Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:45   #1
BHPian

baleno altura ice

hey guys.. im falling more and more in love with team-bhp with each passing day. i feel sad that theres so much i dont no. Anyway i own a baleno altura, and everythings stock. we dont want to spend much on it because will probably sell it in about 6 months. dad is finding it too big these days.
father requires a tape player, which is already available in the car, its a kenwood, i checked the manual and it also has a cd changer port, which means i can have a aux in port as well. how much does getting this done cost? as is there any brand(wire) that would give me better quality. also can i get the rear speakers changed. the original speakers come with a small rear tray, is there any way i can get bigger ones or do i have to limit myself to a smaller size. please advise. also i reside in south delhi, so can sometime tell me where to get this wiring job done. thanks, and how does it worK?
Old 23rd September 2008, 19:04   #2
BANNED

Welcome to Team-bhp!

For a car which is going to be sold in another 6months or so, I would recommend to keep it intact as it is.
You can go to any good electronics servicing guys in your neighbourhood and they'll make an aux in for your HU.
Regarding the rear speakers, let the small ones remain. Leave the setup as it is. Instead, change your front speakers. Get a good set of components or coaxial speakers. This will pay you back some good results and you don't have to do any sort of cutting/modifications on the car.
Old 23rd September 2008, 21:44   #3
BHPian

thank you for you suggestion. i never thought of it this way, i suppose this is where experience comes in. funny of me never to have thought of a change in the front. i think we associate large big sound from the rear. The selling time isnt for certain, could be 6 months, could be more, the car doesnt give much problem, the size does. any idea how much this aux thing should cost me. n supposing i do get all four speakers changed, the sound is quite dissapointing, which ones should i get?
Old 24th September 2008, 04:38   #4
BANNED

If you have decent fronts, it will suffice better than having big rears. :naughty smilie):
Changing 4 speakers are a good idea. But concentrate more on the fronts than the rear.

Aux in won't cost more than a 100 odd rupees in most cases.
Old 24th September 2008, 13:03   #5
BHPian

thank u. any brand of speakers u would suggest? budget around < 5 to 6k. i want ok sound. nothing extraordinary. front + back

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks