Team-BHP - Music sys
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Music sys (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/4635-music-sys.html)

hey guys...i'm planning to get a new music sys for my car...i'm lookin for a one with a tag under 25k..which model do u recommend?

throw in some details man, what do you need? do you need deep bass(subs)? or just descent setup? or an audio/video combo (LCD's)? spending 25k will fetch you something real good. cheers~

gamerno1 vbmenu_register("postmenu_63740", true); ,
Why can't you suggest me a good combo?
Looking in the budget of 12-14K.
MP3 with CD. Should give good clarity and good bass. perfer them to be Dolby Digital. I like sounds coming from different sides and circuling (as in dts movies) in the car.
Can I achieve this within my budget?
-Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
hey guys...i'm planning to get a new music sys for my car...i'm lookin for a one with a tag under 25k..which model do u recommend?

give gamer details dude
he is the man when it comes to all this stuff
so think hard what you want

yes agree
gamer for sound
vance for light

hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
yes agree
gamer for sound
vance for light

hehe

im gonna get you for that bro
and the many times before
every dog has his day
you seem to have them everyday when it come to me eh....

i've got a pioneer 5650 and a pioneer amp and a sub....i'm lookin to get a better sys along with a kicker amp and sub....i just wanna know which SYS to buy...also any sugesstions about subs and amps

hey buddy if you have the kind of money...you should go in for the alpine 9830/9833 head unit...along with polk momo speakers and polk momo monobalaric sub..wit a mono block amp 2 drive the sub well the front speakers you can use the alpine 100w speakers...2 drive the set of these 4 speakers you can use a blaupunkt 440w amp...with a 2 farad capacitor to support the entire setup...trust me the sound will be like heavenly bliss i'm installing the same setup in a lancerr..if you need any more info please do pm me..cheers...!!

I'm looking to upgrade the system too, have got an ikon with Blaupunkt - Montreal HU & 693GTX (175watt X 2 rms ) speakers
with standard 45 watt oem speakers in front doors. I've got some Qs

How much will the Alpine HU 9833/9830 cost me ?

I'm thinking of going in for Pioneer TS-D690R shelf speakers (I really love the look of it) , how do the 690R (2-way 330 watts> 4.5K) compare to the Pioneer 6990S (5-way 400 watts > 3K) ?

Will be getting a Pioneer 800watt (about 3k) Subwoofer along with a Sony Amp (4.5k)

What do u think about the config, could u suggest something better ?? please:

I just upgraded my RS system a while back, this is what I have got installed;

Alpine 9830 (Stock with RS)
Alpine Type R 6 1/2 Componet Speakers (Front)
Alpine Type R 2way Co-Axials (Rears)
Alpine Type R 12" Sub DVC 2Ohm+2Ohm
Alpine F450 5Ch Amp.

I've bridged the front channel to give me about 80 RMS, I don’t care for the rear speakers so I'm driving them from the HU.

The sound of the setup is on the warmer side in the mids but sometimes a little too pronounced on the HF but nothing the HU cant tame this is simple a fantastic HU the level one can tweak with this HU esp the 9835 a PIONEER can only dream of.

The amp I lust for is a Butler Audio, hope to have it someday;
http://www.butleraudio.com/car.php
TDB 475 and pair it with a Illusion audio Carbon ND6.1 or if I hit a Jackpot then a Alpine Formula 1 Series speakers for the kind of materials used to build them its going for a song.
To me nothing sounds like a good Tube amp, this is extremely subjective but a Solid State just sounds dry in comparison IMHO.

Dragger:A 2 farad cap or any cap is a waste of money according to me as it only will survive for a couple of BASS notes and loose charge so effectively it is a great marketing gimmick, unless one is into HIGH SPL and has the money to install a bank of 10CAPS. The better solution is to get your Alternator upgraded with a better battery almost the same money but will drive the load with ease.

If one is having trouble with the system cutting out or the lights flickering like crazy then you can first try and rewire your alternator with a 2AWG or 4AWG wire it will surely improve things greatly and also is a very cheap tweak.

Regards,
Satyam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbfx
A 2 farad cap or any cap is a waste of money according to me as it only will survive for a couple of BASS notes and loose charge so effectively it is a great marketing gimmick, unless one is into HIGH SPL and has the money to install a bank of 10CAPS. The better solution is to get your Alternator upgraded with a better battery almost the same money but will drive the load with ease.

finally someone on TBHP said it.
agree:
that is so so true man. caps are waste of money. i never suggest my clients to put caps. the best thing is to get a better alternator with a decent battery (i just got a 45 ampere exide bat. with 3 yr warranty).
unless you are hooked up in the SPL scene, the cap is a waste of money. i & many friends take part in SPL events without caps & still get some real good figues.

about tweaking the alternator, i would say go to a person who knows what he is doing. a normal car audio guy wont necesarily have much knowledge about this.
~cheers

caps are a hangover from the older generation of amps. many moons ago i got a altec amplifer (4x35 rms) that came with a 0.5F "stiffening cap". I suppose this was the days before PWM in power supplies. Better wiring and a bigger alternator and battery will do a better job but will cost a lot more too.

BTW I upgraded my RS's system too.

HU: Alpine 9833 (used 9830 in my wife's sail).
Amp: Alpine MRV-F540 and MRV-T420 (tried Balupunkt Velocity and GTA 450)
Front Speakers: Alpine 6.5" SPR 176 (looked at Blaupunkt VX170 and JBL)
Rear Speakers: Alpine 5.25" SPR 136 (looked at Blaupunkt VX130 and JBL)
Sub: 2 x Blaupunkt bass tubes (tucked into corners as I need all the rear trunk space) otherwise better alternates would be Alpine's SBR 1241 or Blaupunkt's Velocity 8000A (powered sub) or VXB 12 or VXB 10.

maybe one could merge this topic with X-Factor's query.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
BTW I upgraded my RS's system too.

HU: Alpine 9833 (used 9830 in my wife's sail).
Amp: Alpine MRV-F540 and MRV-T420 (tried Balupunkt Velocity and GTA 450)
Front Speakers: Alpine 6.5" SPR 176 (looked at Blaupunkt VX170 and JBL)
Rear Speakers: Alpine 5.25" SPR 136 (looked at Blaupunkt VX130 and JBL)

navin,

how much did the HU (9833) and the rear speakers (SPR 136) cost you ?

yikes! I dont remember. I did this in october! sorry. however i'd suggest you replace the front first and then see if you want to replace the rears. it could save you some money since teh rears are for rear fill only. i went for the rears as I use my system to watch movies while being chauffered and fade the speakers to the rear (at low volume) so as not to distract the chauffer.