Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 16:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Increasing Bass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh0110 View Post
... Please tell me if it is appropriate! ...
Go ahead. Hope the installer installs it properly (air circulation around amp; placement of the box).

I have a number of queries. Kindly help

Quote:
... I guess my dealer is planning to put Y cables on 2 of the channels on the converter.
I am not sure if connecting Y cables is a good idea. ...
Nothing wrong with it. Connect it to the front channels.

Quote:
... 2) Is it a good idea to connect a Rockford Fosgate power distribution block? ... Is it of any help or should i connect the mono block via battery too? ...
Yes. The mono will draw more current than the 4-channel one. Better have the mono on it's own dedicated line.

Quote:
... 3) I Received 1 meter of ground cable with the Focal amp kit and not sure if my dealer used it or not? how do i check and is it of any help? ...
Only solution: check yourself. I would expect the installers to have used that wire (unless they didn't know what it was for). Look at what is connected to the grounding terminal of the amp (read manual for location of the GND terminal).
Old 24th March 2014, 17:12   #47

Re: Increasing Bass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Go ahead. Hope the installer installs it properly (air circulation around amp; placement of the box).

I have a number of queries. Kindly help

Nothing wrong with it. Connect it to the front channels.

Yes. The mono will draw more current than the 4-channel one. Better have the mono on it's own dedicated line.

Only solution: check yourself. I would expect the installers to have used that wire (unless they didn't know what it was for). Look at what is connected to the grounding terminal of the amp (read manual for location of the GND terminal).
Thanks bro i was very hesitant about putting those Y cables. Now i am also planning to buy a JBL wired bass knob for the mono block so that i don't need to fade away the speaker output when i need lesser bass. Though i can't get a good deal anywhere. The knob is costing me 60$

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks