Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 10:54   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalravi View Post
The decision on 6x9 vs 6.5" circular will be taken after listening to the music on both. I have a list of 7 songs.
a 6x9 has about the Cone Surface Area of a 8" woofer but most 6x9s are tuned for more midbass than low bass (in free air) so wont go as low as an 8" woofer. They (6x9) should give you a bit more midbass though.

Quote:
The left quarter glass is useful when you are reversing and want to see the left clearance
I was refering to the left quarter glass. you cant have a speaker on just one side can you? so if even JUST the left quarter glass is useful you have to leave both glasses alone.
Old 15th October 2008, 14:02   #32

Hi Navin,
Yes I agree that 6x9 will be better. Will check it out during the audition.
Re. Left quarter glass visibility, since it only affects during reversing, I think that it may not be too much of a problem. You may have to be more careful when reversing and cutting left. I think I can handle that.
Thanx for the observation and warning.
Regards,
Ravi.
Old 15th October 2008, 14:36   #33
BHPian

kalravi,

while reversing i had hit the left side of rear guard against an edge of wall.
so i wont prefer blocking the quarter glass view. i have learnt it the hard way

Also the rear speakers would be too close to rear passengers, almost close to ears, we need to tune it accordingly. This is also discussed on the space saver install link. so maybe this will result in compromising on sound factor.
though u have the problem of lpg tank, do consider this issues.

another reason i dont prefer this option is because of any kids sitting (even standing!) on rear seats. kids also prefer the luggage space behind the rear seats. so if they stand up, there is good chance that the kids may get hit on head.
Old 15th October 2008, 14:43   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Re. Left quarter glass visibility, since it only affects during reversing,
one option might be to stick that convex "blind spot mirror" on your external mirrors to compensate for lack of visibility.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:07   #35
BHPian

for good ICE installation go to VASU from National Electronics in Bangalore His contact Number is 9901768982
Old 4th November 2008, 15:05   #36

Dear Navin / Chetans,
I have been driving for the last 3 weeks with both the quarter glass covered and have found no problem both while driving and while reversing. I had postponed further study because of this. Now that I am confident that it is not inconvenient, I'll talk o other people and le you know.
Regards,
Ravi.
Old 4th November 2008, 16:18   #37
BHPian

Kalravi,

Components are the best bet for front and they have midbass+ tweeters+crossover as a set which is well tuned from factory (than going for sperate speakers and tweeters). Also, as Navinji said 6x9 will be better if you have no plan for a sub. So, my best bet would be option 4

Ken+Ilusion comps front+JBL 6x9 rear

Try to add an amp later if your budget permits. I hope you would have already settled and worked out a plan with Satya. Wish you all the best. Waiting for install pics and report.
Old 5th November 2008, 18:38   #38
BHPian

hi ravi,

do let us know when your finalize the setup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks