Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:59   #1
BHPian

Guys, suggest a new HU for me

Whatever you do, if you are intending to change the HU, never, ever go for blaupunkt. I am a Blaupunkt user for 3.5 years. It is only for the brand name you are paying. Blaupunkt HU sound great, I admit(there are other units from other manufacturers at the same price that sound even better). But, wha happens to the Blaupunkt HUs is that, they work fine for say 6 months or may be for even 2.5 years, after which they just don't read the discs. A particular CD may be playing fine in the morning. In the evening, it might not read the CD even after ejecting and inserting it for 50 odd time. A cheap Sony XPLOD of 2500 bucks is even better than this. Blaupunkt's service is also so pathetic.

This problem first occurred when my unit was 9 months old. I gave it to SAMIR Agencies - the only authorized Blaupunkt service center in a metro city like Kolkata. They repaired it. Everything was fine till 3 months passed. The unit again started giving problems. This time, the warranty was just over by 6 days. I requested SAMIR several times, but they did not give any warranty support and instead set me back by telling this problem requires a lens change which will cost around Rs.1800 for an original Blaupunkt lens. They asked me to contact Blaupunkt sales and support center near Ice Skating Ring. The people at the Blaupunkt office told me that they can not provide warranty support. I requested them several times but in vain.While I was still there at the office, a Blaupunkt technician came to me. I am a doctor, and the Blaupunkt techy happened to be my patient. In an instance he took me to a room there and closed the door. He then opened my unit, took out the internals. Then he took a brand new unit out of the box, opened it, took out the internals and fixed the new units main components into mine. Then he carefully removed the stickers from the unit and placed them on the old internals of my unit which he has taken out. And on the new internals of my unit he placed the original stickers that were in my unit for so long. My unit was fine for an year after that, now it has again started giving problems. The guy told that Blaupunkt is good, but Blaupunkt in India cheats people and I might have got an old unit - just like this. And several others might have been cheated like this.

Unfortunately, the man no longer works at Blaupunkt. I called him the other day and he said that he now works ar XLUSIV and he services Pioneer units.

I realized that I had spent my hard earned 7.5 K just for sleep less nights.

Anyways, after giving my unit to various service centers across the city, I am finally selling it out to a guy(not a BHPian) for 5K. Now I will get a new HU for myself. You guys please suggest a decent one for 6K. The points to consider are :

1) It should not give any problems in reading discs
2) It should have USB
3) My earlier ICE setup had the Blaupunkt connected to rear XPLOD 6X9 Coaxes and two front speakers (in dash). The sound used to be good enough for any average listener.

4) The setup will be the same, except the change in HU.
5) I will get an Amp and component speakers in 6-7 months.
Old 23rd September 2008, 10:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

BLau HU gives hell lot of problems!

Pick new range of Pioneer HU (With B&W).. Very reliable and is avaialble with almost all car accessory shops ... Sound quality is also very nice !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks