Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2008, 00:53   #1
BHPian

MYGIG unit.Can this be retro fitted to another car?

I have just borrowed this MYGIG REZ unit from a dodge durango 5.7L.The unit has all the features one would look for like a 20 GB hard disc, DVD player,mp3,wma, jpeg, CD,USB port in front and an AUX in.
However what I need to know is if this can be retrofiited to any other car.I am not sure if this has an amplifier built in,but hey thats not a big deal I can buy what i need to from the market here. The rear of the HU has connectors which confuses me so if the gurus can shed some light on this it will be of great help.Thank.
Attached Thumbnails
MYGIG unit.Can this be retro fitted to another car?-mygig-front.jpg  

MYGIG unit.Can this be retro fitted to another car?-mygig-rear-panel.jpg  

Old 20th September 2008, 02:16   #2
BHPian

the head unit generally does come with a plug in unit in the back so that the wires can just be matched to the harness in you car. check if you will be able to get hold of that unit coz without it i really dont think you will be able to figure out the connectors avan if you had a detailed wiring instructions for the unit.
Old 20th September 2008, 10:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

From what I see in the pics, You will need to find out the pin configuration of the back plat, second find out if the system has any coded locks system where in it requires a digital code form the ECM [this was a anti theft system introduced on many cars].
And third is what ever car you want to us it in should have the space to accommodate this unit.
I think this system has a built in amp.
Old 24th September 2008, 18:21   #4
BHPian

Do you think the wires to connect can be bought from elsewhere?
Old 24th September 2008, 18:43   #5
BHPian

This is one of the HUnit i would love to have as it has almost all the things i was looking for !! phone,usb,etcc

now for the topic you can look for the wiring connectors at :

Wiring harnesses, car wiring harness, car stereo wires, metra, best harness, into car, into radio, harness, car stereo, factory radio, pioneer, kenwood, clarion, eclipse

Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Audio, Home Theater, Speakers, Plasma TV

If i have seen the connectors point and the model i would have given you the direct link for the harness ,you can search these sites and definitely you will get something ..

DO keep us updated
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:51   #6
BHPian

The units still at home awaiting the necessary plugins.However if I were to source these cables http://www.installer.com/pdf/allgig-hs.pdf what are my chances to get it started.The connection shown in page 6 is what I am referring to.Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks