Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 23:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
That 93 db sensitivity is all hype nothing else. I would suggest to audition stuff before buying.
I second with you on this,I have one set of DSK165 which i installed in a NHC and then removed it,its the most pathetic components ive ever heard i myself didn't liked the sound,how would the end-user like it,m planing to send it back to the person whom i bought it from,
Old 18th September 2008, 00:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

I like they way they sound. And I've listened to some good blaupunkt and better JBL setups before I bought them. They do justice to my musical tastes , and my friends agree !
Old 18th September 2008, 00:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I second with you on this,I have one set of DSK165 which i installed in a NHC and then removed it,its the most pathetic components ive ever heard i myself didn't liked the sound,how would the end-user like it,m planing to send it back to the person whom i bought it from,
Aww! You must try the "SQ Reference", Energy Series in that case.
Old 18th September 2008, 07:59   #19
BHPian

I think there are a pair of "SQ REFERENCE" energy series speakers alongwith a pair of supertweeters up for grabs in Pune.. Contact vikram18 and see if they're up for sale..

I've heard the hi-energys and absolutely hated the way they reproduced mid-range, the hi freq after the supertweeter and genesis was sounding decent! but there was as good as no definition in mid-bass. All this being run off a good genesis amp! IMHO the hi-energys are definitely not worth the price you pay for them in India!

Last edited by shrivz : 18th September 2008 at 08:10.
Old 18th September 2008, 11:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

for a person with a budget of 10k, its kinda useless talking about how the Energy/Hi Energy sounds. For the price range, Dieci sound quite good !
To the people posting about bad mids , what was the HU used? I have an alpine and they sound quite sweet
Old 18th September 2008, 12:31   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver baleno View Post
6X9 ovals in the rear, 5" co-axials in the front, and a pioneer HU (Basic model, 2050 mpg)
Dont want to spend on an amp or a subwoofer right now. Any further upgrades will have to wait for a year.
I need some suggestions on which component speakers to use.
Quote:
what i am looking for is a pair of 2 way components which are of a high sensitivity
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
the EL6.1 components have high sensitivity (91db)
Quote:
any idea if bull audio / illusions can be bi-amped?.. ie. can we power the tweeters off the front channel of the HU, and the midbass off the rear channels, while still using the passive XO of the components?
Quote:
That 93 db sensitivity is all hype nothing else.
Different manufactuers measure sensitivity differently so be wary of sensitivity figures that are not accompanied with a legible frequenecy response and/or SPL vs Frequency graph(s).

My mom used a pair if Infinity Ref 6020 (I think she paid less than 10K for them) with her Alpine HU till the amp she ordered was delivered. For most uses (she listens to Elvis, Beatles, and stuff from the 50s) it worked fine.

Many speakers allow for the HP and LP sections of the XO (only possible with parallel XOs) to be used separtely in which case you can use the front and rear channels of your HU this way.
Old 18th September 2008, 13:38   #22
BHPian

The HU used was the JVC Touchscreen model with DVD playback, not the best HU to audition them on, but still.. My JBL 506Ce 5.25" Midrange mated with the Illusion audio Electra 1" Al Dome tweeter sounded better..
Old 18th September 2008, 15:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
For the price range, Dieci sound quite good !
I'm sorry I have to disagree here. 6k is not cheap for those comps by any standards. And they sound quite ordinary, irrespective of the price. And this goes for the Energy Series as well.
Old 18th September 2008, 16:30   #24
BHPian

Illusions

B&T, are the lucent 6.5"s and the electra 6.5" available ?

and..I know this is asking a lot, but can i demo a pair, in my car? In case i decide not to buy them, I will pay the installation charges..
Old 18th September 2008, 17:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

and..I know this is asking a lot, but can i demo a pair, in my car? In case i decide not to buy them, I will pay the installation charges..
Try and hunt for old stock of Luccents... afaik they have been discontinued.

Electra should be available... they were backordered for a while.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, that facility can be provided. It has been provided in the past as well, and no one has ended up paying us installation and removal charges. In fact you are welcome to bring along any other speakers that you would want to A-B as well.

The Lucents are no longer available. Only the Electras (6990) and the Carbons (29990).
Old 18th September 2008, 17:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Try and hunt for old stock of Luccents... afaik they have been discontinued.

Electra should be available... they were backordered for a while.
Lets us pray maybe the Lucents might be coming back on public demand. Let get hold off Ajay Bhai.
Old 18th September 2008, 17:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets us pray maybe the Lucents might be coming back on public demand. Let get hold off Ajay Bhai.
Ajay, we are publicly demanding you to bring back the Luccent line!!!!
Old 18th September 2008, 17:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Yes, that facility can be provided. It has been provided in the past as well, and no one has ended up paying us installation and removal charges. In fact you are welcome to bring along any other speakers that you would want to A-B as well.
Pehle kyon nahi bataya? I had to audition the Electras in your White Cow with that thundering sub woofer making my shirt (and hair) fly in all directions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The Lucents are no longer available. Only the Electras (6990) and the Carbons (29990).
Price increase by Rs 500? (Inflation?)
Old 18th September 2008, 17:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Price increase by Rs 500? (Inflation?)
Neglecting all other factors like oil/ steel/ aluminium/ etc raw material and other input costs increases, just consider this:

Exactly 6 months ago, 1 USD = 40.5 INR
Today, 1 USD = 46.5 INR
% increase = 15%

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks