had the pipe inside cut recently.

pretty much sealed and right for my kind of taste.

if this is what you are looking at too, then audition the subs and buy them one of the brands mentioned by you should do with decent amount of amplification. i have not auditioned any of those, they are unavailable here, the ones i am yet to audition are kickers, i have auditioned the polk here, thats pretty much the brands available in Hyderabad as far as i know.

so choose your poision after tasting it.
Old 19th September 2008, 22:02   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
IDQ or GZ. Any one of these will help i think as i am also getting these opinions for my car. Let me know from where in Lagpat nagar are u getting it done from? When are u planning to upgarde? would love to listen to it (if u dont mind).

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
sure dude. hear em out anytime. ill be coming to lajpat nagar in the first week of next month. i must say, the kickers are really nice iam glad i went for em. they are clearer than jbl, pioneer and bull audio. but not as much bass.

by the way ppl. any advice on the amp?

for now, i am planning on getting 4 channel amp for now. and the amp.
but later, i plan to get a decent mono amp later, plug in the amp there and get another pair of components mostly the same kicker. and hook both comps to the 4 channel amp! can it be done? in that case ill have to plan and get the amp according.

wht can you guys suggest?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks